HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri May 04, 2012 1:00 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Maybe they're trying to pick the last of the WLs? Who knows at this point.

yeah i don't list is as big as it usually is..im sure there is more space...i thought they have been silent because they were dealing with deposits and trying to gauge their yield...but with so many deadline deposits (varying on when people were admitted)...i don't know how they will be able to make this estimation. I wish they disclosed the size of the WL like Yale does...at least u know how big it is...
Harvard's is probably huge. Hearing a number like "Our waitlist is between 300-400 people," is only going to throw us all into a deep depression.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Maybe they're trying to pick the last of the WLs? Who knows at this point.

yeah i don't list is as big as it usually is..im sure there is more space...i thought they have been silent because they were dealing with deposits and trying to gauge their yield...but with so many deadline deposits (varying on when people were admitted)...i don't know how they will be able to make this estimation. I wish they disclosed the size of the WL like Yale does...at least u know how big it is...
Harvard's is probably huge. Hearing a number like "Our waitlist is between 300-400 people," is only going to throw us all into a deep depression.
+1 :(

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

true.... but it would be nice to know how many people get off the WL...
But the % of people who get off it is more when u compare it to YS and some T-14 schools. My friend said Yale's WL is like 100...and someone on tls said only 5-10 people get off it..that's like 5-10%...if Harvard had a WL of 300 and lets say 50 people get of it...the odds are still better at H.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

true.... but it would be nice to know how many people get off the WL...
But the % of people who get off it is more when u compare it to YS and some T-14 schools. My friend said Yale's WL is like 100...and someone on tls said only 5-10 people get off it..that's like 5-10%...if Harvard had a WL of 300 and lets say 50 people get of it...the odds are still better at H.
I understand the sentiment, but the amount that H or Y pulls from the waitlist is going to vary every year, so they're not going to want to create an expectation that might not be met. It seems that Harvard pulls 14-16 from LSN each year. I have no idea how to project that out, but some people on TLS have estimated roughly 8-10% of applicants use LSN. I would conservatively say that they pull 50-80 off of the waitlist, but this is a total guesstimate.

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Fri May 04, 2012 1:46 pm

How many people do you guys think still haven't heard back? There can't be more than a handful of applicants left at this point...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Fri May 04, 2012 3:26 pm

GoodFood wrote:How many people do you guys think still haven't heard back? There can't be more than a handful of applicants left at this point...
it's going to be pretty messed up if we all get dings at 9:01 am on monday.

salamanders

New

Post by salamanders » Fri May 04, 2012 3:29 pm

user_france wrote:
GoodFood wrote:How many people do you guys think still haven't heard back? There can't be more than a handful of applicants left at this point...
it's going to be pretty messed up if we all get dings at 9:01 am on monday.

+1

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Some mentioned in this thread or the WL thread that when he/she called the person who answered was surprised that he/she had not received a decision. So I'm going to guess the number left is small. But being Friday I would have thought Harvard would have at least made some decisions today.

And lets be honest I do not think it takes weeks to calculate yield (from the May 1st deadline). If they really wanted to, they could have started sending out some kb1s already. I think they are enjoying this.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri May 04, 2012 3:31 pm

sharktankdean wrote:

Some mentioned in this thread or the WL thread that when he/she called the person who answered was surprised that he/she had not received a decision. So I'm going to guess the number left is small. But being Friday I would have thought Harvard would have at least made some decisions today.

And lets be honest I do not think it takes weeks to calculate yield (from the May 1st deadline). If they really wanted to, they could have started sending out some kb1s already. I think they are enjoying this.
Who can blame them? Sadism is appealing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Fri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Are all three of you above URMs? ^

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 pm

GoodFood wrote:Are all three of you above URMs? ^
im not

nkp007

Bronze

Post by nkp007 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I wonder if they use excel or are still tracking everything on ledger paper.

I bet the latter

kleenbean88

New

Post by kleenbean88 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Finally waitlisted!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 pm

kleenbean88 wrote:Finally waitlisted!
just now?

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Fri May 04, 2012 4:37 pm

user_france wrote:
GoodFood wrote:Are all three of you above URMs? ^
im not
I am.

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Fri May 04, 2012 4:44 pm

So far I counted 6 on TLS lol...

Lemon Lyman

New

Post by Lemon Lyman » Sat May 05, 2012 3:59 am

Finally waitlisted as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Underhill

New

Post by Underhill » Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Checking in. I'm also still waiting. No word since I was held in late Feb. Non-URM.

neuropol

New

waiting in vain

Post by neuropol » Sat May 05, 2012 9:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NNGVHrqho

'Cause if summer is here,
I'm still waiting there;

sharktankdean

Silver

Re: waiting in vain

Post by sharktankdean » Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 pm

neuropol wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NNGVHrqho

I'm still waiting there;

hopefully u should hear back this week. it looks like the end of this cycle is mirroring that of 2010..the last reported decision was on May 10th...it was a WL..i dont think they rejected anyone after a certain time.

neuropol

New

Re: waiting in vain

Post by neuropol » Sun May 06, 2012 2:03 am

sharktankdean wrote:
neuropol wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6NNGVHrqho

I'm still waiting there;

hopefully u should hear back this week. it looks like the end of this cycle is mirroring that of 2010..the last reported decision was on May 10th...it was a WL..i dont think they rejected anyone after a certain time.

I hope so! In the meanwhile I'm enjoying this Bob Marley. What a great song.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 am

Underhill wrote:Checking in. I'm also still waiting. No word since I was held in late Feb. Non-URM.
Hey, Mr. Underhill, we should get a pint sometime. :wink:

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Sun May 06, 2012 10:19 am

Elendil wrote:
Underhill wrote:Checking in. I'm also still waiting. No word since I was held in late Feb. Non-URM.
Hey, Mr. Underhill, we should get a pint sometime. :wink:

I appreciated this :)

user_france

New

Post by user_france » Sun May 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Still waiting. Anybody else still out there?

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Sun May 06, 2012 10:33 pm

user_france wrote:Still waiting. Anybody else still out there?
Hopefully u all hear soon..............also it would be nice if kb1s came out this week

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”