Deferred?? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
John1986

New

Deferred??

Post by John1986 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:43 pm

I recently applied for the January Accelerated program at Pace Law and received a letter that they were deferring my application to the fall 2012 application pool. I realize this is a rejection for January but does it mean I have a shot at being accepted for the fall? Is it a slim chance? The letter stated they would wait to see what the application pool looked like..

Thanks

landla

Bronze

Re: Deferred??

Post by landla » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:51 pm

You'll be more likely to get a reply to this under a Pace discussion, since people there will know the school better.

Good luck!

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:21 pm

No Pace C/O 2015 thread.

landla

Bronze

Post by landla » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:No Pace C/O 2015 thread.
That's why I was suggesting any Pace discussion - or label this Pace.

OP: I would say that it means you don't have a great chance but, as they said, they want to see what their applicant pool looks like before they ultimately decide. If you have no chance, a school usually flat-out denies you rather than spending the additional time. If you are intent upon attending Pace, perhaps sending LOCI and any relevant updates would help strengthen your application. If you have time/aren't intent on attending next year, perhaps spend some time strengthening your application (be that work experience, LSAT score, PS, whatever you can improve). (I completely understand wanting to attend immediately and find no fault in it in some situations. In others, time makes sense. You'll figure out your position, I'm sure.) I haven't looked into Pace at all, which is why I was suggesting putting the school label on the discussion to get more directed information. Again, good luck!

John1986

New

Post by John1986 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:53 am

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”