In at GULC! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Attending?

Totally!
20%
Going somewhere else
31%
Still deciding
50%

Total votes: 222

moxy

Bronze

Re: In at GULC!

Post by moxy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:18 am

Deposited yesterday. Very excited!

juju96

New

Post by juju96 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 pm

So is the consensus that they're done giving out merit aid?

bbalcrzy23

Bronze

Post by bbalcrzy23 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 am

Has anyone used a GW scholarship or higher ranked school acceptance as leverage for merit aid from Georgetown?

Sammy841

Bronze

Post by Sammy841 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:01 am

juju96 wrote:So is the consensus that they're done giving out merit aid?
I called to ask this and they said Dean C has been out of the office so new offers for merit aid won't be made until at least the first week in May. So I asked if I could get an extension on the deposit deadline and they effectively said no. Super helpful.

holden147

Bronze

Post by holden147 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Got an e-mail from Dean Cornblatt stating that their funds are exhausted so whatever aid you've received is what they have to give out. Hopefully once the first deadline passes and people with $$ don't deposit, they can redistribute some of that aid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nfohey

New

Post by nfohey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:37 pm

holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail from Dean Cornblatt stating that their funds are exhausted so whatever aid you've received is what they have to give out. Hopefully once the first deadline passes and people with $$ don't deposit, they can redistribute some of that aid.
Got the same email. I wonder how likely it really is though. Tough to decide if I should hang on for the slim chance that $$ wil free up for me.

bbalcrzy23

Bronze

Post by bbalcrzy23 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Last edited by bbalcrzy23 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:45 pm

How much and when is the deposit due?

nfohey

New

Post by nfohey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:46 pm

msblaw89 wrote:How much and when is the deposit due?
May 1st, I believe it's $400 for the first one. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:47 pm

nfohey wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:How much and when is the deposit due?
May 1st, I believe it's $400 for the first one. Fell free to correct me if I'm wrong.
ayyyyyyyy cuatrocientos dolares! No bueno

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm withdrawing. I can't deal with Alison spada anymore. The office is definitely the biggest headache in the t14. It seems that unless I cut off my thumb and mail it in an envelope nothing I can do is enough to convince them I wanna attend so I can be considered for a scholarship. I've already gotten money from better schools without going through a process that's akin to pulling teeth out so this is no longer worth it to me.

Good luck to everyone!!! Hope you have a better experience than I did

swoozie

Bronze

Post by swoozie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I have a (kinda embarrassing) question...did you have to fill out the yellow form for merit aid consideration? I thought it was only for need-based (I know, I probably should have done it anyway). It's not going to bother me too much because I did not connect AT ALL to georgetown when I visited, so it didn't become a real contender for me but I will feel a bit dumb if that's why I never got an offer from Georgetown. :P (I never got any e-mail saying I was up for merit consideration).

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 pm

swoozie wrote:I have a (kinda embarrassing) question...did you have to fill out the yellow form for merit aid consideration? I thought it was only for need-based (I know, I probably should have done it anyway). It's not going to bother me too much because I did not connect AT ALL to georgetown when I visited, so it didn't become a real contender for me but I will feel a bit dumb if that's why I never got an offer from Georgetown. :P (I never got any e-mail saying I was up for merit consideration).
No

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

swoozie

Bronze

Post by swoozie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
swoozie wrote:I have a (kinda embarrassing) question...did you have to fill out the yellow form for merit aid consideration? I thought it was only for need-based (I know, I probably should have done it anyway). It's not going to bother me too much because I did not connect AT ALL to georgetown when I visited, so it didn't become a real contender for me but I will feel a bit dumb if that's why I never got an offer from Georgetown. :P (I never got any e-mail saying I was up for merit consideration).
No
good to know, thank you.

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:I'm withdrawing. I can't deal with Alison spada anymore. The office is definitely the biggest headache in the t14. It seems that unless I cut off my thumb and mail it in an envelope nothing I can do is enough to convince them I wanna attend so I can be considered for a scholarship. I've already gotten money from better schools without going through a process that's akin to pulling teeth out so this is no longer worth it to me.

Good luck to everyone!!! Hope you have a better experience than I did
Biggest +1 ever.

I withdrew today as well for the exact same reason. I've been waiting since that first scholarship email in Feb and just keep getting "touching base with you" and 'you're on our radar" emails from her. Oh well, I'll be off to Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Anyone get another famous Cornblatt e-mai this morning?

moxy

Bronze

Post by moxy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:30 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Anyone get another famous Cornblatt e-mai this morning?
Nothing here. I have given up on my pipe dream. Sticker it is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nfohey

New

Post by nfohey » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Yep. Mine was something along the lines of "I know the deadline is a few days away, but I really want to know if you'll be depositing."

Well Andy, I would be much more likely to attend if you'd throw some $$ around.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 pm

nfohey wrote:
Yep. Mine was something along the lines of "I know the deadline is a few days away, but I really want to know if you'll be depositing."

Well Andy, I would be much more likely to attend if you'd throw some $$ around.
Pretty much what I was thinking

juju96

New

Post by juju96 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:34 pm

for anyone that emailed Ms. Spada, generally speaking how long was the response time before you heard back?

chellypip

New

Post by chellypip » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah I got one...I think it actually helped me make up my mind about GULC. This has been the only school I applied to that has really shown an interest in getting me to attend (*ahem* Cornell). So...

I SENT IN MY DEPOSIT!!!!!!! Hopefully I will see most of you in the fall.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:30 pm

juju96 wrote:for anyone that emailed Ms. Spada, generally speaking how long was the response time before you heard back?
Every time I e-mail Alison...I get an auto response email from Cornblatt. Now, that could be a coincidence

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:40 pm

juju96 wrote:for anyone that emailed Ms. Spada, generally speaking how long was the response time before you heard back?
Never took me more than a day or two, and I never got an auto-response from Cornblatt (other than informing me of my scholarship offer).

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm pretty sure you did. I could be mistaken but I got my offer for merit aid pretty soon after I filled out the form, which I was a week or two late to by accident. Could've been a coincidence, but I never got an initial email telling me I was eligible for a scholarship at all, and in my scholarship offer it specifically mentioned that it would be combined with my need based aid to the total every year. Not sure where you could find this information, but I'm pretty sure you had to. Don't know how much time is left or if this is helpful but hope it is and good luck wherever you end up.

holden147

Bronze

Post by holden147 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Just got an e-mail they received my deposit. See you all in the fall. 8)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”