Arizona State c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Post by PolySuyGuy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 pm

jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:
Solieyu wrote:Probably to come in the later e-mail Chitra said would arrive sometime next week today.

Looks like you are the only one. You were an auto admit anyway.

How long before you notify U of A? =)
Did you withdraw from the waitlist?

I originally email them and told them no, they asked me if I was sure, and that they were serious (paraphrase). I thought about it this weekend and I called them back this morning and told them that if they were serious to keep me on the waitlist. They said they were serious and would keep me on the list. Who knows if they were being forthright with me.

I assume you didn't get moved off the waitlist either?

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Solieyu wrote:Just got my acceptance e-mail at noon from Chitra.

Congratulations!!

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:40 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:
Solieyu wrote:Probably to come in the later e-mail Chitra said would arrive sometime next week today.

Looks like you are the only one. You were an auto admit anyway.

How long before you notify U of A? =)
Did you withdraw from the waitlist?

I originally email them and told them no, they asked me if I was sure, and that they were serious (paraphrase). I thought about it this weekend and I called them back this morning and told them that if they were serious to keep me on the waitlist. They said they were serious and would keep me on the list. Who knows if they were being forthright with me.

I assume you didn't get moved off the waitlist either?
Nope. I am officially worried, again.

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:06 am

Just so you're forewarned: There is about three to four months worth of preparation to pack into the next two weeks before classes start on the 23rd. Including getting your immunization records sent in (I imagine you won't have to, Jenn, since you did your UG here). There's also a bit of assigned reading for the mandatory orientation and a fair amount of bureaucratic hoops to hop through and not a lot of time to do it. I have no idea when I'll be assigned a schedule. Maybe gaud can help out with that?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:44 am

Solieyu wrote:Just so you're forewarned: There is about three to four months worth of preparation to pack into the next two weeks before classes start on the 23rd. Including getting your immunization records sent in (I imagine you won't have to, Jenn, since you did your UG here). There's also a bit of assigned reading for the mandatory orientation and a fair amount of bureaucratic hoops to hop through and not a lot of time to do it. I have no idea when I'll be assigned a schedule. Maybe gaud can help out with that?
Congrats for getting in! So, i'm tl;dr.... are you coming for sure??

Immunizations seem to be quite easy to get done. If you haven't gotten them, all you need is one and they will create a waiver for you (so that you can be registered for classes) until your second.

Classes are assigned to you so I'm guessing you should get that info very soon.

What assignments/requirements, in particular, are you concerned with? The mandatory reading (for orientation) is only like 30 pages or something.

ETA: You can always PM me if you have questions too

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 pm

I received a fairly generous scholarship award letter today via e-mail from Dean Soto via Joseph Lindsay (Financial Aid Director), so it seems there is still scholarship $$ to be had.

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Solieyu wrote:I received a fairly generous scholarship award letter today via e-mail from Dean Soto via Joseph Lindsay (Financial Aid Director), so it seems there is still scholarship $$ to be had.

Congratulations. We all figured that would happen. Did your online financial aid status reflect that right away?

The rest of us are still waiting.

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 pm

No, my online status hasn't changed yet, though I'm happy to have an offer in writing.

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Solieyu wrote:No, my online status hasn't changed yet, though I'm happy to have an offer in writing.

When is orientation? Any specifics about orientation you can offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:02 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
Solieyu wrote:No, my online status hasn't changed yet, though I'm happy to have an offer in writing.

+1

From what I know it is August 17th from 8-5 . . . beyond that??

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 pm

jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

+1

Just one day? Other places are 3 days.

Classes start the 23th?

I just checked there are now 147 first year students. Solieyu must have registered.

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

+1

Just one day? Other places are 3 days.

Classes start the 23th?

I just checked there are now 147 first year students. Solieyu must have registered.
here is a link: http://apps.law.asu.edu/Apps/WebEvents/Calendar.aspx

Click on prospective students and make sure the date range is for the whole month.

I guess it is scheduled for multiple days - last I checked it was only scheduled for the 17th, now I guess it starts the 18th.

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Orientation starts the 18th with a Service Project (making art kits) and goes until the 22nd. On the 19th there's an informal social held by the various URM associations. Orientation as you'd expect it starts the 20th. Classes the 23rd.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Registered for classes today. Withdrew from U of A. Now for books and whatnot.

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Solieyu wrote:Registered for classes today. Withdrew from U of A. Now for books and whatnot.
Currently there are 150 1L's registered. They are going to have a small class.

The out of state students are going to be in for a HUGE shock next year when they don't get their in state tuition.

I think U of A is going to get destroyed this year. Their Acting Admissions Director Allison Nash, she needs to listen to Dan Nunez instead of trying to solo it herself.

There is a reason Eric Eden jumped ship recently. LOL

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Now that orientation is over and class has begun, can anyone report on class size and LSAT/GPA stats of the incoming class? Thanks.

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 pm

I sincerely did not think I would be able to say this . . . . but . . . . I'M IN!!!! I have heard of people getting in on or shortly after classes start, but never thought that would be me. I missed orientation, and will most likely be missing the first day of class for one (possibly two classes), which is a bummer, but I MADE IT!!

Any of you guys (Gaud, Solieyu, etc.) that have any insight or info to share so I can get myself ready for next week, I would appreciate it. I am especially interested to learn what I missed during orientation. Thanks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 pm

jennbear wrote:I sincerely did not think I would be able to say this . . . . but . . . . I'M IN!!!! I have heard of people getting in on or shortly after classes start, but never thought that would be me. I missed orientation, and will most likely be missing the first day of class for one (possibly two classes), which is a bummer, but I MADE IT!!

Any of you guys (Gaud, Solieyu, etc.) that have any insight or info to share so I can get myself ready for next week, I would appreciate it. I am especially interested to learn what I missed during orientation. Thanks.
Congrats!!!!

You didn't miss much, if anything, during orientation. Seriously lol. Just make sure you get your books and passwords (westlaw, lexisnexis, bloomberg) asap and get to reading!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 pm

You can PM me if you have more specific questions

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”