Baltimore Law 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
T14HopefulAK

New

Re: Baltimore Law 2015

Post by T14HopefulAK » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 pm

For those that got accepted, did the scholly info come with the acceptance email? just got acceptance email today but no mention of scholarship!

Dead Parrot

New

Post by Dead Parrot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:29 pm

My scholarship came about a week later in the mail, and it sounds like a few others on this thread had the same experience. Good luck.

apslaw1031

New

Post by apslaw1031 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am

Withdrawing today...
Hopefully one of you gets my spot and scholarship money! :)

diegoforlan10

Bronze

Post by diegoforlan10 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 am

Thrilled as I am by the scholarship, the stips are just too high. Withdrawing today good luck everybody!

Edit: Scholly info came by e-mail a few days after the acceptance e-mail.

Scottie2Hottie

New

Post by Scottie2Hottie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Most likely attending here in the fall, over a 15K scholly from other TTT. Attended ASD and was impressed with the interim dean and new building. Also, the students that were a part of the panels seemed quite successful already.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mandi

New

Post by Mandi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Got a scholarship offer via email at the end of last week. I couldn't go to the scholarship dinner on Friday evening because I already had plans but the stips are pretty high. I am seriously considering this school but was wondering if everyone receiving a scholarship has the high stips (3.25 GPA) and thoughts on how hard it would be to maintain that GPA and keep the funding.

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Mandi wrote:Got a scholarship offer via email at the end of last week. I couldn't go to the scholarship dinner on Friday evening because I already had plans but the stips are pretty high. I am seriously considering this school but was wondering if everyone receiving a scholarship has the high stips (3.25 GPA) and thoughts on how hard it would be to maintain that GPA and keep the funding.
My scholarship had the same stips. From what I understand, maintaining that GPA would be quite difficult.

Mandi

New

Post by Mandi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 pm

ama004 wrote:
Mandi wrote:Got a scholarship offer via email at the end of last week. I couldn't go to the scholarship dinner on Friday evening because I already had plans but the stips are pretty high. I am seriously considering this school but was wondering if everyone receiving a scholarship has the high stips (3.25 GPA) and thoughts on how hard it would be to maintain that GPA and keep the funding.
My scholarship had the same stips. From what I understand, maintaining that GPA would be quite difficult.
That is the same thing I was told. Reading back farther into the board it looks as if all the scholarships have the same stips. I am scared I would not be able to maintain that GPA and then it would not be worth it for me to go there over other schools that are a little more expensive but much higher ranked. However, I really liked the feel at UB over other schools I visited.

Ziiish

New

Post by Ziiish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I would try to negotiate down your stips. I was told more than 1/3 of the scholarship students lose their scholarship every year. don't let admissions try to tell you it's not that hard to keep that GPA-all it takes is one bad semester and your scholarship is gone forever (I asked, you can't get it back)
Mandi wrote:
ama004 wrote:
That is the same thing I was told. Reading back farther into the board it looks as if all the scholarships have the same stips. I am scared I would not be able to maintain that GPA and then it would not be worth it for me to go there over other schools that are a little more expensive but much higher ranked. However, I really liked the feel at UB over other schools I visited.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mandi

New

Post by Mandi » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Just spoke to the admissions office. The lady there advised me that the stipulations were based on the entering class size and that they were not negotiable at all. They base the GPA stipulation on the number of students in the entering class and how many have received/accepted scholarships. She did say that they try to allocate the number of students that have received scholarships into classes evenly so that students with scholarships are not competing against an unfair amount of other scholarship students in the same classes. She said the GPA stip would be lowered only if the number of students accepting scholarships dropped to a number that would make it unrealistic for every student to keep his/her scholarship based on the size of the entering class.

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 am

Withdrew from Baltimore (evening program) w/ a scholarship. Good luck waitlisters!

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Accepted off the waitlist but unfortunately my heart is completely invested in Maryland.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”