Drake c/o 2015 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shredderrrrrr

Gold

Re: Drake c/o 2015 applicants

Post by shredderrrrrr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Finally got out of the hospital but won't be able to go tonight. Have fun those that are! I'll try to make it Tuesday.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:28 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:Finally got out of the hospital but won't be able to go tonight. Have fun those that are! I'll try to make it Tuesday.
I hope you're feeling better!

Did anyone else experience a nightmare with accepting loans? Mine has been stalled because of a bill that had already been paid and it's becoming RIDICULOUS.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm

llachans wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:Finally got out of the hospital but won't be able to go tonight. Have fun those that are! I'll try to make it Tuesday.
I hope you're feeling better!

Did anyone else experience a nightmare with accepting loans? Mine has been stalled because of a bill that had already been paid and it's becoming RIDICULOUS.
:shock: A friend/summer con law classmate of mine actually had that problem. She was pissed as haylll.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:50 pm

vpintz wrote: :shock: A friend/summer con law classmate of mine actually had that problem. She was pissed as haylll.
Yeah. I guess I had a hospital bill that was paid for, but the hospital never sent that info to the collections agency. I understand that they deal with a lot of bills, but the timing is terrible. And the appeal process is taking what seems like forever.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 pm

llachans wrote:
vpintz wrote: :shock: A friend/summer con law classmate of mine actually had that problem. She was pissed as haylll.
Yeah. I guess I had a hospital bill that was paid for, but the hospital never sent that info to the collections agency. I understand that they deal with a lot of bills, but the timing is terrible. And the appeal process is taking what seems like forever.
.......are you suuuure you didn't do con law? :lol: Because friend/classmate had the same exact thing. Hospital bills that were pain, but she was told they were in collections. She ended up just getting a cosigner because it ended up being quicker and easier.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 pm

vpintz wrote: .......are you suuuure you didn't do con law? :lol: Because friend/classmate had the same exact thing. Hospital bills that were pain, but she was told they were in collections. She ended up just getting a cosigner because it ended up being quicker and easier.
Weird! I've been debating having my dad cosign, but I'd rather have them 100% in my name. I faxed them the proof that it was paid and it's pretty much been crickets soon even though I harass them frequently. I'll give it a few more days until I fold into the cosigner idea. UGH.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Just when I thought the admit cycle was over, I got a totally unsolicited letter from Rutgers Camden today. They're offering to waive the app fee and deposit and if they accept me they'll give me a full-tuition scholarship. This is not good news for Rutgers. Apparently people found out they are in New Jersey.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Opie wrote:Just when I thought the admit cycle was over, I got a totally unsolicited letter from Rutgers Camden today. They're offering to waive the app fee and deposit and if they accept me they'll give me a full-tuition scholarship. This is not good news for Rutgers. Apparently people found out they are in New Jersey.
:lol:

Yeah, a buuuuuuunch of people are getting those o.o

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 am

How were the events?! Still pissed I couldn't come. Just figured a groaning pain-medicine filled kid with a 103 degree fever probably wouldn't have left good first impressions :lol: and you only have one shot at those!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:11 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:How were the events?! Still pissed I couldn't come. Just figured a groaning pain-medicine filled kid with a 103 degree fever probably wouldn't have left good first impressions :lol: and you only have one shot at those!
I only went to the barbecue, and only after most of the 1Ls were gone, but I had a great time. There is another barbecue schedules for just after the start of classes. You really should get a Facebook if only for school. SBA has a poll up right now pertaining to Barrister's Ball.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:48 am

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:How were the events?! Still pissed I couldn't come. Just figured a groaning pain-medicine filled kid with a 103 degree fever probably wouldn't have left good first impressions :lol: and you only have one shot at those!
I only went to the barbecue, and only after most of the 1Ls were gone, but I had a great time. There is another barbecue schedules for just after the start of classes. You really should get a Facebook if only for school. SBA has a poll up right now pertaining to Barrister's Ball.
I'm considering it...(which is saying a lot :lol: ). Don't wanna make you guys always be the messengers!

Do you know of any good barbers in town? I have been trying to set up an appointment at Dave's Barber by Drake (heard good things) but he has been giving me hell and I think I'm ready to look somewhere else.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:
I'm considering it...(which is saying a lot :lol: ). Don't wanna make you guys always be the messengers!

Do you know of any good barbers in town? I have been trying to set up an appointment at Dave's Barber by Drake (heard good things) but he has been giving me hell and I think I'm ready to look somewhere else.
Barber Stylists Uptown. Sam Reese is the best in town. He may not take you though. Dint tell him you know me because I haven't been going. 42nd and University.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:

Barber Stylists Uptown. Sam Reese is the best in town. He may not take you though. Dint tell him you know me because I haven't been going. 42nd and University.
Great recommendation. Went today and it was the best haircut I've ever had. He asked how I heard about him and I just said some anonymous poster on the internet :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Glad you liked it! My ex has been cutting my hair since she's back in town. Not as good, but it's free!

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Ahhh! My boxes are 100% packed. I'm loading up the moving truck tomorrow and finally moving in on Friday! I can't wait to explore Des Moines before classes begin!!!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm

llachans wrote:Ahhh! My boxes are 100% packed. I'm loading up the moving truck tomorrow and finally moving in on Friday! I can't wait to explore Des Moines before classes begin!!!
Yay! =D You'll love DSM. <3

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:21 pm

vpintz wrote: Yay! =D You'll love DSM. <3
I have a giant list of things I must do before school starts. I doubt I'll even get through a fourth of them. : (

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:39 pm

llachans wrote:
I have a giant list of things I must do before school starts. I doubt I'll even get through a fourth of them. : (
Let us know if you need advice, directions, etc.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:
My tip as a noob: Make sure to distinguish between WDM and DM when going somewhere on University. Went to 42nd and University in WDM looking for the barber yesterday only to realize it is in DM. A week or two before, I went to 60th and University in DM looking for Lakeview Medical Center only to realize it was at the same address in WDM. Shit gets me every time.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Opie wrote:
llachans wrote:
My tip as a noob: Make sure to distinguish between WDM and DM when going somewhere on University. Went to 42nd and University in WDM looking for the barber yesterday only to realize it is in DM. A week or two before, I went to 60th and University in DM looking for Lakeview Medical Center only to realize it was at the same address in WDM. Shit gets me every time.
True! Also, Urbandale uses the Des Moines numbering. 63rd is approximately 1st in WDM. 86th is 22nd. 100th is 35th, 72nd is 8th. :)

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote: My tip as a noob: Make sure to distinguish between WDM and DM when going somewhere on University. Went to 42nd and University in WDM looking for the barber yesterday only to realize it is in DM. A week or two before, I went to 60th and University in DM looking for Lakeview Medical Center only to realize it was at the same address in WDM. Shit gets me every time.
True! Also, Urbandale uses the Des Moines numbering. 63rd is approximately 1st in WDM. 86th is 22nd. 100th is 35th, 72nd is 8th. :)
That's just weird o.o

OH Opie I need yr input/advice: I'm not well informed as to what restaurants are in the area and I need to pick one for my birthday extravaganza...(I'm thinking places that have good steak, if that helps.)

Also, Shredderrr and llchans, you guys are invited to aforementioned birthday event =D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:05 pm

vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote: My tip as a noob: Make sure to distinguish between WDM and DM when going somewhere on University. Went to 42nd and University in WDM looking for the barber yesterday only to realize it is in DM. A week or two before, I went to 60th and University in DM looking for Lakeview Medical Center only to realize it was at the same address in WDM. Shit gets me every time.
That's just weird o.o

OH Opie I need yr input/advice: I'm not well informed as to what restaurants are in the area and I need to pick one for my birthday extravaganza...(I'm thinking places that have good steak, if that helps.)

Also, Shredderrr and llchans, you guys are invited to aforementioned birthday event =D
How many people? What price range? Preferred atmosphere/style of other dishes/side of town if any?

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Opie wrote:
vpintz wrote:
Opie wrote:
That's just weird o.o

How many people? What price range? Preferred atmosphere/style of other dishes/side of town if any?
Probably around 10 to 15, not too expensive (no more than, say...$30 per plate?) And anything downtown or close to downtown (reasonable driving distance to downtown) would be ideal, but I'm flexible.

Opie

Silver

Post by Opie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Skip's, Noah's Ark, Americana, Django, Centro, Racoon River Brewing Co., Court Ave Brewing Co... The list goes on. Those are very different in style though.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Opie wrote:Skip's, Noah's Ark, Americana, Django, Centro, Racoon River Brewing Co., Court Ave Brewing Co... The list goes on. Those are very different in style though.
Thanks =D <3 I'm thinking of going with Americana. Thanks for the help! =D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”