Temple 2011-2012 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mt1042

New

Re: Temple 2011-2012 Cycle

Post by mt1042 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:37 pm

rdshore wrote:Sad to do it but I received a great job offer this week and will be taking another year off.
I'm sure you'll hear this from other people. But if you are happy w/ your employment w/o going to law school, then DO NOT go to law school.

SlimShadyMcCoy

New

Post by SlimShadyMcCoy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:28 am

x7227 wrote:
mt1042 wrote:
SlimShadyMcCoy wrote: mt1042 - Do you know what your buddy's LSAT and GPA stats were? I realize that there's often more to it than LSAT/GPA that will get someone off of a waitlist, but I can't help but wonder.
I'm afraid I don't know what his scores were. You'll find that no one gives a rat's ass about the LSAT or how you did in college once you get into school. I know he did graduate w/ distinction from a very well respected school and had quite a bit of work experience.

My unsolicited and uninformed advice. Keep calling Temple (without being annoying) and let them know you want to go there. If you are in the medians or at least close to them then you have a shot.
LOCI FTW!
Okay, so I hand-delivered my LOCI a few months ago to the admissions office. Call me crazy, but I wanted to make sure that it got there without any hang-ups. Now I'm wondering if there's a possibility that it never made it to my file and that the adcomm won't even know that I wrote one. I've read that some law schools prefer that all LOCI be sent by e-mail. Am I having crazy thoughts, or should I call the admissions office to make sure they have it?

mt1042

New

Post by mt1042 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:40 pm

SlimShadyMcCoy wrote: Okay, so I hand-delivered my LOCI a few months ago to the admissions office. Call me crazy, but I wanted to make sure that it got there without any hang-ups. Now I'm wondering if there's a possibility that it never made it to my file and that the adcomm won't even know that I wrote one. I've read that some law schools prefer that all LOCI be sent by e-mail. Am I having crazy thoughts, or should I call the admissions office to make sure they have it?
If it has been awhile since you last spoke w/ anyone in the office, I don't think it'd be inappropriate to stop by again and inquire generally about your status. That way you confirm your interest w/o sounding paranoid. :wink:

If you haven't had a tour of the school yet, you should do it. It's a good way to spend 45 minutes w/ someone in the office and make an impression.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for the admissions office, nor know anyone in that office. So I'm really just guessing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”