Texas Tech 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TxRenegade2012

New

Re: Texas Tech 2012

Post by TxRenegade2012 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:09 pm

I'll be there

A12345

Bronze

Post by A12345 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:12 pm

What did everyone think about ASW?

b.gump81

Bronze

Post by b.gump81 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:17 am

I heard Mark Lanier showed up. I've always wanted to meet him.

A12345

Bronze

Post by A12345 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 am

b.gump81 wrote:I heard Mark Lanier showed up. I've always wanted to meet him.
Yea his daughter was an accepted student.

lnh819

Bronze

Post by lnh819 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 am

I really hate to revive such an old thread - I know that's bad internet etiquette - but I was wondering if any current Tech Law students could recommend an apartment complex. Right now, I'm looking at the ULofts. The places around Tech seem to fill up by February so I'd like to submit an initial application to at least one complex while I have some free time over Christmas. I'm 80% sure that I'm going to Tech so it seemed a good gamble to go ahead and secure housing. I'm guessing there isn't one particular place that's super-popular among the law students but any advice would be great! Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 am

If I'm thinking of the correct complex, ULofts has a ton of UG tech students.
It's walking distance to the campus (like 60 seconds away) so it's great to live in.

BUT the Tech law school is literally on the other side of campus (Very big campus..) so it would probably take you 15-20 minutes to walk there from ULofts, or about the same if you took a campus bus.

So now if this has made you want to drive, your choice of apartments increases vastly. There are tons of places nearby if you are willing to drive to class.

Don't know anything about the lawschool community there so can't help you with that/can't really make a recommendation.

b.gump81

Bronze

Post by b.gump81 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 pm

lnh819 wrote:I really hate to revive such an old thread - I know that's bad internet etiquette - but I was wondering if any current Tech Law students could recommend an apartment complex. Right now, I'm looking at the ULofts. The places around Tech seem to fill up by February so I'd like to submit an initial application to at least one complex while I have some free time over Christmas. I'm 80% sure that I'm going to Tech so it seemed a good gamble to go ahead and secure housing. I'm guessing there isn't one particular place that's super-popular among the law students but any advice would be great! Thanks!
There aren't really any complexes within walking distance, but you could possibly find housing in Tech Terrace, which is across the street from the law school. Like the poster said above, your options increase if you drive. As for the most popular place for law students, I'd say it is The Edge because it is only available for grad students.

ULofts are ok because they are by some nice bars and stuff, but if I could give you one piece of advice about location, it would be to stay away from places overly saturated with undergrads. There is nothing more aggravating than when you're trying to sleep or study and the girls above you are jamming Ke$ha and having a dance party.

I have posted other information about living in Lubbock in either this thread or the one for 2011. PM me if you have any other specific questions, and I'd be more than happy to answer them the best I can. Same goes for any questions you may have about Tech Law. However, I will go ahead and let you know that I most likely wont respond until after finals, which end on the 7th for me.

Congrats on your acceptance and scholarship.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”