Texas Tech 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wallflower1987

New

Re: Texas Tech 2012

Post by wallflower1987 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I got waitlisted, so I withdrew. Wasn't high enough on my list to fight for a spot that I probably won't take anyway, and I already got into American and Brooklyn with a substantial scholarship. Not sure if that was because of my GPA or being out of state... I'm 2.81 and 167, so you never know I guess. Anyway good luck to those of you still waiting. P.S. I saw that on status checker Monday and got a letter today, but I already withdrew. Still never got an email. Use status checker... just one more way to occupy your time with law school applications! :D

ineptimusprime

Bronze

Post by ineptimusprime » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:59 pm

JackRussellLover wrote:Does anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook group, or anything like that? I'm pretty sure I will be going to Tech in the fall and couldn't find anything.. possibly a place to look for a roommate, etc?
I'm interested in knowing this as well. I guess we could always just start one, no?

MoreThanANumber

New

Post by MoreThanANumber » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I am going to Tech next year :D Paid my deposit and everything.

thedude1982

New

Post by thedude1982 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Hello all, just got accepted for summer entry program. I'm so happy and excited, My wife and I are from south Texas so moving to north/west Texas should be interesting. Good luck to everybody waiting to hear some news.

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 pm

I am posting in this thread in order to encourage all potential applicants to attend this school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:52 pm

MTal wrote:I am posting in this thread in order to encourage all potential applicants to attend this school.
??

sartorialsmitty

New

Post by sartorialsmitty » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:49 pm

mtyler19 wrote:
MTal wrote:I am posting in this thread in order to encourage all potential applicants to attend this school.
??

mtyler19, he's not serious. He posts all over the forum blasting TTT schools. If you're seriously considering Texas Tech, like I am, then just ignore him.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 pm

MTal failed out of Cooley and now blames every T3/4 for his failure.

wallflower1987

New

Post by wallflower1987 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 pm

You can go to his profile and add him as a foe, which will make your account automatically ignore his trolling. I have not used that, so I do not know if it works well, but he is worth finding out. As you will find.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wallflower1987

New

Post by wallflower1987 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:36 pm

wallflower1987 wrote:You can go to his profile and add him as a foe, which will make your account automatically ignore his trolling. I have not used that, so I do not know if it works well, but he is worth finding out. As you will find.
Update: it works.

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

sartorialsmitty wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:
??

mtyler19, he's not serious. He posts all over the forum blasting TTT schools. If you're seriously considering Texas Tech, like I am, then just ignore him.
Yeah I've seen some of his posting, just don't understand why he's doing this now. Don't really see Tech as the type of school he'd go after.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:11 am

mtyler19 wrote:
sartorialsmitty wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:
??

Yeah I've seen some of his posting, just don't understand why he's doing this now. Don't really see Tech as the type of school he'd go after.
He posts all over the forums blasting all law schools. He's just a class A troll.

sarahmargie

Bronze

Post by sarahmargie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am

Is this sarcasm? Or are you saying this bacause you assume a lot of us have full-ride scholarships and it would be a good idea to attend? I don't understand.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sartorialsmitty

New

Post by sartorialsmitty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Since no one has posted in awhile, let me just say that the anticipation of waiting to hear back from Tech is wearing me out. I feel like I'm checking for a status update every fifteen minutes. I would love to be there next year.

ineptimusprime

Bronze

Post by ineptimusprime » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 am

sartorialsmitty wrote:Since no one has posted in awhile, let me just say that the anticipation of waiting to hear back from Tech is wearing me out. I feel like I'm checking for a status update every fifteen minutes. I would love to be there next year.
With your stats, you're pretty much a shoe -in. I mean, If a moron like me got in....

Good luck!

thedude1982

New

Post by thedude1982 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
sartorialsmitty wrote:Since no one has posted in awhile, let me just say that the anticipation of waiting to hear back from Tech is wearing me out. I feel like I'm checking for a status update every fifteen minutes. I would love to be there next year.
With your stats, you're pretty much a shoe -in. I mean, If a moron like me got in....

Good luck!
I agree with ineptimusprime (that you're gonna get accepted, not that he's a moron :D ) I got in with an LSAT that was way lower than yours and my gpa was about the same. Lawschoolnumbers seems to be the most accurate in my opinion as to gauging whether or not you have a realistic shot at a school, at least it was in my situation. Good luck :) Also on a side not, ineptimusprime, thanks for being so encouraging to people, you wrote on a discussion that I started a while back and your insight was helpful, I find that it's rare that people try to do that on these forums...

ineptimusprime

Bronze

Post by ineptimusprime » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:35 pm

thedude1982 wrote: I agree with ineptimusprime (that you're gonna get accepted, not that he's a moron :D ) I got in with an LSAT that was way lower than yours and my gpa was about the same. Lawschoolnumbers seems to be the most accurate in my opinion as to gauging whether or not you have a realistic shot at a school, at least it was in my situation. Good luck :) Also on a side not, ineptimusprime, thanks for being so encouraging to people, you wrote on a discussion that I started a while back and your insight was helpful, I find that it's rare that people try to do that on these forums...
It's a pretty sad commentary on the dickishness that abounds on TLS when I'm getting praised simply for NOT being an asshole.

To the people that are going to Tech (or are pretty sure they're going) tell me why I should go to Tech over Nebraska. I know that's kinda broad, but shoot.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sartorialsmitty

New

Post by sartorialsmitty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 pm

I'd say go to Tech, but I don't have an objective reason for that. Just a Texas native plugging a Texas school. Objectively, which would be cheaper for you? In this economy, debt levels matter.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
thedude1982 wrote: I agree with ineptimusprime (that you're gonna get accepted, not that he's a moron :D ) I got in with an LSAT that was way lower than yours and my gpa was about the same. Lawschoolnumbers seems to be the most accurate in my opinion as to gauging whether or not you have a realistic shot at a school, at least it was in my situation. Good luck :) Also on a side not, ineptimusprime, thanks for being so encouraging to people, you wrote on a discussion that I started a while back and your insight was helpful, I find that it's rare that people try to do that on these forums...
It's a pretty sad commentary on the dickishness that abounds on TLS when I'm getting praised simply for NOT being an asshole.

To the people that are going to Tech (or are pretty sure they're going) tell me why I should go to Tech over Nebraska. I know that's kinda broad, but shoot.
Where do you want to practice, where do you have scholarships, for how much, instate tuition and how ok are you with some debt?

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Officially dinged today :(

Prospecta8571

New

Post by Prospecta8571 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:Officially dinged today :(
I wish I could give you my place on the WL. I was a bit shocked that they put me on it in the first place, and honestly I think it is Nature telling me to not waste three years of my life in Lubbock. The only thing that people at Tech talk to me about is how they now have a PEI WEI ANDOMGISNTTHATEXCITING. I will be withdrawing my app. The law school itself does look nice, and good luck to all of those attending! It just is not for me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Prospecta8571 wrote:
I wish I could give you my place on the WL. I was a bit shocked that they put me on it in the first place, and honestly I think it is Nature telling me to not waste three years of my life in Lubbock. The only thing that people at Tech talk to me about is how they now have a PEI WEI ANDOMGISNTTHATEXCITING. I will be withdrawing my app. The law school itself does look nice, and good luck to all of those attending! It just is not for me.
I'm thinking their class is pretty much set since they WLed you and straight up rejected me. Maybe it's for the best. I'm thinking of attending STCL or St. Mary's and hopefully get into a better school via transfer. My GPA is low, but there isn't much I can do about that now. I CAN however, do well in whatever school I land in and transfer up.

sartorialsmitty

New

Post by sartorialsmitty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:
Prospecta8571 wrote:
I'm thinking their class is pretty much set since they WLed you and straight up rejected me. Maybe it's for the best. I'm thinking of attending STCL or St. Mary's and hopefully get into a better school via transfer. My GPA is low, but there isn't much I can do about that now. I CAN however, do well in whatever school I land in and transfer up.

I hope you're wrong...they haven't let me in yet.

b.gump81

Bronze

Post by b.gump81 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Bluewavesix wrote: I'm thinking their class is pretty much set since they WLed you and straight up rejected me. Maybe it's for the best. I'm thinking of attending STCL or St. Mary's and hopefully get into a better school via transfer. My GPA is low, but there isn't much I can do about that now. I CAN however, do well in whatever school I land in and transfer up.
Sorry to hear. But I would advise against going to a school with the intention of transferring. Assume you will be median and not able to leave the school you attend. If you wouldn't be happy with that, then I would strongly advise a retake and try again next cycle. Just my two cents

b.gump81

Bronze

Post by b.gump81 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Prospecta8571 wrote:
I didn't even know we had a pei wei here. I'll need to check that out. And sorry to hear about the wait list. I would say it might possibly be YP (not too sure though) and that a loci would get you in, but it doesn't sound like you have any continuing interest. But I do want to say thank you for withdrawing. It was really frustrating during my cycle when people would sit on the wait list when they had no real intention of attending. I know people will appreciate that

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”