Texas Tech 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MoreThanANumber

New

Re: Texas Tech 2012

Post by MoreThanANumber » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am

Bluewavesix wrote:
MoreThanANumber wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:Everyone is already talking about moving to Lubbock, and I'm still UR :?
I feel left out.
Don’t feel bad. I applied October 4th, was held, and I am still waiting on a decision. I am from Lubbock and I love Tech. I wish I had chosen the early decision option. Hopefully a decision will come soon.
Well a long wait is good right? At least they are strongly considering everything that I put into my application. I really hope I find out this week!
Same! Good luck!

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 am

MoreThanANumber wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:
MoreThanANumber wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:Everyone is already talking about moving to Lubbock, and I'm still UR :?
I feel left out.
Don’t feel bad. I applied October 4th, was held, and I am still waiting on a decision. I am from Lubbock and I love Tech. I wish I had chosen the early decision option. Hopefully a decision will come soon.
Well a long wait is good right? At least they are strongly considering everything that I put into my application. I really hope I find out this week!
Same! Good luck!
Good luck to you as well! I'm crossing my fingers for good news tomorrow!

dems87

New

Post by dems87 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 am

MoreThanANumber wrote:
I feel left out.
I applied ED on 11/14 but I also registered to retake lsat in Dec. Well, they decided to place me on hold 12/16 and I haven't heard anything since. I guess my point is you're not alone. Good luck to both of you!

kjames511

New

Post by kjames511 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:03 am

In with 158/3.89 but no scholarship $$$. Should this be expected? I thought I would get at least something

b.gump81

Bronze

Post by b.gump81 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:28 am

kjames511 wrote:In with 158/3.89 but no scholarship $$$. Should this be expected? I thought I would get at least something
Definitely not expected. I'd say that scholarship info may be on its way (but someone applying this cycle will be better able to tell you). If not, definitely talk to dean perez and let them know you are interested and what kind of scholarship it would take for you to attend. Texas public schools got hit pretty hard a couple years ago with the state budget cuts, so I would think that is the reason for some of this. Good luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:28 am

kjames511 wrote:In with 158/3.89 but no scholarship $$$. Should this be expected? I thought I would get at least something
If you just got the acceptance e-mail this morning then I would wait a bit. The scholarship e-mail usually comes a bit later, mine came the next day.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 pm

My status checker just changed today to "Decision Rendered." I haven't gotten an email, so I'm hoping that I didn't get dinged :cry: . Can anyone provide any insight?

broski

New

Post by broski » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:My status checker just changed today to "Decision Rendered." I haven't gotten an email, so I'm hoping that I didn't get dinged :cry: . Can anyone provide any insight?
Give it an hour or two and you'll get an email.
Hope you get some good news.

MoreThanANumber

New

Post by MoreThanANumber » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:My status checker just changed today to "Decision Rendered." I haven't gotten an email, so I'm hoping that I didn't get dinged :cry: . Can anyone provide any insight?
Oh my gosh, same here!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:00 pm

broski wrote: Hope you get some good news.
Unfortunately, this is the first time I checked (12:30 CST), so I don't know exactly how long ago it changed. Do you get an email for WL/ding?

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

MoreThanANumber wrote:
Grrr... this is worse than the wait! Can I call? DECISION NOW PLZ. JK...

MoreThanANumber

New

Post by MoreThanANumber » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:
MoreThanANumber wrote:
Hey, I just noticed that the seat deposit section has updated... has yours??

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 pm

MoreThanANumber wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:
MoreThanANumber wrote:
Hey, I just noticed that the seat deposit section has updated... has yours??
Mine did that right before I got the acceptance e-mail.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 pm

No :( . My seat deposit hasn't changed. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I'll know by the end of the day I guess. I'm going to lunch and hope for an update.

dems87

New

Post by dems87 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:53 pm

just got WLed...did not see that coming, haha

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:19 pm

dems87 wrote:just got WLed...did not see that coming, haha
How did you find out? Via status checker, or email? Mine still just says decion made, no seat deposit changes, no email. Time is kinda running out. I'm wondering if I got dinged. I wish they would just put it up on the status checker.

dems87

New

Post by dems87 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:
How did you find out? Via status checker, or email? Mine still just says decion made, no seat deposit changes, no email. Time is kinda running out. I'm wondering if I got dinged. I wish they would just put it up on the status checker.
Found out via status checker. I know of at least a few schools who don't ever put seat deposit info in status checker even if you are admitted (though I'm not sure if tech is one of them). Haha, I hate it when schools just tell you "decision made/rendered" and then make you wait until it actually arrives via snail mail...it's so unnecessarily stressful!

Anyway, good luck, hope you find out soon!

edit: probably should have read a few of the above posts before bringing up seat deposit info

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:09 pm

dems87 wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:
Found out via status checker. I know of at least a few schools who don't ever put seat deposit info in status checker even if you are admitted (though I'm not sure if tech is one of them). Haha, I hate it when schools just tell you "decision made/rendered" and then make you wait until it actually arrives via snail mail...it's so unnecessarily stressful!

edit: probably should have read a few of the above posts before bringing up seat deposit info
It's alright. It looks like I got dinged =\ Otherwise, I would have gotten something by now. I wish it just straight out told me. If it updates to accepted/WL, the absence of an update seems to be a ding.

dems87

New

Post by dems87 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:It's alright. It looks like I got dinged =\ Otherwise, I would have gotten something by now. I wish it just straight out told me. If it updates to accepted/WL, the absence of an update seems to be a ding.
If it helps I still haven't gotten an email from them saying I was WLed

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:46 pm

dems87 wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:It's alright. It looks like I got dinged =\ Otherwise, I would have gotten something by now. I wish it just straight out told me. If it updates to accepted/WL, the absence of an update seems to be a ding.
I'll just need to wait it out. No use in whining. Tech just became my top school unexpectedly. This thread is full of really great people. I'll cross my fingers and just hope for the best. Maybe someone just forgot to update my status checker 8)

TxRenegade2012

New

Post by TxRenegade2012 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:56 am

Bluewavesix wrote:
dems87 wrote:
I'll just need to wait it out. No use in whining. Tech just became my top school unexpectedly. This thread is full of really great people. I'll cross my fingers and just hope for the best. Maybe someone just forgot to update my status checker 8)
Blue wave I've noticed we're applying to a lot of the same schools. If you don't mind me asking where'd you do your undergrad and grow up

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TxRenegade2012

New

Post by TxRenegade2012 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 am

dems87 wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:

I was in the same boat till I got pulled off. Tech just seems to have a strange way of doiń things. Only way I found out was drunkenly checking the status checker deal.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 am

TxRenegade2012 wrote:
I was in the same boat till I got pulled off. Tech just seems to have a strange way of doiń things. Only way I found out was drunkenly checking the status checker deal.
What do you mean by pulled off? Taken off wait list or dinged?

dems87

New

Post by dems87 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 am

TxRenegade2012 wrote:Only way I found out was drunkenly checking the status checker deal.
haha, yea I've had a few of those!

See you went to A&M, i was at Baylor for two years...apparently we're rivals, haha. You decided on a LS yet?

JackRussellLover

New

Post by JackRussellLover » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook group, or anything like that? I'm pretty sure I will be going to Tech in the fall and couldn't find anything.. possibly a place to look for a roommate, etc?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”