FSU c/o 2015 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ili22

New

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Post by Ili22 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I guess they were all rejection letters :(

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I doubt they had the chance to adequately review the applications.

Tarheel19932005

New

Post by Tarheel19932005 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 pm

I haven't posted on this forum in a very long time, and just wanted to update!

I just put my seat deposit down a few weeks ago, and I plan to move to Tallahassee in early August! I currently live in the Metro Detroit area and I'm very excited about attending FSU for law school, and also about relocating to Florida.

Anyone else on this forum making a move similar to mine?

MichNole19

New

Post by MichNole19 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Tarheel19932005 wrote:I haven't posted on this forum in a very long time, and just wanted to update!

I just put my seat deposit down a few weeks ago, and I plan to move to Tallahassee in early August! I currently live in the Metro Detroit area and I'm very excited about attending FSU for law school, and also about relocating to Florida.

Anyone else on this forum making a move similar to mine?
I made that same move for undergrad, Livonia to Tallahassee. Make sure you change all your tags, liscense ASAP if your hoping for instate as a 2L.

Dream Machine

Bronze

Post by Dream Machine » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Anyone accepted in the fall hear anything about merit-based aid? I'm assuming it's all been disbursed. Oh well...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tarheel19932005

New

Post by Tarheel19932005 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 am

[/quote]

I made that same move for undergrad, Livonia to Tallahassee. Make sure you change all your tags, liscense ASAP if your hoping for instate as a 2L.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Classes begin on August 27, and I actually planned on making the move August 15. If I were to get everything done by, say, August 18, would I be cutting it too close? I understand from the reclassification materials that all of the documents (i.e. license, tags, address and voting registration) must all be dated 12 months prior to the commencement of 2L classes. I can't imagine classes starting any earlier than August 24 for the following year, so I just figured I'd be okay, but I'm a little worried now based on your comment. The other part that worried me was early registration for the FL bar. Should I get the wheels rolling on that one already? I imagine that process is a long one.

If you wouldn't mind getting back to me on those things, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!

(Also, how was that move for you from Livonia to Tallahassee? I live in GP Woods now, but lived in Royal Oak for two years just prior to coming to the east side. I'd love to know how the adjustment was for you.)

thriceman

New

Post by thriceman » Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?

Midorie16

New

Post by Midorie16 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 am

Got accepted off the waitlist last Tuesday, putting the seat deposit down today. Anyone from UCF?? I'll be visiting campus on July 12 and looking for apartments. Go 'Noles!

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 pm

thriceman wrote:Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?
Hey! Congratulations! In all likelihood, you will be scheduled for morning classes, so parking actually shouldn't be a huge deal at 8-9 AM. However, it's true that a lot of people live in the apartments around the law school. They are definitely convenient, but old, small, and overpriced. The best deal is probably Parkwood apartments! One of my friends lives there and pays roughly $500/month.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

leefair123

Bronze

Post by leefair123 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm

minuit wrote:
thriceman wrote:Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?
Hey! Congratulations! In all likelihood, you will be scheduled for morning classes, so parking actually shouldn't be a huge deal at 8-9 AM. However, it's true that a lot of people live in the apartments around the law school. They are definitely convenient, but old, small, and overpriced. The best deal is probably Parkwood apartments! One of my friends lives there and pays roughly $500/month.
the earliest class they have this year is 11 am I believe no 8 ams according to the course catalog unless it changed

leefair123

Bronze

Post by leefair123 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

leefair123 wrote:
minuit wrote:
the earliest class they have this year is 11 am I believe no 8 ams according to the course catalog unless it changed
http://www.law.fsu.edu/academic_program ... yclass.pdf

never mind they have some 9:30s

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 pm

I envy the fact that you 1Ls don't get stuck with 8 AMs like we did. ENVY.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 pm

leefair123 wrote:
leefair123 wrote:
minuit wrote:
http://www.law.fsu.edu/academic_program ... yclass.pdf

never mind they have some 9:30s
Bless wrote:I envy the fact that you 1Ls don't get stuck with 8 AMs like we did. ENVY.
WUT?! My QoL would've been so much better at 9:30. New 1Ls should count their blessings lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jeml1763

New

Post by jeml1763 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:58 pm

pret wrote:I highly doubt they'll be calling admitted students simply because it would be too arduous at this point. They haven't admitted anyone for months.

They still do my friend, I received mine yesterday...

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 pm

jeml1763 wrote:
pret wrote:I highly doubt they'll be calling admitted students simply because it would be too arduous at this point. They haven't admitted anyone for months.

They still do my friend, I received mine yesterday...
You do realize that comment is ~1 year old and that this is the 2015 thread, right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”