Help! Thinking About Reapplying... Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gsat

New

Help! Thinking About Reapplying...

Post by gsat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:29 pm

In at American, Rutgers, U of Oregon and waitlisted at Cornell. Am obviously really psyched about Cornell as that was my first choice even before I submitted all of my apps, but not so jazzed about the others. I really want to go to law school this fall and have taken my job as far as it can go, so I am really torn. I kind of have the feeling that my options will open up if I applied earlier in the cycle (submitted all my apps on 12/23/10). Any thoughts? PM me if you want my numbers.

Shammis

Bronze

Re: Help! Thinking About Reapplying...

Post by Shammis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:49 pm

If you have the time to spare, why not just ED somewhere and apply earlier next year? thats only if ure not in a rush. Is retaking the lsat a viable option? Any hope at bumping off the WL at Cornell?

gsat

New

Post by gsat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:03 pm

jstubbs wrote:If you have the time to spare, why not just ED somewhere and apply earlier next year? thats only if ure not in a rush. Is retaking the lsat a viable option? Any hope at bumping off the WL at Cornell?
I guess I could retake the LSAT but it is definitely one of those things that I would rather not do again. ED sounds like a viable option, esp at Cornell. As far as getting off of the waitlist, I'm pretty sure I've done everything possible, including taking a red eye from San Francisco and driving 4 hours from JFK to Ithaca (only flight available that day) on the day of my interview. I might just be freaking out because its already July and I haven't received even a glimmer of hope that I'd get off the waitlist, but I feel as though I need to make a decision before I run out of options....

I will throw in that my company is more than ecstatic about the possibility of my staying, so at least I have certainty in that...

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:08 pm

If you already have a good job, then I'd say wait it out for Cornell or reapply if they dont come through. Im WL at my target school so I feel your pain, but we've all heard the stories about ppl being pulled well into August, so sit tight and see.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”