resume Update or LOCI Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kruiz88

Bronze

resume Update or LOCI

Post by kruiz88 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:27 pm

I am on reserve/WL for Columbia and NYU. I was chosen for a graduation award by my department faculty. I would like to notify the two schools. Should I do it through sending a updated resume or by composing a LOCI? Is it to late in the cycle to do either? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dumbledore

New

Re: resume Update or LOCI

Post by dumbledore » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

kruiz88 wrote:I am on reserve/WL for Columbia and NYU. I was chosen for a graduation award by my department faculty. I would like to notify the two schools. Should I do it through sending a updated resume or by composing a LOCI? Is it to late in the cycle to do either? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Unless you have additional information to also add to your resume, I think an LOCI would be most appropriate. However, if it were my decision I would try to get a faculty member to write a letter to the admissions committees. The faculty can brag about you all they want in the letter whereas you would need to be more careful about how you presented the new award in an LOCI. I think that would be a lot more convincing to a reader.

If you go that route then make sure the writer mentions how NYU/Columbia is your dream school and what you have been working towards since they've known you and they know you'll be successful for A, B, and C. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”