Advice Please!!!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Susan_Walid

Bronze

Advice Please!!!!!!

Post by Susan_Walid » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:41 am

Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

derivewhileyouderive

New

Re: Advice Please!!!!!!

Post by derivewhileyouderive » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 am

Susan_Walid wrote:Hey guys

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Retake it.

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 am

Buy better prep books and as many previous tests that you can afford.

Retake. You'd be wasting your GPA with that LSAT.

Susan_Walid

Bronze

Post by Susan_Walid » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I don't have aims for big law. Getting into any top 50-60 school would make me more than happy.....same advice?

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Even if you're aiming for a T2, you'd still want to retake to get some scholarship money. Afterall, if you aren't aiming for a biglaw job, it'll be harder to pay back the debt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Even with your race and soft factors a 152 probably wouldn't be good enough for any of those schools, with the exception of Baltimore. And if you are let in, you're putting yourself at a real disadvantage for very much scholarship money.

If you've worked all this time for that 3.5 why wouldn't you go the extra steps to score higher on the LSAT?

HWS08

Bronze

Post by HWS08 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:Hey guys

Seriously? I work full time and I managed to handle re-taking. I pulled my score up 5 points and got into what was originally a reach school for me. It's not that difficult. You might be able to get into some of the schools you mentioned, I guess you could apply, see how it goes, and then re-take the LSAT in 2012 if you have a terrible admissions cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”