Waitlist hope Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pacers3177

New

Waitlist hope

Post by pacers3177 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:29 pm

I realize there are already a few "I got off the wait list" threads floating around here but I thought I should start a new one given what has just happened to me.

I just got into IU-Bloomington today as an OOS student, non-URM with a 151 lsat. This is the same kid who got rejected from Mizzou and waitlisted at South Carolina.

I went into this cycle knowing I had a shot-in-hell of getting into IU with this score, but remained optimistic because you really never do know. I applied anyway and figured what the hell.

Now obviously my LSAT did not do me any favors but I did have some very strong things going for me. I attended IU for undergrad where I had an excellent track record and graduated with several academic awards. My LSAC GPA was a 3.94 and I had some good internship experiences the last two years. I also got offered direct-admit my junior year which I declined because I wanted to keep my options open.

My point in telling you all this is that for those of you still waiting on schools...don't give up hope (not to sound too much like Andy Dufrane). If I were to have posted my numbers back in the fall 98% of you would have shouted RETAKE or told me to quit dreaming. Odds were not in my favor, but obviously there is always a chance.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Re: Waitlist hope

Post by DocHawkeye » Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 pm

pacers3177 wrote:I realize there are already a few "I got off the wait list" threads floating around here but I thought I should start a new one given what has just happened to me.

I just got into IU-Bloomington today as an OOS student, non-URM with a 151 lsat. This is the same kid who got rejected from Mizzou and waitlisted at South Carolina.

I went into this cycle knowing I had a shot-in-hell of getting into IU with this score, but remained optimistic because you really never do know. I applied anyway and figured what the hell.

Now obviously my LSAT did not do me any favors but I did have some very strong things going for me. I attended IU for undergrad where I had an excellent track record and graduated with several academic awards. My LSAC GPA was a 3.94 and I had some good internship experiences the last two years. I also got offered direct-admit my junior year which I declined because I wanted to keep my options open.

My point in telling you all this is that for those of you still waiting on schools...don't give up hope (not to sound too much like Andy Dufrane). If I were to have posted my numbers back in the fall 98% of you would have shouted RETAKE or told me to quit dreaming. Odds were not in my favor, but obviously there is always a chance.
On the subject of Andy Dufrane, I kind of feel like I swam through a quarter mile of sewer pipe after this admissions cycle. Maybe not - I just got crapped on hardcore by Iowa.

puravidamae

New

Post by puravidamae » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 am

Thats awesome! Congratulations! I am currently studying for a Oct re-take but still hoping to get off of the University of Arizona waitlist (in-state) with a 154 3.9, this gives me a little bit of hope :)

Guy

New

Post by Guy » Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 am

retake

Intraining

Bronze

Post by Intraining » Thu May 19, 2011 1:02 am

Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu May 19, 2011 1:05 am

Guy wrote:retake
This is not funny.

OP - congratulations! Enjoy IUB!

Curry

Post by Curry » Thu May 19, 2011 1:06 am

Dany wrote: