question for people riding out waitlists Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
theturkeyisfat

Bronze

question for people riding out waitlists

Post by theturkeyisfat » Wed May 04, 2011 5:16 pm

when do you plan to sign a lease at the school where you paid a deposit?

ktg808

Bronze

Re: question for people riding out waitlists

Post by ktg808 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 pm

I plan to sign a lease. Don't want to be completely screwed. Plus I have a dog so I know my options will be further limited if I wait until the last minute.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

I want to sign a lease too, I do not know of any housing without it really. I wonder if July is too late.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:45 am

Prob July. A month before orientation is perfectly fine in terms of getting all the paperwork processed. The only issue might be finding a place but I've done this before for grad school and it was fine. Got a place right next to campus that's pretty sweet and it's not a college town.

dtl

Bronze

Post by dtl » Thu May 05, 2011 1:43 pm

I actually made a deal with a cute motel down the street from my accepted school for 35 bucks a night... I am not giving up on my UC Irvine waitlist until there is no hope left >:(

gjr8891

New

Post by gjr8891 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:25 am

dtl wrote:I actually made a deal with a cute motel down the street from my accepted school for 35 bucks a night... I am not giving up on my UC Irvine waitlist until there is no hope left >:(
That's impressive. Good luck getting into UC Irvine.

I will be signing a lease near my accepted school at the very end of July if I don't get off the OU waitlist before then. It feels a little risky to wait that long but I don't plan on living in an apartment or rent house that would normally be in high demand for students. I want something quiet and far from undergrads.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”