Wake or George Mason? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Wake or George Mason?

Wake Forest
73%
George Mason
27%

Total votes: 15

denny.crane

New

Wake or George Mason?

Post by denny.crane » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 am

OK, so scholarships worked out in such a way that both of these schools would be about the same price (10-15k per year). I think I like Mason's program better, but I prefer Wake's southern location. Help please?

YankeesFan

Silver

Re: Wake or George Mason?

Post by YankeesFan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 am

This was a big decision for me too. Ultimately it was a little easier beacuse I would have been paying OOS sticker to GM and got a scholly at Wake, but after visiting GM even if I had gotten a scholly I would not have gone. Its reputation around DC is to closely linked with its undergrad and while it is a Tier One school that is a recent development. Many in the legal field are still unsure of its reputation.

COL in Arlington is through the roof and it will porbably save you an extra 10,000 a year to live in WS.

I would choose Wake.

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 am

Where do you want to practice? If by "prefer Wake's southern location" you mean you want to practice in NC, then Wake is the best option, IMO. If you want to practice in D.C. or Virginia, go to GMU.

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 pm

After visiting and investigating, I will never feel comfortable recommending GMU to anyone. Go to Wake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”