Bizarre- In at Stetson. Waitlisted at Florida Coastal o_0 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
futurelawyerfl

New

Bizarre- In at Stetson. Waitlisted at Florida Coastal o_0

Post by futurelawyerfl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Bizarre- In at Stetson. Waitlisted at Florida Coastal o_0

Hello.

I just received my acceptance to Stetson Law yesterday. Still waiting on UF, FSU and FIU's decisions before my mind is made (I applied late).

However, I was waitilisted from Florida Coastal. Has anyone had this happen to them this cycle? A school ranked way below another school you applied to waitlisting you? Florida Coastal was one of my way backups anyway, so I just find this funny now. Sending them my withdrawal tomorrow.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Re: Bizarre- In at Stetson. Waitlisted at Florida Coastal o_0

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:34 pm

futurelawyerfl wrote:Bizarre- In at Stetson. Waitlisted at Florida Coastal o_0

Hello.

I just received my acceptance to Stetson Law yesterday. Still waiting on UF, FSU and FIU's decisions before my mind is made (I applied late).

However, I was waitilisted from Florida Coastal. Has anyone had this happen to them this cycle? A school ranked way below another school you applied to waitlisting you? Florida Coastal was one of my way backups anyway, so I just find this funny now. Sending them my withdrawal tomorrow.
Yeah it happens to most people at least once.

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Applying late definitely affects decisions. I got no money from lower-ranked school, which I was above the 75% in each category. But I got accepted to a lower T-1 in 3 weeks. I also got WL'ed at some lower-ranked schools, while being accepted into higher ranked ones. I think local ties was the cause of those decisions.

Good luck in the Florida region.

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Hello.

FL Coastal probably accepted more than enough people and couldn't accept you even if your within their range. They can't unaccept someone to take you in, and you did apply late.

P.S. Congratulations on your Stetson admit. I also applied late and got accepted to Stetson yesterday, though Im leaning towards FIU over Stetson due to the pricetag.

Im waiting on UF and to see if UM will take me off the waitlist. UM or FIU will be a tough choice...

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:55 pm

It's also possible that Florida Coastal assumes you won't attend since you're well above their numbers. They might have waitlisted you to see how interested you were really were.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

futurelawyerfl

New

Post by futurelawyerfl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 pm

hous wrote:

Hello.

FL Coastal probably accepted more than enough people and couldn't accept you even if your within their range. They can't unaccept someone to take you in, and you did apply late.

P.S. Congratulations on your Stetson admit. I also applied late and got accepted to Stetson yesterday, though Im leaning towards FIU over Stetson due to the pricetag.

Im waiting on UF and to see if UM will take me off the waitlist. UM or FIU will be a tough choice...
Seems like we're in the same boat. I didn't apply to UM due to the tuition price. Also, it dropping a few spots in the rankings is a bit curious. Good luck with your decisions. Really hoping on getting an acceptance to FIU (especially being from Miami and living about 20 minutes from campus), but with these late applications, you never know.

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:30 pm

futurelawyerfl wrote:
hous wrote:

Hello.

Seems like we're in the same boat. I didn't apply to UM due to the tuition price. Also, it dropping a few spots in the rankings is a bit curious. Good luck with your decisions. Really hoping on getting an acceptance to FIU (especially being from Miami and living about 20 minutes from campus), but with these late applications, you never know.
I also applied to FIU late so theres still hope. I live 35 minutes from Campus.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:12 pm

got into UGA, rejected at Georgia State.

Seminole_305

New

Post by Seminole_305 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Question when you get into a school how do you know you are a fall admit?
Last edited by Seminole_305 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Aaand, don't go to either. Unless Stetson gives you full tuition.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”