Anyone going to University of D.C 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lnllnl

Bronze

Re: Anyone going to University of D.C 2011

Post by lnllnl » Thu May 05, 2011 6:02 pm

save the world wrote:
lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:
Jessuf wrote:I was accepted (non-DC res), interested in public interest. I received a scholarship, but it's apparently only for the first year. I like the low cost of tuition even though I'm from out of the area, and the location is fantastic. For being T4, it has a really great mix of public interest clinics. However, I probably won't be going because of COL, T4 status, scholarship for only one year, and the employment data in the brochure that came with the acceptance letter scared me.
Yea the employment data was scary but I think that it was from 09 so I am going to contact the school and ask for 2010 data and maybe you should do the same. I also was awarded a scholarship for the first year from out of state, but after the first year the tutution does drop from 18k to 8k so that makes up for it. I am still up in the air also.
How long did it take for you guys to get your packet with all the info?
+1 - have yet to receive the acceptance packet and its been over a week since I was accepted...

I got my packet today. They want a deposit by the 12th...just a week to decide. Luckily I'm pretty sure already. No finaid news yet, but I got a small scholarship, which is OK given their tuition.

cgpoirier

New

Post by cgpoirier » Fri May 13, 2011 4:48 pm

How long did it take for a decision after your status changed to "your application is complete" on the online status??

My status just changed today. *nail biting*

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:20 pm

cgpoirier wrote:How long did it take for a decision after your status changed to "your application is complete" on the online status??

My status just changed today. *nail biting*
Mine changed back in January and I recieved my acceptance in April around the 1st or so.

cgpoirier

New

Post by cgpoirier » Fri May 13, 2011 8:21 pm

hmmm mine app has only been in since end of march..but it didn't change to complete until today...I have to imagine I'd hear soon..oh well.

Thanks!

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm

cgpoirier wrote:hmmm mine app has only been in since end of march..but it didn't change to complete until today...I have to imagine I'd hear soon..oh well.

Thanks!
Don't hesitate to call them. I wasted an additional month waiting. I called them the first time and they completed my app that day. The 2nd time I called them, I told them seat deposits were due soon at other schools and they gave me a decision in a week and a half.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cgpoirier

New

Post by cgpoirier » Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 pm

I touched base with them about a week ago and I think that's what pushed me towards at least being complete. Guess we'll see. I've been showing interest as often as I can. Fingers still crossed..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”