hbcu Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cwarrior57

New

hbcu

Post by Cwarrior57 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Just wondering peoples thoughts about Black Law Schools. Got accepted to Southern and FAMU but leaning toward Southern because of cost. Howard and NCCU said NO. :evil:

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Re: hbcu

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I have been told that FAMU is a risky choice, there was a thread that compared NCCU and FAMU and everyone almost unanimously voted for NCCU. I'll link the thread if I can find it.

Thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... U#p4133820

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 am

If you are really committed to going to a black school, reapply next year and go to Howard. It is the best of the schools available and does a pretty decent job of getting graduates into good jobs, especially giving its overall ranking as a T3.

However, I would suggest you skip this HBCU thing altogether and go to a good historically white school.

sunkissedesq

New

Post by sunkissedesq » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 am

cowgirl_bebop wrote:If you are really committed to going to a black school, reapply next year and go to Howard. It is the best of the schools available and does a pretty decent job of getting graduates into good jobs, especially giving its overall ranking as a T3.

However, I would suggest you skip this HBCU thing altogether and go to a good historically white school.
I would agree except for the skipping the HBCU thing and going to a historically white school. I would go to Howard over a lot of schools up until perhaps the Top 40 or 50. It's more national that most of the schools that are solidly a couple of tiers above it, has way more employers and definitely more opportunity if you do well there. And...it's CHEAP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”