Utah W/L; YP or deserved? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

W/L at Utah; Yield Protection or Rightfully so?

Yield Protection.
53%
You deserve it!
47%

Total votes: 15

JLJ

New

Utah W/L; YP or deserved?

Post by JLJ » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I was wait listed at the University of Utah. My numbers are 2.9 (3.4) and 168. I was admitted to Minnesota (the highest ranked school I applied to) w/ a $20k scholarship, so I was surprised to get the wait bomb.

What do you guys think?

SupraVln180

Silver

Re: Utah W/L; YP or deserved?

Post by SupraVln180 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Who cares, if you want to go to Utah, write a LOCI and if they let you off the waitlist rather quickly it was probably YP. If not, it was a deserved waitlist. Your GPA is low, so maybe they just are not as splitter friendly as Minnesota (who is known to be splitter friendly).

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Realize the game thats going on. If a school isnt interested in trying to improve their median lsat score your 168 isnt worth much to them, while they will have to eat your gpa. Minnesota, IUb, Emory, WUSTL, and others have a lot riding on their numbers for the race to the top of the rankings. Utah might not be so eager to eat your gpa for the sake of LSAT because at the end of the day they are still borderline T1/T2.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:36 pm

you probably deserved it. i was waitlisted at Hastings and given 25k/year at WUSTL. splittercycles FTW (not)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”