U. Of Florida "no decision" Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SixStrings11

Bronze

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Post by SixStrings11 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:56 pm

The one day I've spent waiting for my letter to arrive has felt longer than the entire half-year I was waiting in "no decision" limbo. So I definitely agree.. if it's a waitlist (which I'm expecting), I'm going to need to find a nice wall and/or tree to punch.

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:32 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:The one day I've spent waiting for my letter to arrive has felt longer than the entire half-year I was waiting in "no decision" limbo. So I definitely agree.. if it's a waitlist (which I'm expecting), I'm going to need to find a nice wall and/or tree to punch.
hang in there, sixstrings!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 pm

haoledugan wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:The one day I've spent waiting for my letter to arrive has felt longer than the entire half-year I was waiting in "no decision" limbo. So I definitely agree.. if it's a waitlist (which I'm expecting), I'm going to need to find a nice wall and/or tree to punch.
+1. The 162 who just got rejected does not increase my confidence. Dang it! haha.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 pm

alicrimson wrote:
haoledugan wrote:
+1. The 162 who just got rejected does not increase my confidence. Dang it! haha.
I've already begun my apartment search in Miami :cry: ..Still hoping for good news, though. I know everyone tries to play the "strong softs" card.. but I definitely think I've done some interesting/unique things that I hope UF looks at. I'm more than my mediocre LSAT.. you know? :roll:

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 pm

alicrimson wrote:
haoledugan wrote:
Wow, just saw that on LSN. Looking at LSN, I think I realize more than ever how fortunate I am. Compared to everyone else, I'm all the waaaaaay out there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:19 am

Aro5389 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
haoledugan wrote:
Wow, just saw that on LSN. Looking at LSN, I think I realize more than ever how fortunate I am. Compared to everyone else, I'm all the waaaaaay out there.
That's how I and another TLS user are with FSU;however, I'm hoping whatever little detail got me in there will attract UF too. Congrats though, Aro!

applicant135

New

Post by applicant135 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:54 am

hey all, does the seat deposit or orientation fee "due" number change after your letter has been issued if you got in?

orioles88

New

Post by orioles88 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

applicant135 wrote:hey all, does the seat deposit or orientation fee "due" number change after your letter has been issued if you got in?
I don't think so. What does yours say?

wbbguy

New

Post by wbbguy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 pm

applicant135 wrote:hey all, does the seat deposit or orientation fee "due" number change after your letter has been issued if you got in?
I think I see what you're asking..Like, if you were accepted, does the 'amount due' change from 0 to an amount? It would make sense logically for that to be the case with those accepted (acceptance letter on the way, perhaps they switch the orientation fee from 0 to how much is due). I hope not because mine still says 0!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

applicant135

New

Post by applicant135 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 pm

haha exactly and mine still says 0 aswell so i hope that it doesnt mean anything

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:21 pm

I don't think that's an indicator. No one so far has noted it as changing.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:53 am

Waitlisted. Might be ready to just move on.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Waitlisted but really not too upset. I thought I'd be more bummed out? Oh well. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait this out or just go to FSU. Either way, a good situation. UF would have definitely been better but its not like FSU is that far off the mark. I'll probably send my form in today. Good luck to those still waiting and those on the waitlist.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mattfl88

Bronze

Post by Mattfl88 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:32 pm

I didn't get my letter today but I assume it is going to be a WL from what everyone else has said. Still holding out hope though.

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 pm

alicrimson wrote:Waitlisted but really not too upset. I thought I'd be more bummed out? Oh well. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait this out or just go to FSU. Either way, a good situation. UF would have definitely been better but its not like FSU is that far off the mark. I'll probably send my form in today. Good luck to those still waiting and those on the waitlist.
Wow I thought you'd for sure get in, especially because are numbers are almost EXACTLY the same! I think perhaps I was maybe one of the last they admitted and you might be around the top of the waitlist. Glad to hear you're not too bummed, I think you'll get off the waitlist and hopefully soon :)

To Ali, SixStrings, and the rest of you guys, I'm pulling for you guys to get in and hope to hear you guys reporting back to us soon that you're off the waitlist! :)

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Aro5389 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:Waitlisted but really not too upset. I thought I'd be more bummed out? Oh well. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait this out or just go to FSU. Either way, a good situation. UF would have definitely been better but its not like FSU is that far off the mark. I'll probably send my form in today. Good luck to those still waiting and those on the waitlist.
To Ali, SixStrings, and the rest of you guys, I'm pulling for you guys to get in and hope to hear you guys reporting back to us soon that you're off the waitlist! :)
+1. I think you guys are near the top of the waitlistas well. Hoping the best!

cmbraden

New

Post by cmbraden » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 pm

interesting thread...i just spent the last 10 minutes catching up on the last 11 pages.

i received my WL letter on wednesday, but i was also told that admissions is still compiling their WL. the first batch of WL went out this week, so chances are everyone who received one is high on the WL.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am

cmbraden wrote:interesting thread...i just spent the last 10 minutes catching up on the last 11 pages.

i received my WL letter on wednesday, but i was also told that admissions is still compiling their WL. the first batch of WL went out this week, so chances are everyone who received one is high on the WL.
Here's hoping :D I'm surprisingly not too bummed about not getting in. At this point if it happens great, if not still great. lol.

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:46 am

alicrimson wrote:
cmbraden wrote:interesting thread...i just spent the last 10 minutes catching up on the last 11 pages.

Here's hoping :D I'm surprisingly not too bummed about not getting in. At this point if it happens great, if not still great. lol.
Ali just curious, are you from Florida and go to Bama?

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:01 pm

alicrimson wrote:

My sentiments exactly. I'm certainly not waiting until mid-August though. If I don't hear anything by June 1st then that's pretty much it for me. But I think I'll wait it out to that point.

rivkah

New

Post by rivkah » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:39 pm

waitlisted :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sir Pink

New

Post by Sir Pink » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Last edited by Sir Pink on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 am

Officially mailed my waitlist form. Let the wait continue.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”