2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
noncontributingzero

New

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by noncontributingzero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Emma1 wrote:
Perch wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:Looks like no love for us sub-170 folk. I wonder if that's all she wrote for open seats after the second deposit...
Unfortunately that would make sense, right?
They have taken plenty of splitters with sub 170.
I meant for this round. Have a few (non-URM) sub-170s made it off of the waitlist?

Light

Bronze

Post by Light » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 pm

I made it off the waitlist very early in like April, and I have a 167. I'm not considered a URM.

rachelkatelyn

New

Post by rachelkatelyn » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I was also accepted off the waitlist in April with a 168 and am not a URM.
Light wrote:I made it off the waitlist very early in like April, and I have a 167. I'm not considered a URM.

tguk53

New

Post by tguk53 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 pm

rachelkatelyn wrote:I was also accepted off the waitlist in April with a 168 and am not a URM.
Light wrote:I made it off the waitlist very early in like April, and I have a 167. I'm not considered a URM.
+1, here. I was pulled off the PWL in the first week of April and I have a 166/3.78 and not a URM.

LSATurday

New

Post by LSATurday » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:11 am

In today. I was reg wait list but got those teasing emails. 3.3/173.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

840e

New

Post by 840e » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 am

Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 am

840e wrote:Huge congrats to those who got in! Amazing accomplishment...

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?
I was originally SPWL. I got all of the emails from Andy, and I did not get in yesterday.

j12

Bronze

Post by j12 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:47 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?
I was originally SPWL. I got all of the emails from Andy, and I did not get in yesterday.
+1

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:47 am

j12bash wrote:

+1
Damn. Did you continually send in LOCI? Or was it radio silence?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

planQ

Bronze

Post by planQ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:33 pm

I did not get in with the PWL all the andy letters up until the last Sophia letter.

Had sent in LOCI's/Emails.

j12

Bronze

Post by j12 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:06 pm

egirarde wrote:
j12bash wrote:

+1
Damn. Did you continually send in LOCI? Or was it radio silence?
I think I sent 1 LOCI besides replying to all of the emails. I didn't reply to the last email for two days though, so I don't know if that came into play maybe?

jcdc

New

Post by jcdc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 am

Was anyone who got in on Friday (or recently) PT? Or is this just FT waitlist movement?

grifter1910

New

Post by grifter1910 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:18 pm

jcdc wrote:Was anyone who got in on Friday (or recently) PT? Or is this just FT waitlist movement?
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been FT all along.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Just received another no news update.

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?

2011Cycle

Bronze

Post by 2011Cycle » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Perch wrote:Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?
+1
w/July12th as the next face palm moment

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 am

2011Cycle wrote:
Perch wrote:Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?
+1
Wow, sounds like it is over for people who got that update! I presume they are saying you wont get another update until July? Someone want to put up the wording?
Last edited by Emma1 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

planQ

Bronze

Post by planQ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:04 am

Any one care to speculate about the fates of those who were told of a June10th update date?

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:09 am

My guess based on reading last years posts is that they will be given a later date as well. Unless you hear by Friday I think it is basically over!

jcdc

New

Post by jcdc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:10 am

Emma1 wrote:
2011Cycle wrote:
+1
Wow, sounds like it is over for people who got that update!
You think? Did all the applicants who got this June 6th update get the Andy email last time, not the Sophia one? I thought the Andy batch was in a better spot.

I interpret the July 12th date as meaning that the class is full and they're not going to have any more mass releases like they did on Friday. I bet they'll just let a few in as spots open up.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:15 am

jcdc wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
2011Cycle wrote:
+1
Wow, sounds like it is over for people who got that update!
You think? Did all the applicants who got this June 6th update get the Andy email last time, not the Sophia one? I thought the Andy batch was in a better spot.

I interpret the July 12th date as meaning that the class is full and they're not going to have any more mass releases like they did on Friday. I bet they'll just let a few in as spots open up.
That's my read on it

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 am

Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am

loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?
I haven't received anything, I guess they didn't like the money or STFU response

j12

Bronze

Post by j12 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:43 am

loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
This is what I got, interpreted it the same way.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am

loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

Well sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keeping this group informed without promising that there will be openings. This lets people make their own decision as to how long they can hold on.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
Sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keep this group updated without promising that a seat will open up. It lets students decide how long they can hold on before making rental committments elsewhere.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”