Reserve-Columbia 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bandits58

New

Reserve-Columbia 2011

Post by bandits58 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:48 pm

because reserve is way cooler than waitlist and we all need a room to rejoice/vent for the next few months as our apps sit in the loving embrace of the CLS staff

Tursion

New

Re: Reserve-Columbia 2011

Post by Tursion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 am

Someone pleaseeee answer, I've been trying to figure this out everywhere. I got put on the reserve list at Columbia, and want to send both a LOCI and a letter of rec or two. Do we just have the recommender send it via their own email address? Or do we have to go through the LSAC process of submitting another LOR form again? The only reason I ask is because the latter is going to be a bit hard because I'm currently in Afghanistan.

djfe4president

New

Post by djfe4president » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

ask columbia

mikunta

New

Post by mikunta » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:51 am

Also on reserve. Major bummer. How long are people planning on sticking around to hear back? I've heard they have three rounds of reserve decisions that go all the way into august/literally right before classes start.

matts_14

New

Post by matts_14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Got put on the reserve today. Went and looked through last year's reserve thread, and it doesn't look like anyone from TLS got in off the list. That being said, it also seems like a lot of the top schools way over-enrolled, and could barely touch their waitlists, if at all. Hopefully this year they learned their lesson.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mikunta

New

Post by mikunta » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Yeah, last year's TLS results are not encouraging. Not gonna get my hopes up but you never know what can happen. I wonder how many people they put in reserve this year. 300 or 400? More?

georges2

New

Post by georges2 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm

I tried to confirm my spot on the reserve list today, after i provide the information exactly the same way i did on the application, i get a message saying "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database"
Anyone else having the same problem?

happyfeet

New

Post by happyfeet » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:40 pm

joining the fun. this is my second year riding columbia's reserve - made it to third reserve last year and hoping that i'll get luckier this time around. hopefully they were much more cautious about their acceptance numbers this year so that there will actually be some movement from reserve...

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:44 pm

georges2 wrote:I tried to confirm my spot on the reserve list today, after i provide the information exactly the same way i did on the application, i get a message saying "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database"
Yep, this just happened to me. I'm gonna try back again in a few days but otherwise I'll email them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pfla

New

Post by pfla » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:19 am

happyfeet wrote:joining the fun. this is my second year riding columbia's reserve - made it to third reserve last year and hoping that i'll get luckier this time around. hopefully they were much more cautious about their acceptance numbers this year so that there will actually be some movement from reserve...
How long did it take to make it to third reserve?

justhoping

Bronze

Post by justhoping » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:54 am

sgtgrumbles wrote:
georges2 wrote:I tried to confirm my spot on the reserve list today, after i provide the information exactly the same way i did on the application, i get a message saying "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database"
Yep, this just happened to me. I'm gonna try back again in a few days but otherwise I'll email them.
oh good lord i think I forgot to confirm my spot on reserve!!!! :(
ah well, not like i have a shot

happyfeet

New

Post by happyfeet » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:47 pm

pfla wrote:
happyfeet wrote:joining the fun. this is my second year riding columbia's reserve - made it to third reserve last year and hoping that i'll get luckier this time around. hopefully they were much more cautious about their acceptance numbers this year so that there will actually be some movement from reserve...
in terms of last year (from what i remember) - we got letters in june that were either a second reserve or a ding, then in july, those who had been put on second reserve got letters that were either third reserve or ding, and then in august, basically a few days before orientation, all of those who were left on third reserve got the ding.

happyfeet

New

Post by happyfeet » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:55 pm

i should add that while some might think this process seems like a nightmare i actually appreciated it. it made me feel that columbia was continuously reviewing the reserve applications throughout the summer - not like some other schools where i was waitlisted and didn't here a peep between april and august. i'm convinced that my application was somewhere in a corner collecting dust at those places. riding out a waitlist can definitely be a roller coaster of emotions and i respect schools that regularly try to make sure they aren't stringing along to many hundreds folks unnecessarily.
happyfeet wrote:
pfla wrote:
in terms of last year (from what i remember) - we got letters in june that were either a second reserve or a ding, then in july, those who had been put on second reserve got letters that were either third reserve or ding, and then in august, basically a few days before orientation, all of those who were left on third reserve got the ding.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Checking in. Would like to follow this thread through the summer, but will def. not get my hopes up.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:42 pm

jrose5 wrote:Checking in. Would like to follow this thread through the summer, but will def. not get my hopes up.

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Since they don't grant interviews, do you guys know if visiting the campus will help me in any way? I've heard of a sign-in sheet somewhere... I wonder if they cross-check this sheet with the reserve list?

Any input would be helpful.

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Like many others I received the missing record error message on the online Reserve form. I called admissions and they told me they were aware of the problem and working to resolve it, but that I could send an email asking to remain in the Reserve group. Just wanted to let you all know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nadopretz

Bronze

Post by nadopretz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi! Joining the group. Excited to ride this out. Going to GULC for the moment, but happy to move up to NYC at a moment's notice if need be.

serdog

Bronze

Post by serdog » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Reserve Group, currently attending UVIC in Canada but we shall see how Columbia pans out.

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Joining in on the fun. Not a lot of hope, but fingers crossed.

rocktower3

Bronze

Post by rocktower3 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 am

jrose5 wrote:Since they don't grant interviews, do you guys know if visiting the campus will help me in any way? I've heard of a sign-in sheet somewhere... I wonder if they cross-check this sheet with the reserve list?

Any input would be helpful.
I visited, mostly so I could have something to write about besides 'aren't I great' in my LOCI. They do have a sign in sheet in the admissions office where you get your map and self-guided tour. You can check whether or not you're a current applicant, but I'm not sure if they use that info in any way.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 am

+1. Exactly the same path - rode the reserve until third wave and then reserve again this year.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 am

tag----------please oh please CLS

mabad

New

Post by mabad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi everybody! Just checking in, another reserve here!!

rocktower3

Bronze

Post by rocktower3 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 pm

mabad wrote:Hi everybody! Just checking in, another reserve here!!
Hey there, welcome to the party!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”