Status Checker OCD?? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sandro

Gold

Re: Status Checker OCD??

Post by Sandro » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

RCS wrote:
Sandro wrote:Just a word of warning for all you OCD status checkers - DONT STOP CHECKING! I gave myself a good 5-6 hour break last tuesday and got into my #1 choice via status checker - ONLY I DIDNT KNOW UNTIL 1am!!!!! It was terrible.
Not to confuse causation and correlation, but doesn't this suggest that more people should take 5-6 hour breaks? It worked out excellently for you.
Wrong. If I would have known at 5-7pm EST that I got in Trivia night would have been a lot more fun.

amers73

Bronze

Post by amers73 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:47 pm

ilovesf wrote:
+1000. My top choice doesn't have a status checker and I keep wondering if I've been under review or what.

Aside from that, I've been OCD with my status checkers since late October.. I was on vacation with no internet for two weeks and it was actually amazing not to have the burden of constantly checking online. As soon as I got back though I was up to my old antics. I also found out I got into two schools via status checkers, so I have some faith in them.
Same, for the most part I've heard back from the schools with status checkers, now I'm waiting on the schools that don't have them, including my #1 choice.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm about to start my 2nd check cycle today.

it's nice to have a routine... or a complusion... depending who you ask. :D

learning that you can get acceptances via only status checker has not helped. Thats like putting extra nicotine in just one cigarette in the pack.

agora139

Bronze

Post by agora139 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Sandro wrote:Just a word of warning for all you OCD status checkers - DONT STOP CHECKING! I gave myself a good 5-6 hour break last tuesday and got into my #1 choice via status checker - ONLY I DIDNT KNOW UNTIL 1am!!!!! It was terrible.
similar situation, but TLS is more of a problem for me. i blocked TLS on my computer for a day after weeks of no movement in the 15 schools im still waitig to hear from, and of course that day i logged into michigan's ASW.

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:32 pm

girlonfire wrote:I'm about to start my 2nd check cycle today.

learning that you can get acceptances via only status checker has not helped. Thats like putting extra nicotine in just one cigarette in the pack.
only your 2nd round? I do a round of TLS refresh and statush checks every 30mins (my job is really boring so that might be a contributing factor).
I said it once and I'll say it again: I believe that the more you refresh the faster the status checker will change

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cr1stina

New

Post by cr1stina » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 pm

gin wrote:
only your 2nd round? I do a round of TLS refresh and statush checks every 30mins (my job is really boring so that might be a contributing factor).
I said it once and I'll say it again: I believe that the more you refresh the faster the status checker will change
Ahh, I hope you're right, I'm in exactly the same boat.

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:44 am

Now I'm checking the statuses of the schools I've already been admitted to, just to experience that glorious relief again. It feels so cool to say, "I'm not going to be attending Cooley or Golden Gate or People's School of Law."

Thank you, WUSTL, for making my night.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:10 am

This is me. Bookmarked and ready to open in all tabs. Also, I've found that Stanford's and Cornell's have to be added to bookmarks folder by taking the link in the email and DRAGGING it to the bookmark folder. It would give me an error if I just clicked the link an added it to bookmarks. Additionally, Stanford has to be first because if you use the status checker from another school before Stanford's, Stanford's will turn into that other school's status checker if you try to log in.

OCD FTW. HTH :mrgreen:

Top14Hope

Bronze

Post by Top14Hope » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 am

Most cigarettes already have as much nicotine as your body can absorb, if you were to smoke it efficiently. An average cigarette yields about 1-3 mg of absorbed nicotine, although you will see a much higher dosage often stated on the packaging, normally a range of 10-15 mg. DON'T SMOKE!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

timmah427

New

Post by timmah427 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:07 am

northwood wrote:It took all I had not to open the package in the middle of the street!
I have definitely done this...

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 am

I would be checking compulsively right now, but I live in the wrong time zone.

peterb0y

Bronze

Post by peterb0y » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 am

Totally the opposite, to be honest- haven't checked a single status, just letting the decisions come as they will. Its worked out well so far, I think everyone should try it.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:48 am

Top14Hope wrote:

Most cigarettes already have as much nicotine as your body can absorb, if you were to smoke it efficiently. An average cigarette yields about 1-3 mg of absorbed nicotine, although you will see a much higher dosage often stated on the packaging, normally a range of 10-15 mg. DON'T SMOKE!
I'm not really a smoker- but thanks for the info 8)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 am

Gotti wrote:This is me. Bookmarked and ready to open in all tabs. Also, I've found that Stanford's and Cornell's have to be added to bookmarks folder by taking the link in the email and DRAGGING it to the bookmark folder. It would give me an error if I just clicked the link an added it to bookmarks. Additionally, Stanford has to be first because if you use the status checker from another school before Stanford's, Stanford's will turn into that other school's status checker if you try to log in.

For obvious reasons :D .

Also, this did help me. *Since reading this thread, has set up a bookmarks folder for this.

ETA: Another strategy is to save all usernames and passwords for the status checkers that have been bookmarked. Makes the process faster.

<3 OCD.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 pm

cinephile wrote:I would be checking compulsively right now, but I live in the wrong time zone.

Same here. I hate waiting 12pm Eastern for 9am pacific time. :(

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:41 pm

I can't get my status checkers to all load the correct schools at the same time. And when I log in on one school's page, it logs in to a different school.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:I can't get my status checkers to all load the correct schools at the same time. And when I log in on one school's page, it logs in to a different school.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeah it does this. That's why you put the ones that are prone to those ahead of other ones

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:00 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Gotti wrote:This is me. Bookmarked and ready to open in all tabs. Also, I've found that Stanford's and Cornell's have to be added to bookmarks folder by taking the link in the email and DRAGGING it to the bookmark folder. It would give me an error if I just clicked the link an added it to bookmarks. Additionally, Stanford has to be first because if you use the status checker from another school before Stanford's, Stanford's will turn into that other school's status checker if you try to log in.

For obvious reasons :D .

Also, this did help me. *Since reading this thread, has set up a bookmarks folder for this.

ETA: Another strategy is to save all usernames and passwords for the status checkers that have been bookmarked. Makes the process faster.

<3 OCD.
i do this tooo :lol:

deadpoetnsp

Bronze

Post by deadpoetnsp » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:16 pm

EricBerry wrote:haha my chrome home page consists of tabs for my email, LSN, and all of my status checkers. i wish there was a way to go straight to the status checker without having to fumble around on each school's admissions website.
This is what I did. Go to each school's status checker once. Right-click the button, copy the URL into notepad/email. For example, this is my list of status checkers below:
Pending
1. Harvard: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... UVZVTUo%3D
Application Under Review 11/17/2010

2. Stanford: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D
Submitted for review 11/17/2010

3. Michigan: http://web.law.umich.edu/AdmAppStatus/home.aspx
Complete/In Review 1/7/2011

4. Cornell: https://aces2.law.cornell.edu/YourStatu ... 6wzcsZ0%3D
Deferred to regular applicant pool 12/21/2010

Admitted
1. Boston U
Admitted

2. Illinois: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... Ut9PBjo%3D
Admitted, XXK/Yr

3. WUSTL: https://lsac.law.wustl.edu/YourStatus/m ... 2C0H4WM%3D
Admitted

4. U Minn: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... %2FPQoI%3D
Admitted, XXK/Yr

6. Indiana-Bloomington
Admitted, XXK/Yr

Offers I have declined
1. W&L: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... 3uyDUsk%3D
Admitted, XK/Yr

2. W&M: https://aces.law.wm.edu/YourStatus/memb ... 0WeEa8M%3D
Admitted XK/Yr

Rejected
1.U Chicago: https://simplicity.uchicago.edu/YourSta ... RkfxXGM%3D
Rejected

2. Virginia: https://law17.law.virginia.edu/YourStat ... hBC1gMM%3D
Rejected
Keep in mind that each link is EXACTLY the same, except for the GUID bit at the end - that identifies the school. You can only check the status of the LATEST guid link you have clicked on. You HAVE to logout of the previous checker before you can click the next one. Hope that explains why you cannot just click all the status checkers at once.

I've emailed this list to myself, and 'starred' it so it always shows up on top. Then I just open my email every morning, and go click-click one by one. Keep in mind that you cannot open all links at once. You have to open one link, login and check status, then logout. Then click and login to the next and so on.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:32 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=145875

Thw OP clearly did no research before posting his thread.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:39 pm

lawfreak wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=145875

...because we can comment on locked threads, right?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Gotti wrote:

I hate to break the news to you but that thread was unlocked for a long time before it got carried away and in effect locked. Addtionally, the same issue was addressed over there so if the OP was really interested in this topic he would have searched it and that topic would have came up addressing his so called "issues".

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:45 pm

lawfreak wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I hate to break the news to you but that thread was unlocked for a long time before it got carried away and in effect locked. Addtionally, the same issue was addressed over there so if the OP was really interested in this topic he would have searched it and that topic would have came up addressing his so called "issues".
again, he made this because there was no thread to talk about this anymore, because your thread was locked.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Gotti wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
Gotti wrote:

again, he made this because there was no thread to talk about this anymore, because your thread was locked.
:roll:
Well I'm glad Gotti gets it...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 pm

girlonfire wrote: Well I'm glad Gotti gets it...
is this sarcasm?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”