Status Checker OCD?? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
girlonfire

Bronze

Status Checker OCD??

Post by girlonfire » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:30 pm

So I'm assuming I'm not the only one who wakes up in the morning and does the Status Checker routine... Hell, I even check schools I've already gotten into just to see the "congratulations!!" and feel a bit better about my day... I'm thinking this is probably unhealthy, and maybe useless.

Does anyone else have status checker OCD? and is there a point to checking?
Every school I've heard back from has sent me an email when they came to a decision.

Has anyone ever learned of their acceptance/denial/waitlisting by the status checker alone??

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Re: Status Checker OCD??

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm pretty much right there with you. I check at least 4-5 times daily.

I have heard from one school via status checker alone.. UGA. I'm expecting a admit package later this week.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:I'm pretty much right there with you. I check at least 4-5 times daily.

I have heard from one school via status checker alone.. UGA. I'm expecting a admit package later this week.
:shock: now i have a reason to keep checking!! hahahahaha

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:40 pm

For a couple of schools, I've gotten status checker decisions before email. Man, I hope schools can't see how often I status check.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 pm

EricBerry wrote:For a couple of schools, I've gotten status checker decisions before email. Man, I hope schools can't see how often I status check.
Seriously.. and see if we try to generate passwords to the ASWs...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

canes

Bronze

Post by canes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 pm

With a bookmarks folder with all of them in it and the option to "open all in tabs"... its too easy to stay addicted :(

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Just a word of warning for all you OCD status checkers - DONT STOP CHECKING! I gave myself a good 5-6 hour break last tuesday and got into my #1 choice via status checker - ONLY I DIDNT KNOW UNTIL 1am!!!!! It was terrible.

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

canes wrote:With a bookmarks folder with all of them in it and the option to "open all in tabs"... its too easy to stay addicted :(
haha my chrome home page consists of tabs for my email, LSN, and all of my status checkers. i wish there was a way to go straight to the status checker without having to fumble around on each school's admissions website.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

canes wrote:With a bookmarks folder with all of them in it and the option to "open all in tabs"... its too easy to stay addicted :(
I also have this set up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Yeah, this is me.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:07 pm

my OCD started about two weeks before December LSAT scores were released when I was checking LSAT twice a day and TLS all the time. Then it became about checking LSAC to see if they got my transcripts so I could send out apps. Now it's about status checkers and a year from now it will be about 1L grades.

Yup, I'm preparing to settle into this neurotic, obsessive lifestyle.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm

girlonfire wrote:So I'm assuming I'm not the only one who wakes up in the morning and does the Status Checker routine... Hell, I even check schools I've already gotten into just to see the "congratulations!!" and feel a bit better about my day... I'm thinking this is probably unhealthy, and maybe useless.

Does anyone else have status checker OCD? and is there a point to checking?
Every school I've heard back from has sent me an email when they came to a decision.

Has anyone ever learned of their acceptance/denial/waitlisting by the status checker alone??
:lol: I thought I was the only one who did this.

I was accepted from one law school through status checker then snail mail about a week afterwards, so it can be a useful precedence to a decision. However, the OCD we all experience can't be healthy!
Last edited by sanjola on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

guilty as shit

that open all in tabs is a good idea, i've been just labeling those emails on my gmail but it's been a real PITA to navigate through links

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amers73

Bronze

Post by amers73 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

crit_racer wrote:my OCD started about two weeks before December LSAT scores were released when I was checking LSAT twice a day and TLS all the time. Then it became about checking LSAC to see if they got my transcripts so I could send out apps. Now it's about status checkers and a year from now it will be about 1L grades.

Yup, I'm preparing to settle into this neurotic, obsessive lifestyle.
THIS. +1

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 pm

As bad as compulsive checking can be, it's worse with the schools that don't have status checkers. I don't even know if I'm complete at one school yet.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:19 pm

actually crap i see an issue here where the status checker links are identical for some schools or something, so I can't save them separately. It would be nice if I can just have all the status checkers automatically log in and open on every single tab

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 pm

cinephile wrote:As bad as compulsive checking can be, it's worse with the schools that don't have status checkers. I don't even know if I'm complete at one school yet.
+1000
but when I got that pakage in the mail- it was like a combination of christmas and my birthday as a little kid. It took all I had not to open the package in the middle of the street!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

cinephile wrote:As bad as compulsive checking can be, it's worse with the schools that don't have status checkers. I don't even know if I'm complete at one school yet.
+1000. My top choice doesn't have a status checker and I keep wondering if I've been under review or what.

Aside from that, I've been OCD with my status checkers since late October.. I was on vacation with no internet for two weeks and it was actually amazing not to have the burden of constantly checking online. As soon as I got back though I was up to my old antics. I also found out I got into two schools via status checkers, so I have some faith in them.

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

It's now a part of my everyday routine. It basically goes hand in hand with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 pm

i get really tired of having to navigate and check 43 status checkers though...

Tinkerz Belle

New

Post by Tinkerz Belle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 pm

This is amazing. Bookmarking RIGHT NOW.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BeerMe828

New

Post by BeerMe828 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm wondering if this wouldn't be helpful to all of us...

https://aces2.lsac.org/Membership/Login ... mmary.aspx

Link takes you to your login and password and then asks for "school code" as well... of course I dont know where to find the school codes, but perhaps it would be easier to find those and get used to just entering the codes than going through each school's admissions page... anybody wanna do a little research? lol

dc1s

New

Post by dc1s » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Last edited by dc1s on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:39 pm

lsatextreme wrote:i get really tired of having to navigate and check 43 status checkers though...
43!?!

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

cinephile wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:i get really tired of having to navigate and check 43 status checkers though...
43!?!
well jk, it's only 40. 3 already made their decisions.

and i also have 6 schools that don't have status checkers

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”