St. Mary's c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NomNom

Bronze

Re: St. Mary's c/o 2015

Post by NomNom » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Congrats. I applied late December and went complete about a week later. I still haven't moved from "Complete" status.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I applied late (1/13), just went complete today.

dallaslawgurl

New

Post by dallaslawgurl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Just got my letter... I'm in! I'm p/t. No scholly info.
Waiting to hear back from about 15 other schools, lol.
So far this is where I see myself :)

*edit to add notification ;)
Last edited by dallaslawgurl on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Congrats on the PT, dallas

revival2005

New

Post by revival2005 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 pm

dallaslawgurl wrote:Just got my letter... I'm in! I'm p/t. No scholly info.
I am part time also. I read that part time students don't get scholarships, boo!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dallaslawgurl

New

Post by dallaslawgurl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:57 pm

revival2005 wrote:
dallaslawgurl wrote:Just got my letter... I'm in! I'm p/t. No scholly info.
I am part time also. I read that part time students don't get scholarships, boo!

boo! indeed! :/

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Congrats to you both. Still waiting on full time decision.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Same here. I'm hoping for quite a few responses in the coming week.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Decision letter mailed today. Any update Nomnom?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:13 am

Bluewavesix wrote:Decision letter mailed today. Any update Nomnom?
Nope, still under review. :) Good luck to you though.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 am

NomNom wrote:
That's weird. Maybe you should give them a call? Thank you, good luck to you as well!

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 am

Bluewavesix wrote:
NomNom wrote:
That's weird. Maybe you should give them a call? Thank you, good luck to you as well!
I want to, but not sure what I'd say. I mean it hasn't been 5 weeks yet. Another school I was accepted in under three weeks has other people in the same boat I am so I am wondering if it is just how they pull to review. I have no idea. If I don't hear anything by the end of this month, I may inquire because I start reaching the point where I have to put down seat deposits. I don't really want to be that person that calls though lol. Under review is better than rejected at this point.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:25 pm

NomNom wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:
NomNom wrote:
I want to, but not sure what I'd say. I mean it hasn't been 5 weeks yet. Another school I was accepted in under three weeks has other people in the same boat I am so I am wondering if it is just how they pull to review. I have no idea. If I don't hear anything by the end of this month, I may inquire because I start reaching the point where I have to put down seat deposits. I don't really want to be that person that calls though lol. Under review is better than rejected at this point.
I suppose you're right. It won't hurt just to call and make sure they have everything they need, but you're right. Maybe you should give it a week or two.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Not so sure that I'm in, but did admitted students get the email about the alumni receptions (ASD?)? I haven't gotten my letter, but I assume this means I'm in?

Txrb182sc

New

Post by Txrb182sc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Im an admitted student and Yeah I got it. I'm going to the 2/22 one they are having on the campus.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Txrb182sc wrote:Im an admitted student and Yeah I got it. I'm going to the 2/22 one they are having on the campus.
Nice. I think I MAY go to the one on 2/22, though I may wait for the one in Houston, as I'll be able to make a trip that includes 3 schools (STCL, St. Mary's, Loyola NO).

rocknem

New

Post by rocknem » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Has anyone tried to negotiate the scholarship awarded? I could really use the additional assistance, just not sure what my chances or receiving addtl aid are.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sarahmargie

Bronze

Post by sarahmargie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

rocknem wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate the scholarship awarded? I could really use the additional assistance, just not sure what my chances or receiving addtl aid are.

I did. And not even the money, just the stipulations. They weren't trying to hear that.

rocknem

New

Post by rocknem » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 pm

sarahmargie wrote:
rocknem wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate the scholarship awarded? I could really use the additional assistance, just not sure what my chances or receiving addtl aid are.

I did. And not even the money, just the stipulations. They weren't trying to hear that.
The stipulation is harsh. I guess half of us should expect to lose our scholarships for the 2nd year.

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

I was accepted on the 10th, and I still haven't received my official letter, or whether or not I got a scholarship offered.

rocknem

New

Post by rocknem » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:I was accepted on the 10th, and I still haven't received my official letter, or whether or not I got a scholarship offered.
You should give def. give them a call. I recv'd my letter a day after my status changed, but I live only two hours away.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MrHaephestus

New

Post by MrHaephestus » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Anyone attend the reception on the 22nd on-campus?

I may go visit on my own as I am only an hour away from St. Mary's, but it would be nice to hear a review of the place from a potential classmate.

Anyone?

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 pm

MrHaephestus wrote:Anyone attend the reception on the 22nd on-campus?

I may go visit on my own as I am only an hour away from St. Mary's, but it would be nice to hear a review of the place from a potential classmate.

Anyone?
I think I'm goin to schedule a day to get a tour and hopefully observe a class. I'll post when I go.

MrHaephestus

New

Post by MrHaephestus » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Bluewavesix wrote:

Anyone?
I think I'm goin to schedule a day to get a tour and hopefully observe a class. I'll post when I go.

Hiya Bluewave! Did you get a underwhelming a scholly offer from Loyola NOLA, too?

Ok, so St. Marys. I spoke with a St. Mary's girl last night at the Tech admitted students reception. Yes, she was incredibly hot if you must know, but also very bright. I decided to hit her up about St. Mary's and she offered the following insight. Hope this helps you out before your visit.

1) St. Mary's is super expensive. It's not Loyola NOLA expensive, but still very pricey.

COA of St. Mary's is $46,566.00
By comparison, STCL is $48,000.00
Loyola NOLA $60,000

2) The campus is beautiful, but walled off from its surroundings. It's not in a great part of town.

3) The law school seems to do best in placements for SA. Considering that you were talking about practicing in the SA area, I'd wager going to St. Mary's would be in your favor.

Hope that helps you out a bit. I may venture down there in March to check it out. Fortunately, I've two cousins in SA so a campus trip and beers with family would make for a pretty fun weekend. Cheers to you, sir!

Bluewavesix

New

Post by Bluewavesix » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:11 am

MrHaephestus wrote:
Bluewavesix wrote:

Anyone?

Hiya Bluewave! Did you get a underwhelming a scholly offer from Loyola NOLA, too?

Ok, so St. Marys. I spoke with a St. Mary's girl last night at the Tech admitted students reception. Yes, she was incredibly hot if you must know, but also very bright. I decided to hit her up about St. Mary's and she offered the following insight. Hope this helps you out before your visit.

1) St. Mary's is super expensive. It's not Loyola NOLA expensive, but still very pricey.

COA of St. Mary's is $46,566.00
By comparison, STCL is $48,000.00
Loyola NOLA $60,000

2) The campus is beautiful, but walled off from its surroundings. It's not in a great part of town.

3) The law school seems to do best in placements for SA. Considering that you were talking about practicing in the SA area, I'd wager going to St. Mary's would be in your favor.

Hope that helps you out a bit. I may venture down there in March to check it out. Fortunately, I've two cousins in SA so a campus trip and beers with family would make for a pretty fun weekend. Cheers to you, sir!
I was offered 18k a year with a 2.5, so that sounds good to me considering St. Mary's harsh stips. I still haven't even received my acceptance or scholarship info from St. Mary's so I can't even make a decision. I am still really disappointed that I got dinged from TTU :cry: Oh well. I'm still waiting on OU and LSU. Maybe STCL. Thank you for all the info! Where are you planning on attending?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”