WL at Penn 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawscholar20

New

Re: WL at Penn 2011

Post by lawscholar20 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
REBeLlion wrote:I'm surprised this forum is so sparse! Over at the HLS WL forum, its convo. central -- everyone gets riled up and needs to know what's goin on 24/7!

How's it hanging Penn people? :lol:
Maybe I can get off the other WL and someone can get off this WL? :)

Good luck all!
Why is this thread sooooo quite? Is there another Penn WL thread that I am missing? Or maybe the WL is really small :idea:

Any suggestions as to when we will start seeing movement? Also I have seen on other websites that there have been some WL admits already. Can anyone confirm this?

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 pm

It will prob explode once the 15th rolls around. What other websites have you seen people being admitted off the waitlist?

I'm hoping the actual WL is small and filled with YP who have better options lol.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm

+1

I'm about to submit all my additional materials tomorrow. It took lsac forever to process my new letter of rec and i'm just polishing up my additional 2 pager. Hope i'm not running super late on this.

lawscholar20

New

Post by lawscholar20 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Mike12188 wrote:It will prob explode once the 15th rolls around. What other websites have you seen people being admitted off the waitlist?

I'm hoping the actual WL is small and filled with YP who have better options lol.
I think the website is called LLM Guide.

In related news check this link out,

http://www.law.upenn.edu/prospective/jdinsights.html

They say they are full for now :(

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:39 pm

But this is just people who paid the deposit, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawscholar20

New

Post by lawscholar20 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:42 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:But this is just people who paid the deposit, right?
Thats what I figured.

But, if you check last years dates, they did not say this. Makes me wonder if they are anticipating less WL admits this year.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

lawscholar20 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:But this is just people who paid the deposit, right?
Thats what I figured.

But, if you check last years dates, they did not say this. Makes me wonder if they are anticipating less WL admits this year.
Look the bottom line if Penn doesn't want me, and I go to another t-14 instead, that is their loss. Once you're in the t-14, it's all about class rank anyway so why go where you're not wanted?

lawscholar20

New

Post by lawscholar20 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

lawscholar20 wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:It will prob explode once the 15th rolls around. What other websites have you seen people being admitted off the waitlist?

I believe I just realized the error of my ways........ LLM Guide ≠ JD Guide :D

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:54 am

Holding on for dear life.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 am

Just withdrew, hope one of you guys gets it! (ps theres another penn WL thread i just posted in lol but no activity there since feb ooops)

Edit: also know of another penn person who got in off nyu waitlist last wk and is planning to go so i bet u start seeing mvmt in coming week or so! Nyu just called ppl starting mid-end of last week.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 pm

lawscholar20 wrote:
lawscholar20 wrote:

I believe I just realized the error of my ways........ LLM Guide ≠ JD Guide :D
So is that talking about the LLM or JD program?

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Has anyone been shaved off the wait list yet?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue May 17, 2011 1:02 pm

snichols16 wrote:Has anyone been shaved off the wait list yet?
List of people who put down more than 1 deposits at schools were communicated to schools last week, I think by 6/1 you should see some movement since these people will have to open up some seats somewhere.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Guy

New

Post by Guy » Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Has anyone been shaved off the wait list yet?
List of people who put down more than 1 deposits at schools were communicated to schools last week, I think by 6/1 you should see some movement since these people will have to open up some seats somewhere.
why do you say that? why would people who have multiple deposits down make a decision by june 1?

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Tue May 17, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I received an email yesterday telling me that their class is currently at full capacity. It looks like they are contacting people who are double-deposited to see when they can expect a decision by, so I suspect there will at least be a handful of people they will be admitting off their WL eventually.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Guy wrote:
why do you say that? why would people who have multiple deposits down make a decision by june 1?
Because some schools don't require a firm answer until 6/1. And finally scholarship determination is not until then.

damage-inc

Bronze

Post by damage-inc » Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 pm

czelede wrote:I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I received an email yesterday telling me that their class is currently at full capacity. It looks like they are contacting people who are double-deposited to see when they can expect a decision by, so I suspect there will at least be a handful of people they will be admitting off their WL eventually.
They have access to a list people who are double-deposited? Is that through LSAC or what?

Also, what was the WL movement like last year and should we expect similar? more? less?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue May 17, 2011 5:26 pm

damage-inc wrote:
czelede wrote:I don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I received an email yesterday telling me that their class is currently at full capacity. It looks like they are contacting people who are double-deposited to see when they can expect a decision by, so I suspect there will at least be a handful of people they will be admitting off their WL eventually.
They have access to a list people who are double-deposited? Is that through LSAC or what?

Also, what was the WL movement like last year and should we expect similar? more? less?
Yup, LSAC released the list yesterday as I understand. I expect more movement this year but my opinion is not qualified with facts.

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:28 pm

damage-inc wrote:

According to USC, after May 15 (I'm pretty sure it's the 15th), law schools have access to info regarding where you have deposits down, presumably through LSAC.

Also, it seems that there will be a lot less WL movement this year than people previously thought. According to UVA WL-->rejection email, "This was the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law". Take that info for what you will.

lawscholar20

New

Post by lawscholar20 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 am

snichols16 wrote:
damage-inc wrote:

According to USC, after May 15 (I'm pretty sure it's the 15th), law schools have access to info regarding where you have deposits down, presumably through LSAC.

Also, it seems that there will be a lot less WL movement this year than people previously thought. According to UVA WL-->rejection email, "This was the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law". Take that info for what you will.
Are you sure they don't say that every year??? NYU's waitlist admits have been up from last year

justhoping

Bronze

Post by justhoping » Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 am

lawscholar20 wrote: Are you sure they don't say that every year??? NYU's waitlist admits have been up from last year
I think they DEFINITELY say that every year...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:49 pm

I don't know how I feel about schools being able to see if you double deposited. This is very personal info. We don't get to know their info - why do they get our financial info? It just seems like something they should warn you about....ethically speaking. But I'm not going to complain about LSAC - they make the rules.

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:02 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:I don't know how I feel about schools being able to see if you double deposited. This is very personal info. We don't get to know their info - why do they get our financial info? It just seems like something they should warn you about....ethically speaking. But I'm not going to complain about LSAC - they make the rules.
They do kind of warn us about it. You just have to read the fine print (like a good lawyer would!). It makes sense, though. When scholarships are involved, other people are desirous of your seat, and time is of the essence, we should not be double depositing after May. Now is not the time to be indecisive.

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 pm

snichols16 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:I don't know how I feel about schools being able to see if you double deposited. This is very personal info. We don't get to know their info - why do they get our financial info? It just seems like something they should warn you about....ethically speaking. But I'm not going to complain about LSAC - they make the rules.
They do kind of warn us about it. You just have to read the fine print (like a good lawyer would!). It makes sense, though. When scholarships are involved, other people are desirous of your seat, and time is of the essence, we should not be double depositing after May. Now is not the time to be indecisive.
This is in the same vein as schools that let other schools know when you're accepted via binding Early Decision. Most schools will have verbiage in their deposit forms which let you know whether you are allowed to double deposit or not, so as long as you don't break the rules it shouldn't really matter.

Guy

New

Post by Guy » Wed May 18, 2011 1:39 pm

snichols16 wrote:
uhm.... pardon my french but - screw that. i am double deposited because of a yet to be resolved personal matter. I went through painstaking months and months and months of these schools being indecisive on my application. I think I can take my turn for a second.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”