UNIV. of Florida Question. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mr. T

Bronze

UNIV. of Florida Question.

Post by Mr. T » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 am

I looked at my status checker this morning and my "In Review" status changed to "File Reviewed, No Decision Reached". Anyone else experience this during their UF app process? Is this a waitlist? Any help is appreciated! :?:

rbarcelo9

Silver

Re: UNIV. of Florida Question.

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am

Mr. T wrote:I looked at my status checker this morning and my "In Review" status changed to "File Reviewed, No Decision Reached". Anyone else experience this during their UF app process? Is this a waitlist? Any help is appreciated! :?:
A few people in the other UF thread had this same thing happen to them. I think someone emailed the admissions office and was told that it wasn't in hold, your file was just being further reviewed. I would post the link but I'm at work and on my phone. But in short, no you are not the only one that this happened to.

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 am

Found it - it seems like many people think this is a hold and others think its a waitlist. Any thoughts?

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 am

Seems more like a hold to me. I'm sure they waitlist applicants and if they wanted to waitlist you, they would have put you on the waitlist. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure as people start hearing back from other schools people will start withdrawing. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 am

Can anyone define what a "hold" is? Just trying to determine what "group" that puts me into :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:04 am

Mr. T wrote:Can anyone define what a "hold" is? Just trying to determine what "group" that puts me into :shock:
UF typically holds a majority of its non auto-admit candidates until about March, when they eventually release decisions. Don't be worried, when I was admitted (2 years ago) I was in the hold batch for quite some time.

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

Good to know. So, there is a good chance I will sit in this limbo for another 2 months?!?! Wonderful. Well, I just started p90X to relieve stress and get in shape for 1L. Now that I'm pissed I can focus that energy and stick with Tony Horton during the routine tonight :evil:

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 am

Mr. T wrote:Good to know. So, there is a good chance I will sit in this limbo for another 2 months?!?! Wonderful. Well, I just started p90X to relieve stress and get in shape for 1L. Now that I'm pissed I can focus that energy and stick with Tony Horton during the routine tonight :evil:
Good luck with that Tony Horton is the man! Just completed my first 90 days and in week 4 of my second 90! It's a good program if you stick with it!

Oh and in honor of my school I have to say something derogatory about UF since I'm the thread is full of UF avatars. So here it goes:

I'm sure if you get some LORs from Tim Teabag or Urban Creyer you'd be off the hold list in a matter of minutes. (yes that's 4 years of pent up bitterness) Go Noles!

Now that I got that out of the way good luck with your cycle and stick with the P90X it really does work!

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks, i like p90X a lot...and CONGRATS on your successful completion of it. I'm excited to see the results.

As for the semi-holes........we own you. We are 6-1 against you over the last 7 years. I'd comment further but I have one national championship ring in my mouth, and I'd listen to your sorry banter further if I didn't have two more rings blocking the sound in my ears.

93', 06', 08'.....

By the way, you might want to read up ont he #1 rated QB headed our way (Jeff Driskel) - not to scare you but he throws better than Tebow did and runs better than he did. Finally, Will Muschamp, Weiss, and the other coaches will attract a great deal of talent from the Florida area (and the entire south). We will be on top again - you know it - and it scares your seond rate school :)

In all seriousness, good luck with your app's :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:44 pm

You may recall FSU's #1 rated QB duo: Drew Weatherford and Xavier Lee....oh wait....no one knows those names...because high school performance means nothing. As far as the new coaching staff, while impressive, you seem to be overlooking FSU's shiny new coaching staff as well. Jimbo Fisher is easily the best head coach in FL and has one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the game in Coach Stoops, thats not to mention offensive line coach Rick Trickett who is said to be the best in NCAA. Oh and there are rumors via ESPN that the Noles may start next season ranked #2 (--LinkRemoved--)

Who knows maybe we'll be classmates next year in that god awful town of Gainesville. I'll be the guy head to toe in Seminoles gear.

Is UF your top choice?

Mr. T

Bronze

Post by Mr. T » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Let him win a national championship and then you can talk. Until then, he is Jimbo fisher (a very good coach) but that's where it stops. Also, there are several QB's who were ranked high (a guy named Tebow who you guys never beat is one of them) and performed very well in college. You just got the dud's (we have 3 heisman winners - all QB's)

Wow, you Nole's fans were so quiet for the last six years - I guess you are all coming out in droves now.

UF is my top choice - I did not even bother to apply to FSU. :P

Oh yea, just got an email from your sorry admissions department..tell them to take me off their list.

"Applying to law school? Consider the Florida State University College of Law.

Fall 2011 deadline is May 1, 2011.

Apply online: http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/

Florida State University College of Law
Office of Admissions and Records
Email: admissions@law.fsu.edu
Phone: 850.644.3787
Connect with us:
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FSULawAdmissions
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/FSULawAdm
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/FloridaStateLaw
Foursquare --LinkRemoved--"

Trolling for App's is pathetic! :oops:

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Mr. T wrote:Let him win a national championship and then you can talk. Until then, he is Jimbo fisher (a very good coach) but that's where it stops. Also, there are several QB's who were ranked high (a guy named Tebow who you guys never beat is one of them) and performed very well in college. You just got the dud's (we have 3 heisman winners - all QB's)

Wow, you Nole's fans were so quiet for the last six years - I guess you are all coming out in droves now.

Oh yea, just got an email from your sorry admissions department..tell them to take me off their list.

"Applying to law school? Consider the Florida State University College of Law.

Fall 2011 deadline is May 1, 2011.

Apply online: http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/

Florida State University College of Law
Office of Admissions and Records
Email: admissions@law.fsu.edu
Phone: 850.644.3787
Connect with us:
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FSULawAdmissions
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/FSULawAdm
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/FloridaStateLaw
Foursquare --LinkRemoved--"

I'm horrified of going to UF because of idiots like this.

EthanMcleod

New

Post by EthanMcleod » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Mr. T wrote:Let him win a national championship and then you can talk. Until then, he is Jimbo fisher (a very good coach) but that's where it stops. Also, there are several QB's who were ranked high (a guy named Tebow who you guys never beat is one of them) and performed very well in college. You just got the dud's (we have 3 heisman winners - all QB's)

I just checked and saw my status was also changed to File Reviewed, no decision reached. I hope it is a hold as everyone above has stated. :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Mr. T wrote:Thanks, i like p90X a lot...and CONGRATS on your successful completion of it. I'm excited to see the results.

As for the semi-holes........we own you. We are 6-1 against you over the last 7 years. I'd comment further but I have one national championship ring in my mouth, and I'd listen to your sorry banter further if I didn't have two more rings blocking the sound in my ears.

93', 06', 08'.....

By the way, you might want to read up ont he #1 rated QB headed our way (Jeff Driskel) - not to scare you but he throws better than Tebow did and runs better than he did. Finally, Will Muschamp, Weiss, and the other coaches will attract a great deal of talent from the Florida area (and the entire south). We will be on top again - you know it - and it scares your seond rate school :)

In all seriousness, good luck with your app's :)
if you are going to abbreviate years, the comma goes before the numbers- you just said 96 feet, 06 feet, 08 feet. it should be '96, '06, '08 ( you use the comma to hold the place of the numbers you are omitting)

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:31 am

Comma?

Surely it's an apostrophe...
:wink:

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:00 am

I've received a few emails from UF. I have been accepted already and I'm going to predict that in the near future they offer this Nole some $$$. I haven't seen the packet myself yet (I had my roommate open it), but I do know that FSU was nice enough to call me with my acceptance, rather then send me a letter.

(Lets not get carried away, this is all in good fun. I think the FSU > UF rivalry is one of the biggest rivalries in college, and it really makes all sporting events that much more exciting.)

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:02 am

I just have to add my 2 cents. I cannot wait to get out of Tallahassee, but I imagine that Gainesville would be so much worse. And football....there is no discussion. Go Noles!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Cmart050 wrote:

[FSU email]

I'm horrified of going to UF because of idiots like this.
+1000

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:57 pm

govorett wrote:I just have to add my 2 cents. I cannot wait to get out of Tallahassee, but I imagine that Gainesville would be so much worse. And football....there is no discussion. Go Noles!
I'm ready to leave Tally too, but I will always be HUGE noles fan!

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:58 pm

That was a bit harsh on my part. Nothing but some good-natured ribbing. :D

plug1

New

Post by plug1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:59 pm

If you guys are so concerned about national championships then you probably should head down to the U

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:01 pm

plug1 wrote:If you guys are so concerned about national championships then you probably should head down to the U
yeah...things are looking really good for you guys huh? Jacory Harris for heisman...oh wait he sucks, you just fired your head coach and you're the only team in FL that lost their bowl game...you're right the U is where you want to be if you are interested in losing. :roll:
Last edited by rbarcelo9 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plug1

New

Post by plug1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:
plug1 wrote:If you guys are so concerned about national championships then you probably should head down to the U
yeah...things are looking really good for you guys huh? Jacory Harris for heisman...oh wait he sucks, you just fired your head coach and you lost you're the only team in FL that lost their bowl game...you're right the U is where you want to be if you are interested in losing. :roll:
I guess you have a short memory ...

dukivich10

Bronze

Post by dukivich10 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:
yeah...things are looking really good for you guys huh? Jacory Harris for heisman...oh wait he sucks, you just fired your head coach and you lost you're the only team in FL that lost their bowl game...you're right the U is where you want to be if you are interested in losing. :roll:

Ths guy must only remember the last 5 yrs of college football....

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Post by Blindc1rca » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:27 pm

1. Gainesville is the shit. UF facilities = awesome. City of Gainesville + surrounding area = infinite recreation for the outdoorsy. Tally ain't bad either though. If you're a big-city douchebag then pack your hair gel and go down to Miami.

2. What's the only similarity between FSU and UF students?
...........They all got into FSU.

'nuff said.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”