I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/ Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bless

Silver

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 am

LOL my Mom came in my room after hearing of my "acceptance" and I kept reading it over and over pessimistically and was like "Ma, I don't know what this means... :? " and she's like "YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! DON'T BE RIDICULOUS! YOU GOT ACCEPTED I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WOULD!"

Then the apology e-mail came and she was :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 am

Bless wrote:LOL my Mom came in my room after hearing of my "acceptance" and I kept reading it over and over pessimistically and was like "Ma, I don't know what this means... :? " and she's like "YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! DON'T BE RIDICULOUS! YOU GOT ACCEPTED I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WOULD!"

Then the apology e-mail came and she was :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:( Now I feel bad for your mom, too.

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:41 am

that's really awful. sorry =/

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am

LMAO so do I.

SMA22

Bronze

Post by SMA22 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am

I got it as well this morning; doesn't mean they rejected you, just that they accepted you too quickly:) Maybe the next one will be an acceptance with a scholarship!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

1evilo.aihpos

New

Post by 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 am

snapdragon wrote:For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

"Greetings from Richmond Law! Congratulations on your acceptance to our wonderful law school. You should be very proud of your achievements – we certainly are. If you are still in college or a recent graduate (December 2010), we hope that you had a productive and successful fall semester and a safe and relaxing winter break. Should you find that your fall semester grades were a positive addition to your overall GPA, please make sure to update your transcript with LSAC, as we want you to have the benefit of your most recent academic achievements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time."

The second email said:

"The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience."

The emails were sent less than 10 minutes apart. So at least that's something.
pathetic lies!!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:47 am

SMA22 wrote:I got it as well this morning; doesn't mean they rejected you, just that they accepted you too quickly:) Maybe the next one will be an acceptance with a scholarship!
Doubtful. I know this has happened other places (UMN accidentally changed a bunch of status checkers to "accepted" too early, but it was all people who would eventually be accepted), but the email list that it was sent to was called "lawprospectives", so I think it might actually be an email list of ALL applicants, not just a likely-to-be-admitted pool like the UMN incident. :(

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:47 am

If it was my top choice I would probs just show up the first day of classes acting like I never received the follow-up rejection email. If they tried to deny me admission I would make it clear to them that I planned on notifying the press. I'm guessing at that point they would rather just avoid the fiasco and allow me admission than deal with the bad publicity.

I'm not saying anyone should try this... but you should.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:47 am

SUE THEM!

just kidding. that's lame though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:49 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:Wake gave me a full scholarship by accident last year.
That was so awful. My numbers were nowhere near full scholly so I didn't get hit as hard emotionally but it still blew. Ugh.

1evilo.aihpos

New

Post by 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 am

naterj wrote:If it was my top choice I would probs just show up the first day of classes acting like I never received the follow-up rejection email. If they tried to deny me admission I would make it clear to them that I planned on notifying the press. I'm guessing at that point they would rather just avoid the fiasco and allow me admission than deal with the bad publicity.

I dont know who would laugh harder, the press you notify or the school.

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am

Here it is - I got the same thing. I applied on a whim because of a fee waiver (it's always nice to have a second safety in VA, right?)

Anyway, here is the glory:
--ImageRemoved--

Followed shortly by:
--ImageRemoved--

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 am

Thank you!

Notice that the admission lady DIDN'T PUNCTUATE HER LAST SENTENCE. Unless that is the screenshot quality.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 am

NZA wrote:Thank you!

Notice that the admission lady DIDN'T PUNCTUATE HER LAST SENTENCE. Unless that is the screenshot quality.
Nope - that's for real... I only take the highest quality screenshots! :D

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 am

I think it was UC - SD that did this to like several hundred UG applicants a few years ago...

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:58 am

deja wrote:
NZA wrote:Thank you!

Nope - that's for real... I only take the highest quality screenshots! :D
ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Grammatical errors from a law admission office?! WTF?!

lillawyer18

New

Post by lillawyer18 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 pm

I got the same set of emails this morning (sent about 10 minutes apart).
They had me so excited there for a minute, even though I just applied less than a week ago.
I called the admissions office and they said it was an accident and that my application was still being considered. They also said that the admissions committee was not meeting until early March, yet I read where some people have already received calls from the dean congratulating them on being accepted...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 pm

I just read my wife the story about OPs mom, and she started crying. I hate it when girls cry, but this is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time.

thechee

Bronze

Post by thechee » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Back when I was applying to colleges, I remember Cornell's UG accidentally accepting several hundred ED students.

http://badgerherald.com/news/2003/03/06 ... out_ac.php

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Capitol A wrote:I just read my wife the story about OPs mom, and she started crying. I hate it when girls cry, but this is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time.

she started crying for someone on the internet's mom she doesn't know?

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Gotti wrote:
Capitol A wrote:I just read my wife the story about OPs mom, and she started crying. I hate it when girls cry, but this is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time.

she started crying for someone's mom she doesn't know?
:| Lol, it's called compassion.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

What would happen if a school accidentally admitted a bunch of ED applicants, not realizing it until letters had gone out. The students then withdrew from every school they applied to.

What happens?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm

NZA wrote:
Gotti wrote:

she started crying for someone's mom she doesn't know?
:| Lol, it's called compassion.

emotional!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 pm

1evilo.aihpos wrote:
naterj wrote:If it was my top choice I would probs just show up the first day of classes acting like I never received the follow-up rejection email. If they tried to deny me admission I would make it clear to them that I planned on notifying the press. I'm guessing at that point they would rather just avoid the fiasco and allow me admission than deal with the bad publicity.

Look, I'm not saying my plan is 100% infallible... but it is.

Say you went into a classroom the first day and just took a seat. The professor might question who you are and notify you that you're not registered for the class. Fine, you're sent to the admissions office to verify your enrollment. They would probably try to claim that you haven't even registered for classes or whatever. Well, BAM! you hand them the official email that you printed off and demand the acceptance and legal education that was promised to you. Law schools are full of lawyers who know contract law and all that so they would have to let you in. If you could get someone like the dean to sign the print out of the email you would be golden, just don't tell him what he's signing (ask him for an autograph or whatever I dunno).

Only if they want to press the issue would you even have to alert the media. My guess is that the situation would not escalate to that point.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 pm

naterj wrote:
1evilo.aihpos wrote:

Look, I'm not saying my plan is 100% infallible... but it is.

Say you went into a classroom the first day and just took a seat. The professor might question who you are and notify you that you're not registered for the class. Fine, you're sent to the admissions office to verify your enrollment. They would probably try to claim that you haven't even registered for classes or whatever. Well, BAM! you hand them the official email that you printed off and demand the acceptance and legal education that was promised to you. Law schools are full of lawyers who know contract law and all that so they would have to let you in. If you could get someone like the dean to sign the print out of the email you would be golden, just don't tell him what he's signing (ask him for an autograph or whatever I dunno).

Only if they want to press the issue would you even have to alert the media. My guess is that the situation would not escalate to that point.

LOL

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”