I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/ Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bless

Silver

I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 am

Anyone have an experience like this?

Univ. of Richmond sent me an e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance to their school and suggesting that I come take a look at the campus. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail stating the following: "The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience. Our sincerest apologies."

LOL. I knew something was fishy. I applied to Richmond less than a week ago, and my numbers are right at the median. People make mistakes but Lord have mercy... I had told my parents and everything :shock:
Last edited by Bless on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Post by patrickd139 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

I wanna say one of the T14s did this a few years ago and caused an uproar. I don't remember which one though.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

proof..

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 am

patrickd139 wrote:I wanna say one of the T14s did this a few years ago and caused an uproar. I don't remember which one though.
I think it might have been Boalt...at least that's what I read somewhere but not positively sure. Sucks.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 am

BlueDiamond wrote:proof..
Proof? LOL.

I've got better things to do than make up a silly story like that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

deliriousxix

Bronze

Post by deliriousxix » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 am

gosh that's awful.. :\

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

Bless wrote:
Proof? LOL.

I've got better things to do than make up a silly story like that.
would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

Look in the Richmond 2014 thread. Apparently a bunch of people have reported getting the email.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

Bless wrote:Anyone have an experience like this?

Univ. of Richmond sent me an e-mail congratulating me on my acceptance to their school and suggesting that I come take a look at the campus. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail stating the following: "The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience. Our sincerest apologies."

LOL. I knew something was fishy. I applied to Richmond less than a week ago, and my numbers are right at the median. People make mistakes but Lord have mercy... I had told my parents and everything :shock:
:(

I pity you. That would suck. But at least you had only applied a mere week ago. I would feel way worse for you if you had submitted in October or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Look in the Richmond 2014 thread. Apparently a bunch of people have reported getting the email.
That's GOTTA suck :(

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:17 am

Wake gave me a full scholarship by accident last year.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am

BlueDiamond wrote: would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin
I'm just messing with you. I forgot how to do a screen shot, but obviously the Richmond '14 thread verifies my story.

Don't feel sorry for me, ha. I have pretty thick skin.

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:19 am

NZA wrote:
Bless wrote:Anyone have an experience like this?

:(

I pity you. That would suck. But at least you had only applied a mere week ago. I would feel way worse for you if you had submitted in October or something.
Yup. It sucks. I applied in November and was expecting to hear back any day now. Got that email this morning. It sucked bigtime when I got the follow-up. :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

krad wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
That's GOTTA suck :(
I would be livid.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

wow this sucks...sorry :(
BlueDiamond wrote:would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin
Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

Bless wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote: would take maybe 3 seconds tops to screenshot an email.. just sayin
I'm just messing with you. I forgot how to do a screen shot, but obviously the Richmond '14 thread verifies my story.

Don't feel sorry for me, ha. I have pretty thick skin.
I still feel sorry for you, in a cosmic sense.

Screenshots are done by hitting "print screen," then opening Paint, ctrl+v, save as "proof.jpeg," upload to photobucket (or whatever), right-click, copy URL, come here, click "Post reply," type "[img][/img" with another bracket at the end, click submit.

Do it OP.

EDIT: Make sure you redact your name, by the way.
kjadkins wrote:Yup. It sucks. I applied in November and was expecting to hear back any day now. Got that email this morning. It sucked bigtime when I got the follow-up.
:( I am so sorry. That is terrible.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 am

Gotti wrote:Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'
lol :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:29 am

Bless wrote:
Gotti wrote:Why do you want proof so bad? I don't think you're important enough to OP for him/her to care if you don't believe him/her lol...just sayin'
I just kind of want to see what an acceptance letter and a "JK! lulz" letter look like, frankly.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:31 am

NZA wrote:
Bless wrote:
I just kind of want to see what an acceptance letter and a "JK! lulz" letter look like, frankly.

So do I but I believe OP haha...so it's not "proof" it's like "OMG SUX LEMME SEE LOL" hahahah. no offense, of course, OP

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

Gotti wrote:
NZA wrote:
Bless wrote:

So do I but I believe OP haha...so it's not "proof" it's like "OMG SUX LEMME SEE LOL" hahahah. no offense, of course, OP
Exactly! It's more like that. :) Like seeing photos of car accidents. MOAR!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

Kellogg (Northwestern Business) did this same thing a few years ago. I'd be fucking pissed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 am

naterj wrote:Kellogg (Northwestern Business) did this same thing a few years ago. I'd be fucking pissed.

Yeah for real...that sucks even more than Richmond doing it.

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:34 am

For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

"Greetings from Richmond Law! Congratulations on your acceptance to our wonderful law school. You should be very proud of your achievements – we certainly are. If you are still in college or a recent graduate (December 2010), we hope that you had a productive and successful fall semester and a safe and relaxing winter break. Should you find that your fall semester grades were a positive addition to your overall GPA, please make sure to update your transcript with LSAC, as we want you to have the benefit of your most recent academic achievements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time."

The second email said:

"The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience."

The emails were sent less than 10 minutes apart. So at least that's something.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am

snapdragon wrote:For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

"Greetings from Richmond Law! Congratulations on your acceptance to our wonderful law school. You should be very proud of your achievements – we certainly are. If you are still in college or a recent graduate (December 2010), we hope that you had a productive and successful fall semester and a safe and relaxing winter break. Should you find that your fall semester grades were a positive addition to your overall GPA, please make sure to update your transcript with LSAC, as we want you to have the benefit of your most recent academic achievements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time."

The second email said:

"The email you received was sent out in error. We deeply regret the inconvenience."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, sorry...I am not trying to be a dick, here, but that is just, well, funny in a really weird way to me. "We deeply regret the inconvenience." I feel like that's what you say when you work at McDonald's and the fries aren't ready.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am

snapdragon wrote:For those curious, the text of the first letter said:

The second email said:

Same e-mails I received.

The bold portion also threw me off, because I graduated in July 2010. I'm out of school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”