New York Law School Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Brittain

New

Re: New York Law School

Post by Brittain » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm

MrAnon wrote:In at NYLS! 2.7 / 151 / 50% scholly if I stay top 1/3
If your incessant trolling is any indication of your present or future success in law school, you're going to make a great Paralegal.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Brittain wrote:
MrAnon wrote:In at NYLS! 2.7 / 151 / 50% scholly if I stay top 1/3
If your incessant trolling is any indication of your present or future success in law school, you're going to make a great Paralegal.
harsh.

ohnoyoudidnt

New

Post by ohnoyoudidnt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm

did anyone get into the part-time program?

i applied on 02/03 and it updated 02/18. is this normal?

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Withdrew my acceptance today to hopefully make room for some of you!
Good luck.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Brittain wrote: I'm making a general statement in regards to those that are deluded into thinking that only T14 graduates have a chance at Big Law. Having already seen the amount of garbage spewed on these forums, in regards to full rides, scholarships, admittance, PSs, etc., I take most of what is said on these forums with a grain of salt. It's no different than the actual Law School circle, students boasting and egos exploding...

However, on a similar note, I personally have worked with and know 3 NYLS recent graduates, not to mention the alumni from that school that I have worked with and for, who have all picked up jobs in the six figure range. None of who were anywhere near the top 15%. I suggest you find a better pool of law school graduates and friends.

Your university can only do so much in terms of getting your foot in the door.

I do know people from TTT's and TTTT's who have good jobs, however, I wouldn't risk 6 figures worth of debt at NYLS to gamble on getting one of these. Yes, you can get a good job out of a school like NYLS, however don't count on it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sargell83

Bronze

Post by sargell83 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Finally complete but the date says 02/24/11. guess they do it ahead of time

KamaalTheAbstract

Bronze

Post by KamaalTheAbstract » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Don't any of you people do research and realize what you're getting into? NYLS? Why are you guys doing this? This school is actually the worst option for law school.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:15 pm

KamaalTheAbstract wrote:Don't any of you people do research and realize what you're getting into? NYLS? Why are you guys doing this? This school is actually the worst option for law school.
Worse than cooley, touro, or thomas jefferson?

Brittain

New

Post by Brittain » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm

KamaalTheAbstract wrote:Don't any of you people do research and realize what you're getting into? NYLS? Why are you guys doing this? This school is actually the worst option for law school.
Instead, lets see where they are in three years and where you are in three years - I would venture to guess that you're still trolling on TLS, projecting your own personal insecurities and deficiencies on prospective LS students.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KamaalTheAbstract

Bronze

Post by KamaalTheAbstract » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Brittain wrote:
Instead, lets see where they are in three years and where you are in three years - I would venture to guess that you're still trolling on TLS, projecting your own personal insecurities and deficiencies on prospective LS students.
Probably not since I already have a job but good try. So in 3 years I'll be one my way to being debt free with an actual legal job which is more than I can say for 85% of the people going to NYLS. I would like to see how telling people to stay away from a shitty school that charges 40k plus tuition in the most expensive city in the country is any reflection on any insecurities I have. Please explain.

KamaalTheAbstract

Bronze

Post by KamaalTheAbstract » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Worse than cooley, touro, or thomas jefferson?
I don't know much about any of those schools besides that they dont place many people into well paying jobs but if their tuition is as high as NYLS then they're all the same. Bad investments.

bjoscott

New

Post by bjoscott » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:22 pm

FWIW, I applied at NYLS and was accepted with a 15K scholarship. I will be withdrawing since this offer is nowhere near what I have been offered at Suffolk and New England, which I personally consider to be better options for me. It makes me wonder if some of the statements mede by people here have some validity (e.g. low sholly offers so that students take on more debt to the benefit of the Dean's investments.) I won't have to worry about it but I do hope that people consider the financial implications of taking on six figures in debt.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 am

Accepted: 2.9, 154!!!!!! It must have been my personal statement that set me apart from the pack. On the downside, I think I'll be paying sticker.

What are my chances at Big Law? I'm pretty sure I'll do well, because I don't drink or chase girls (I plan to do all that after I land a job making $160,000).

I'm from Texas but hate that place. After graduation, I want to move to California to work in Big Law; it'll be exciting because I don't know anyone there. Does anyone know if NYLS will adequately prepare me to pass the bar exam in other states? I can't believe it. I'm gonna be a lawyer!! Good luck everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:57 am

niederbomb wrote:Accepted: 2.9, 154!!!!!! It must have been my personal statement that set me apart from the pack. On the downside, I think I'll be paying sticker.

What are my chances at Big Law? I'm pretty sure I'll do well, because I don't drink or chase girls (I plan to do all that after I land a job making $160,000).

I'm from Texas but hate that place. After graduation, I want to move to California to work in Big Law; it'll be exciting because I don't know anyone there. Does anyone know if NYLS will adequately prepare me to pass the bar exam in other states? I can't believe it. I'm gonna be a lawyer!! Good luck everyone!

AmericaninManchuria

New

Post by AmericaninManchuria » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 am

Accepted with $30,000 scholarship.. 3.45/161. Also got into my first choice with scholly and in-state tuition (without the long commute)...so will probably be withdrawing...

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 am

niederbomb wrote:Accepted: 2.9, 154!!!!!! It must have been my personal statement that set me apart from the pack. On the downside, I think I'll be paying sticker.

Reality bites, fat chance unless judge judy opens her own firm

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Is this place worth it at full ride or close to it?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Congrats NYLS CUNY IS NOW RANKED HIGHER THAN YOU!!! SMFH!!!

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:54 am

lawfreak wrote:Is this place worth it at full ride or close to it?
IF you could get a full ride here, I'm sure you could get into a much better school. What's the point of 3 years of wasted time + the stain of a TTT on your resume?

btnyegurl

New

Post by btnyegurl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 am

Has anyone's application status changed dates? I applied here on a whim and it went complete on 3-1 then on 3-28, what does that even mean?

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 am

btnyegurl wrote:Has anyone's application status changed dates? I applied here on a whim and it went complete on 3-1 then on 3-28, what does that even mean?
RETAKE!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:47 am

lawfreak wrote:Is this place worth it at full ride or close to it?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=150681
Scroll down and notice that the majority of the salary data for their '09 grads is unknown/part time/unemployed-public sector.

Honestly, I think it would be pretty embarrassing to have to list a JD on my McDonalds application.

btnyegurl

New

Post by btnyegurl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 am

Has everyone that's been accepted received their scholarship information?

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would go to this embarrasing ripoff now that CUNY is rated higher on USNR, and has waaaaaay lower tuition costs at like 10k a year or less :?:

BlackSwan85

New

Post by BlackSwan85 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote: Like selling ice cream to a child.
This is one of those situations where the ice cream falls on the ground right after you pay for it, and the vendor says "tough luck kid."
<3

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”