. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Re: Are You There, Dean Z? It's Us: Michigan 10/26 Club

Post by leopardRAWR » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks for making this thread! Let's all cross our fingers for good news soon. The bright side is it seems this entire group has very competitive numbers, and all of us have great acceptances under our belts already (thus we know our applications aren't full of errors), so we're in good company!

Maybe Dean Z is as enamored with us as we are with Michigan and she just needs time to get over the shock of how much she enjoyed our applications before she finally admits us? I like to be optimistic.

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks for creating this.

Please, Dean Z, hear our pleas!

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:Maybe Dean Z is as enamored with us as we are with Michigan and she just needs time to get over the shock of how much she enjoyed our applications before she finally admits us? I like to be optimistic.
Yes! This is how I am going to get myself through the waiting.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:They really are one of my top choices, so I would actually be pretty disappointed if I got a WL or a ding after waiting for so long. And I LOVE Dean Z. But I choose to be optimistic too...

I have to go take a final for a night class, but I'll be back. I'll leave with this...

Barring a miracle acceptance to HYS, Mich is pretty much my top choice (at least as it stands right now), too.

Good luck on your final.

DreamShake

Bronze

Post by DreamShake » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Is the second week of November too late? Do I have to wait a couple more weeks to officially join this thread?! (Oh, the irony of waiting to join a waiting thread...)

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Good luck on the final!

Michigan will probably be my highest acceptance if I get in. The COL in Ann Armor is so reasonable and the town itself seems like the kind of really fun college town place I missed out on in UG. I've also never gotten to live anywhere with seasons so I find that exciting. It just seems like Michigan is the best combination of job prospects, inexpensive living, and happy atmosphere.

Plus there is just something that seems so right about being the lone Wolverine in a family of Irish fans:)

And this thread is for anyone who's been waiting for what feels like forever and is starting to lose hope. So join in the misery!

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:59 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:It just seems like Michigan is the best combination of job prospects, inexpensive living, and happy atmosphere.
This. Plus Dean Z is awesome.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DreamShake

Bronze

Post by DreamShake » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Bwaha thanks for the welcome, leopard. :D

And...
leopardRAWR wrote:The COL in Ann Armor is so reasonable and the town itself seems like the kind of really fun college town place I missed out on in UG. I've also never gotten to live anywhere with seasons so I find that exciting. It just seems like Michigan is the best combination of job prospects, inexpensive living, and happy atmosphere.
Exactly this.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:55 pm

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:Also I hope no one is offended/ :roll: at my variation of that classic young adult Judy Blume book, Are You There God? It's Me Margaret. I just thought it was a good way to express my(our) feelings.
I think it sums up a lot of feelings perfectly, or at least mine. I would do/say many mildly offensive things for a Michigan acceptance.

Oh dear. Dean Z, please admit us soon. I think I'm starting to go a little looney. Don't worry, its nothing an acceptance can't reverse. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 am

If there's one thing I can take solace in, it's the strength of this group. It seems like each of us is the sort of applicant that Michigan would love to accept.

Seancooksey: I think the title of this thread is awesome 8)

leopard: I, too, am going slightly looney. You're not alone!

soupisgood

Bronze

Post by soupisgood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:29 am

Another 10/26er chiming in! I can't help but feel that my lack of a "Why Mich?" essay will be my undoing :(

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 am

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

is it possible based on the strength of applicants in this group, this could be a YP thing? I might think so except I don't consider myself a YP type of candidate for Mich (and I did write the Why Mich essay). I'm juuuust above 75th LSAT and right around median GPA (tiny bit below it actually)...

:/

Anecdotally, I know someone (2 cycles ago) with pretty strong #s who went to NYU and he submitted october, didn't get into Mich til towards end of Dec - so there is hope! Has anyone looked at LSN to see if people with relatively strong #s complete in october got in mid to late Dec or later last yr?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm

ilovemulch wrote:is it possible based on the strength of applicants in this group, this could be a YP thing? I might think so except I don't consider myself a YP type of candidate for Mich (and I did write the Why Mich essay). I'm juuuust above 75th LSAT and right around median GPA (tiny bit below it actually)...

Anecdotally, I know someone (2 cycles ago) with pretty strong #s who went to NYU and he submitted october, didn't get into Mich til towards end of Dec - so there is hope! Has anyone looked at LSN to see if people with relatively strong #s complete in october got in mid to late Dec or later last yr?
As far as the YP thing, I thought about that too, but I just don't understand where Dean Z thinks I'm getting in that's better than Michigan. I'm a young white girl fresh out of UG who hasn't done anything all that spectacular. But I am taking it as a compliment to be included among this group of candidates with such strong numbers.

Also, I looked at LSN for my numbers and found someone who listed their decision date as Christmas eve, so there's hope.

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 pm

ilovemulch wrote:is it possible based on the strength of applicants in this group, this could be a YP thing? I might think so except I don't consider myself a YP type of candidate for Mich (and I did write the Why Mich essay). I'm juuuust above 75th LSAT and right around median GPA (tiny bit below it actually)...

Here's a great resource put together by Dulcatis: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=137012

For Michigan: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPDa_84M#

softsgalore

New

Post by softsgalore » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:58 pm

I haven't been checking Mich's status checker as often as I should, but today I log in and see that the date on the "Last Updated" has changed to today's date. Does this mean anything, or do they do this all the time and I just don't log in enough to see it happening?

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:00 pm

softsgalore wrote:I haven't been checking Mich's status checker as often as I should, but today I log in and see that the date on the "Last Updated" has changed to today's date. Does this mean anything, or do they do this all the time and I just don't log in enough to see it happening?
It changes daily (or at least almost daily)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am

seancooksey07 wrote:And I worried about YP too since we are a seemingly strong group, but then again that's why I went to the trouble of writing a Why Michigan statement, to tell them why I would want to go to Michigan.
Anyone else wondering if maybe we should send in one of the other optional essays?

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:46 am

leopardRAWR wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:And I worried about YP too since we are a seemingly strong group, but then again that's why I went to the trouble of writing a Why Michigan statement, to tell them why I would want to go to Michigan.
Anyone else wondering if maybe we should send in one of the other optional essays?
I sent in 2 optional essays (a DS and a GPA addendum)...wondering if it's even allowed to send in another (since they specifically ask for only two). If it is, I'd send in a Why Mich in a heartbeat.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”