admissions progress over weekends Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mistermister

Bronze

admissions progress over weekends

Post by mistermister » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Does anybody know if things pretty much shut down over weekends? Do decisions ever get sent out or do files ever become complete on Saturdays/Sundays?

tttlllsss

Bronze

Re: admissions progress over weekends

Post by tttlllsss » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Since there are few - if any - employees in the admissions offices over the weekends, and since decisions aren't automated processes, no, there won't be admissions progress over the weekend.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 pm

mistermister wrote:Does anybody know if things pretty much shut down over weekends? Do decisions ever get sent out or do files ever become complete on Saturdays/Sundays?
Please take this advice to heart...

distractions, learn them, live them, love them

after you've sent out your applications stay away from status update sites, or if you absolutely have to only check once a week. Go read a fun book, go get drunk, go volunteer, weave a basket... it's out of your hands.
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Borhas wrote:
mistermister wrote:Does anybody know if things pretty much shut down over weekends? Do decisions ever get sent out or do files ever become complete on Saturdays/Sundays?
Please take this advice to heart...

distractions, learn them, live them, love them

after you've sent out your applications stay away from status update sites, or if you absolutely have to only check once a week. Go read a fun book, go get drunk, go volunteer, weave a basket... it's out of your hands.

haha... I only ask because I work full-time and weekends are actually the only days I have time to keep up on my applications. Probably the inverse of current undergrads.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 am

since most schools have gone the paperless application route, there is the chance that your application can be reviewed over the weekend by a member of the admissions team. But unless there person is going to be gone for a few days recruiting, teaching or whatnot, or the end of the cycle is upon you, or the person is bored/ a workaholic i would highly doubt that they are going to look at your application over the weekend.

its out of your hands. trust your numbers and your application and you will be all set!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”