U Washington 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lemonie

New

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Post by lemonie » Mon May 16, 2011 5:56 pm

NicG wrote:
lemonie wrote:Just contacted UW and asked if offers of admissions / rejections off of the WL will be made by telephone (because I'm paranoid now of missing whatever phone call I may get from 206-543-****....) and was told that they will be mailing them out. While on the phone, I also asked about when we'd hear back and was told that although decisions could be made into June/July that bulk of the decisions will be made within couple of weeks. Now I could maniacally start checking my mailbox starting some time next week). Yay!!
Omg all the mixed messages! Are they calling? Some of this list were called or are they mailing, As you say? Ugh :evil:
Yeah...I didn't specifically ask about the "call" offers just because their answer would be very predictable... something along the lines of, "yes, there are a few that got acceptances by phone, but most will be done by mail, it just depends" and of course I'm sure they wouldn't let me know why some people were getting acceptances now via phone (the REAL reason why I wanted to call and ask. hehe).

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Mon May 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Were there any calls that didn't happen Wednesday night?

purplebus

New

Post by purplebus » Mon May 16, 2011 8:05 pm

lemonie wrote:Just contacted UW and asked if offers of admissions / rejections off of the WL will be made by telephone (because I'm paranoid now of missing whatever phone call I may get from 206-543-****....) and was told that they will be mailing them out. While on the phone, I also asked about when we'd hear back and was told that although decisions could be made into June/July that bulk of the decisions will be made within couple of weeks. Now I could maniacally start checking my mailbox starting some time next week). Yay!!
Dammit, I hate having to check the mail everyday, an email/call would have been nice of them. Oh well, here's hoping there is enough space for everyone who wants to be at the UW.

kalede

Bronze

Post by kalede » Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 am

deja wrote:Sorry - should have posted this sooner because I know from experience what it's like waiting on news and collecting evidence to support various superstitious beliefs about the UW admissions process. :D

But, I was accepted off the WL on Wednesday by phone. I wasn't asked if I wanted to remain on the WL, but prior to this month I had repeatedly made my intentions to attend the school very, very clear. So, looks like I'll be attending this fall!

For those who care, I'm out of state.

Good luck to the rest of you!
Ahhh, congratulations! Do you mind if I ask your gpa?

tony1003

New

Post by tony1003 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:15 pm

So i am assuming nothing new this week so far. If they are really doing them by mail this could turn into a drawn out process.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NicG

New

Post by NicG » Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 am

tony1003 wrote:So i am assuming nothing new this week so far. If they are really doing them by mail this could turn into a drawn out process.
Ok hate to be a downer but My guess is they called enough people to fill the open slots And when they are sure those people have sent in their deposits etc. They will send out reject letters to the rest of the list. Or again if they aren't quite full a few more calls.....doesn't make sense to mail acceptances this late in the game, especailly after the calls that went out last week and now this awful deafening silence...

lemonie

New

Post by lemonie » Thu May 19, 2011 11:55 am

NicG wrote:
tony1003 wrote:So i am assuming nothing new this week so far. If they are really doing them by mail this could turn into a drawn out process.
Ok hate to be a downer but My guess is they called enough people to fill the open slots And when they are sure those people have sent in their deposits etc. They will send out reject letters to the rest of the list. Or again if they aren't quite full a few more calls.....doesn't make sense to mail acceptances this late in the game, especailly after the calls that went out last week and now this awful deafening silence...
I completely agree. I mean, someone else could call and ask for confirmation whether how acceptances are made? Maybe it was the lady I talked to that had wrong information?? Doesn't hurt to get info from different people...see what they say-- Just grasping for straws I feel like :cry:

manny03

New

Post by manny03 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Just called admissions and was told that the admissions director is going to be out of the office for the next two weeks. The person I spoke with said that there won't be more movement until June 1st. She also mentioned that some spots ARE still available. Keep the hope alive!

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

how the hell do I figure out my Private Access Code? By the time I get off work every day the registration office is closed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Douglb1

New

Post by Douglb1 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Your private access code should have been emailed with your acceptance confirmation. I couldn't find an attachment on my email, so I just replied and asked if they would send it again.

NicG

New

Post by NicG » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 am

manny03 wrote:Just called admissions and was told that the admissions director is going to be out of the office for the next two weeks. The person I spoke with said that there won't be more movement until June 1st. She also mentioned that some spots ARE still available. Keep the hope alive!

pin drop.....

anyone hear anything?

eveslily

New

Post by eveslily » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

NicG wrote:
manny03 wrote:Just called admissions and was told that the admissions director is going to be out of the office for the next two weeks. The person I spoke with said that there won't be more movement until June 1st. She also mentioned that some spots ARE still available. Keep the hope alive!

pin drop.....

anyone hear anything?
I had emailed and just got a response wherein I was told the "committee will continue with the waitlist through the summer"...I think that doesn't bode well ~

lemonie

New

Post by lemonie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 pm

eveslily wrote:
NicG wrote:

pin drop.....

anyone hear anything?
I had emailed and just got a response wherein I was told the "committee will continue with the waitlist through the summer"...I think that doesn't bode well ~
FML :evil:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

purplebus

New

Post by purplebus » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:18 pm

eveslily wrote:
NicG wrote:

pin drop.....

anyone hear anything?
Lame. Is anyone doing Summer start (crim law) at SU?

mat2013

New

Post by mat2013 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:08 pm

No, because I want my summer available (SU already starts so damn early) and I'm praying UW calls me.

purplebus

New

Post by purplebus » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm

mat2013 wrote:No, because I want my summer available (SU already starts so damn early) and I'm praying UW calls me.
Yeah, I thought about starting in August (Fall) too, but when more than 2/3 of the 1L class will be starting this Summer, I don't want feel left out/even more stressed during Fall finals. Also, every SU grad (both who started in Summer, and those who started in Fall) said definitely get criminal law out of the way in the Summer. I would be very very happy to get into the UW, but it will result in having to probably pull out mid-class as the class does not transfer. If SU started late September like the UW does, then it would make more sense for me to enjoy a full summer, but starting Fall semester mid-August will be just as bad as starting in June for me.

mat2013

New

Post by mat2013 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:54 pm

You're probably wise to get it out of the way. I too have heard it's beneficial.

I'm getting married and have other boring reasons why I cannot.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

purplebus

New

Post by purplebus » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:12 pm

mat2013 wrote:You're probably wise to get it out of the way. I too have heard it's beneficial.

I'm getting married and have other boring reasons why I cannot.
That is a really good reason to not do summer entry, I would do the same!

ChemistryMatters

New

Post by ChemistryMatters » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm

I just spoke with Jessica from the admissions office and was told that anyone getting off the waiting list would receive a phone call. She also said there are spots still available, and there will be decisions made throughout the summer...

Fingers crossed.

kalede

Bronze

Post by kalede » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

ChemistryMatters wrote:I just spoke with Jessica from the admissions office and was told that anyone getting off the waiting list would receive a phone call. She also said there are spots still available, and there will be decisions made throughout the summer...

Fingers crossed.
Awesome! I just retook the LSAT to possibly get me off the WL, so it's good to know there are still spots open. :)

ChemistryMatters

New

Post by ChemistryMatters » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Have any more of you on the wait list hear anything? I asked the admissions office (by email) if those of us still waiting would be notified once all the positions are filled -- I was told there will be an email sent out to everyone when this happens.

So, until we receive that email there is still hope!

Any updates?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Who wants to go to Ezell's, get a large spicy, and mail it to me?

northwestgirl11

New

Post by northwestgirl11 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:37 pm

I got the official "reject" e-mail today. Waitlisted in March. State resident.
Oh well, off to Cornell I go.
Good luck to everyone else waiting!

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 pm

northwestgirl11 wrote:I got the official "reject" e-mail today. Waitlisted in March. State resident.
Oh well, off to Cornell I go.
Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Ha! Same story here (Cornell included). To be fair, I didn't even know I was still in the pile - never sent a letter or confirmed my interest. O well. I'm still not counting that one as a rejection.

purplebus

New

Post by purplebus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:20 pm

My heart jumped when I saw the email from Mr. Le, but I got the "you're still on the waitlist" email. The email did mention that a majority of waitlisted students have been removed. Good luck to everyone, whether you now know where you are going in the Fall, or if you are still on the waitlist.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”