IN AT The University of Texas Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onmytoes812

New

Re: IN AT The University of Texas Class of 2014

Post by onmytoes812 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:00 pm

IN today!!!! Still in complete shock.

I've done no research. Can anyone talk about the general culture of the school?

PleaseHelpThanks

New

Post by PleaseHelpThanks » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 pm

onmytoes812 wrote:IN today!!!! Still in complete shock.

I've done no research. Can anyone talk about the general culture of the school?
Congrats!

Also, how did you find out? When did you apply? What are your stats?

onmytoes812

New

Post by onmytoes812 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Congrats!

Also, how did you find out? When did you apply? What are your stats?
Thank you!!!!

Found out via the most nonchalant e-mail you've ever seen. My roommate & I almost choked on our breakfasts & started screaming. Expecting a letter in the mail soon?

I applied late January. Complete LATE February. I'm out of state. Female, non-URM. Stats 166/3.56

Nothing crazy about my app....getting a Master's right now and I sent the optional LOR's. Pretty good resume/PS, but whose isn't? I didn't start a company or invent anything or do the Peace Corps. No FT work experience.

When have most people been finding out?

flepper

New

Post by flepper » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Just got the non-chalant acceptance email as well! Oh man, I thought my choice was a lock, but now that TX is back in the mix and I want to end up back home, I may have to debate myself again...

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 pm

flepper wrote:Just got the non-chalant acceptance email as well! Oh man, I thought my choice was a lock, but now that TX is back in the mix and I want to end up back home, I may have to debate myself again...
Looks like you have similar choices to me. You should go to TX! That's my plan, and I'm not even from there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 pm

bleedblue wrote: Looks like you have similar choices to me. You should go to TX! That's my plan, and I'm not even from there.
Haha sounds like you should be changing your name to bleedorange :lol: You should get the school to give you a grant for all the recruiting efforts!

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:
bleedblue wrote: Looks like you have similar choices to me. You should go to TX! That's my plan, and I'm not even from there.
Haha sounds like you should be changing your name to bleedorange :lol: You should get the school to give you a grant for all the recruiting efforts!
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I'm still anxiously awaiting Stanford though. I think Stanford may be the last school that could pull me away. Harvard would have to move quicker than they actually will. Stanford I'd be willing to drop my deposit and dip out of Austin potentially.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:48 pm

bleedblue wrote:
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I'm still anxiously awaiting Stanford though. I think Stanford may be the last school that could pull me away. Harvard would have to move quicker than they actually will. Stanford I'd be willing to drop my deposit and dip out of Austin potentially.
I thought you liked Michigan? You have a pretty decent offer.

I may be withdrawing from UT this week :(

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
bleedblue wrote:
I thought you liked Michigan? You have a pretty decent offer.

I may be withdrawing from UT this week :(
I like Michigan a lot. But I'm ready to be out of here. Its a tough choice. But I've been within an hour of UM my whole life, I've gone here for 4 years, and Detroit isn't cutting it as my big city. I'm ready for a bigger city and NYC isn't feasible, but I liked Austin a lot. And you shouldn't withdraw. The dean was going on about some interesting IP law stuff at ASW you should call him and talk to him about UT and his ideas for the school before you withdraw.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I live 10 minutes from Penn and we want to move to SF to work, so the choices are obvious. I was hoping that UT would give me a big enough offer to help my decision, but it's comparable to others I have, so I don't think that's going to work. UT was my top target when I started this process 2 years ago, so it's hard to let it go.

clearfire

Bronze

Post by clearfire » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 pm

r6_philly wrote:I live 10 minutes from Penn and we want to move to SF to work, so the choices are obvious. I was hoping that UT would give me a big enough offer to help my decision, but it's comparable to others I have, so I don't think that's going to work. UT was my top target when I started this process 2 years ago, so it's hard to let it go.
That's too bad r6, i've been hoping other top prospects will join me in attending UT, got to keep the upward trend going. And it would be nice to have someone to ride with (i'm assuming).

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 pm

clearfire wrote: That's too bad r6, i've been hoping other top prospects will join me in attending UT, got to keep the upward trend going. And it would be nice to have someone to ride with (i'm assuming).
I barely ride at all on the street anymore, if anything I will be back racing after I start making money again. But the hills behind Berkeley will probably change my mind. I still have the good old R6 and Husky itching to get out.

PSUFB1114

New

Post by PSUFB1114 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Congrats! and to those already accepted, if we haven't heard about scholarships yet :cry: don't plan on it right? I've all but made my final decision, but can't bring myself to withdraw from UT until I know for sure.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

super6

Bronze

Post by super6 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:24 pm

How does one go about paying the deposit? That's due this Friday, right?

IgnatiusJ

New

Post by IgnatiusJ » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 pm

super6 wrote:How does one go about paying the deposit? That's due this Friday, right?
Yep Friday. I just paid it. It's really easy, just log in the Freshlaw website (the link you got in the acceptance email), go to Freshlaw status and it should tell you how much money you owe for the deposit and then go from there. I just paid with a credit card and got a confirmation email a few minutes later. There's probably an easier way to get there but this works.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:23 am

Still haven't decided....Full tuition @ UT vs. half at Penn vs. the prospect of sticker at Chicago (ED next cycle).

I can't visit anything.

The deposit is due Friday, right?

TheThreader

New

Post by TheThreader » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 am

is there any way to request an extension on the deposit?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:40 am

http://recsports.smugmug.com/Outdoor-Recreation

Anyone down to do some of those trips on the weekends? Another plus for UT

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Well, my housing search is over. I found a cheap place on the outskirts of west campus...not too undergrad-y. I wanted Hyde Park, but I couldn't pass up the deal. It's a little less than a mile from the law school, so it should be an easy commute.

super6

Bronze

Post by super6 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Well, my housing search is over. I found a cheap place on the outskirts of west campus...not too undergrad-y. I wanted Hyde Park, but I couldn't pass up the deal. It's a little less than a mile from the law school, so it should be an easy commute.
Are you moving in now or is it possible to find places to rent starting in August? Due to a unique series of events that allowed me to finish undergrad only a year after high school I lived at home in undergrad so this is my first time looking for housing so I don't really know what I'm doing.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:44 pm

super6 wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Well, my housing search is over. I found a cheap place on the outskirts of west campus...not too undergrad-y. I wanted Hyde Park, but I couldn't pass up the deal. It's a little less than a mile from the law school, so it should be an easy commute.
Are you moving in now or is it possible to find places to rent starting in August? Due to a unique series of events that allowed me to finish undergrad only a year after high school I lived at home in undergrad so this is my first time looking for housing so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Depends on the area. Apts closer to campus are geared towards students, so you can pre-lease now for an August move-in date. Places further out probably won't let you lease an August place until June, since larger complexes usually don't know what will really be available until tenants give their 60 day notices

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

juliachild-ish

Bronze

Post by juliachild-ish » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am

bleedblue wrote:http://recsports.smugmug.com/Outdoor-Recreation

Anyone down to do some of those trips on the weekends? Another plus for UT
I am so down! Plus all those day trips they mentioned in that Austin brochure they mailed us were very tempting...

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm down for outdoorsy expeditions. IMO 1L greenbelt trips need to be had.

innernetp

Bronze

Post by innernetp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm going to be withdrawing, guys.

UT is a wonderful school and I hope it continues do well. It just was not a viable option for me financially.

yellowmellow

New

Post by yellowmellow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Just paid my seat deposit :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”