IOWA 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
goodgrief

New

Re: IOWA 2011

Post by goodgrief » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:51 pm

typ3 wrote:
goodgrief wrote:2 weeks until the fiance and I move into our apartment in Coralville. After 2.5 days in the car, the dog and the cat are going to need a lot of playtime. Hopefully, after we get things out of the UHaul, we can make it to the dog park and the cat can settle into the new place.

Has anyone else been to Sanctuary? The (future) in-laws and I went after admitted student's weekend, and I was quite impressed by the beer selection and the food. That might be our first night stop.
Fiance? The reasonable people in this thread have already cast off the old ball and chain. See: Chrisbru & typ3
But I'm rather attached to him...

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:58 pm

goodgrief wrote:
typ3 wrote:
goodgrief wrote:2 weeks until the fiance and I move into our apartment in Coralville. After 2.5 days in the car, the dog and the cat are going to need a lot of playtime. Hopefully, after we get things out of the UHaul, we can make it to the dog park and the cat can settle into the new place.

Has anyone else been to Sanctuary? The (future) in-laws and I went after admitted student's weekend, and I was quite impressed by the beer selection and the food. That might be our first night stop.
Fiance? The reasonable people in this thread have already cast off the old ball and chain. See: Chrisbru & typ3
That's until you meet Chris.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

typ3 wrote:
goodgrief wrote:
typ3 wrote:

That's until you meet Chris.
Then she'll be REALLY attached because she'll be so appalled at the selection of single men?

I have a dog and a yard! Feel free to bring your pooch over for combined drinking/yard games and puppy playtime.

Ty - who keeps your dog?

goodgrief

New

Post by goodgrief » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:25 pm

chrisbru wrote:
I have a dog and a yard! Feel free to bring your pooch over for combined drinking/yard games and puppy playtime.

Ty - who keeps your dog?
We'll definitely have to plan a puppy playtime/human drinking/yard games day.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:31 pm

chrisbru wrote: Ty - who keeps your dog?
The dog is/was mine. I don't know if I'm going to bring her to IC for 1L. Since I don't have an SO to burden the load of letting her outside during the day I may just leave her with my parents. They have a couple yorkies so she'll get plenty of puppy playtime and love. I'm going out on a limb, but I am not as entertaining for her as other pups. That conceited bitch. ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Then she'll be REALLY attached because she'll be so appalled at the selection of single men?
+1

I do appreciate the certain level of self-awareness here, Chris. :)

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Anyone else pleased with the smaller class size this year? It's 15% smaller than 2009's. I can only assume that this will make getting RA positions easier. I could be wrong though.

goodgrief

New

Post by goodgrief » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:12 pm

typ3 wrote:
chrisbru wrote: Ty - who keeps your dog?
The dog is/was mine. I don't know if I'm going to bring her to IC for 1L. Since I don't have an SO to burden the load of letting her outside during the day I may just leave her with my parents. They have a couple yorkies so she'll get plenty of puppy playtime and love. I'm going out on a limb, but I am not as entertaining for her as other pups. That conceited bitch. ;)
Oh, bring her! She can play with my monster. We aren't allowed another dog at the new apartment and she's going to be lonely without her cousins to play with. Just dump her on Chris during the day :)

goodgrief

New

Post by goodgrief » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:13 pm

smiller1 wrote:
+1

It's almost loveable, even. Too bad I'm spoken for. You'll have to deal with him, Sam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:25 am

goodgrief wrote:
smiller1 wrote:
+1

It's almost loveable, even. Too bad I'm spoken for. You'll have to deal with him, Sam.
:lol: love it

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm

:shock:

Girving143

New

Post by Girving143 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:12 pm

maahs07 wrote:Anybody into the Disc Golf/Frolf scene? I've picked it up recently and am a big fan. If so we should def add it to the list of pre-semester festivities.
I play, but only with a beer in my other hand.

Also, I haven't heard from anybody about section 10. I think it might be because all of my fellow section mates are silently crying into their hands at the notion of 8am classes EVERY day of the week.

goodgrief

New

Post by goodgrief » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Girving143 wrote:
maahs07 wrote:Anybody into the Disc Golf/Frolf scene? I've picked it up recently and am a big fan. If so we should def add it to the list of pre-semester festivities.
I play, but only with a beer in my other hand.

Also, I haven't heard from anybody about section 10. I think it might be because all of my fellow section mates are silently crying into their hands at the notion of 8am classes EVERY day of the week.
Meh, Section 5 and Section 6 have the same fate. Also, I have not played frisbee golf since middle school. But I can be convinced/bribed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

maahs07

New

Post by maahs07 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:42 am

chrisbru wrote:
Let me grab my kush and Birkenstocks, and I'll meet you there.

Just teasing (well kinda). I suck but bring a six pack so I still enjoy it. It's good when you can't afford to golf every day.

Anyone know if finkebine has a late season pass or anything?
Haha yea I'm one the the select few that can play disc golf without being blazed out of my mind. Cheaper than a $25 greens fee...but still is no substitute for golf.
Girving143 wrote: I play, but only with a beer in my other hand.
I don't think there's any other way.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 am

maahs07 wrote:[
I don't think there's any It's the other only way.
FTFY

maahs07

New

Post by maahs07 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm

chrisbru wrote:
maahs07 wrote:[
I don't think there's any It's the other only way.
FTFY
I appreciate that...I'll need to start getting used to that for LAWR.

Anybody going to be in IC on Thursday night (July 28th)??

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 am

So, anyone like dubstep? Have we been over this before? My favorite dubstep producer, Skrillex, is playing in Chicago on Friday and Saturday, November 11th and 12th. I'd LOVE to go to one of these shows. Anyone wanna join me for a "get-out-of-IC" night?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:18 am

Yea I like dub, except I think i'm going to an nfl game that weekend. Saw the pics of your place online. I like your dining room table. I really expected a few more lewd photos of women on the walls.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 am

typ3 wrote:Yea I like dub, except I think i'm going to an nfl game that weekend. Saw the pics of your place online. I like your dining room table. I really expected a few more lewd photos of women on the walls.
Thanks... I'm trying to be more classy this round. I saved those all for the bathroom.

maahs07

New

Post by maahs07 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:09 pm

chrisbru wrote:So, anyone like dubstep? Have we been over this before? My favorite dubstep producer, Skrillex, is playing in Chicago on Friday and Saturday, November 11th and 12th. I'd LOVE to go to one of these shows. Anyone wanna join me for a "get-out-of-IC" night?
I also enjoy dubstep but the Iowa/Michigan St. game is November 12th at Kinnick...

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 pm

maahs07 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:So, anyone like dubstep? Have we been over this before? My favorite dubstep producer, Skrillex, is playing in Chicago on Friday and Saturday, November 11th and 12th. I'd LOVE to go to one of these shows. Anyone wanna join me for a "get-out-of-IC" night?
I also enjoy dubstep but the Iowa/Michigan St. game is November 12th at Kinnick...
Depending on the time, we could go Friday night and come back late or early saturday morning. I'm down to be mostly-sober driver and taking my car in exchange for not paying for gas...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

smiller1

New

Post by smiller1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 pm

What is dubstep?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

smiller1 wrote:What is dubstep?
wikipedia wrote:Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in south London, England. Its overall sound has been described as "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals".[1]

I played some at my house when you were there and you mentioned that you liked it. Similar to techno/house, but has much heavier bass breakdowns and a few more technical differences that I won't get into. Check out this YouTube clip, this song really got me started into it. It's by skrillex, who we'd be going to see in Chicago.

Did I mention tickets are only $25? Steal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIZ0mUJ ... ata_player

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Dubstep itself is a large swath of music.. I personally prefer the chillstep subset of dub.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Here's a cool "intro to dubstep" video that kind of explains the basics of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYhneTc ... r_embedded

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”