Penn ED Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shanshan333

Bronze

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Haha. Blasphemy!!! Lets hope we start getting calls soon!!!

amkid100

Bronze

Post by amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Haha. Blasphemy!!! Lets hope we start getting calls soon!!!
looking doubtful....already 12:30!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Good luck everyone! Also remember that last year's timeline might not be a perfect predictor of this year's. A lot of schools seem to be doing things a little differently this cycle.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 pm

beachbum wrote:Good luck everyone! Also remember that last year's timeline might not be a perfect predictor of this year's. A lot of schools seem to be doing things a little differently this cycle.
What about Duke's

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beachbum wrote:Good luck everyone! Also remember that last year's timeline might not be a perfect predictor of this year's. A lot of schools seem to be doing things a little differently this cycle.
What about Duke's
Yeah, Duke seems to be a little off this year. Of course, last year was also their first year with an ED option, so I don't have much data to work with.

Edit: But that doesn't mean I'm not nervous as all hell. I just got waitlisted at Illinois today. Ugh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:43 pm

beachbum wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
What about Duke's
Yeah, Duke seems to be a little off this year. Of course, last year was also their first year with an ED option, so I don't have much data to work with.

Edit: But that doesn't mean I'm not nervous as all hell. I just got waitlisted at Illinois today. Ugh.
Do you think I will get anything but a WL? Again?

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beachbum wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
What about Duke's

You're at/above median, have strong ties to the school, are a current graduate student, and have outstanding softs. You'll get in, and I doubt you'll be paying sticker either. :D

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beachbum wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
What about Duke's

If you're waitlisted at any school under CCN, it is almost definitely YP. Just send in that LOCI and I'm sure you'll be good to go.

loptimist

New

Post by loptimist » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 pm

ugh.. got into a car accident..

a stupid traffic cone was lying down in the middle of highway lane.

uhhhhh no way I could change the lane and bam, my front bumper is totally messed up and i can't even imagine what happened to the bottom of my car... hahah.

now i am on the phone with insurance company and highway patrol ....

can't concentrate on the interview with the dean at penn law that will place in 2 hours...

uhhhhhhh..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm

You're lucky you have an interview with the dean and are not stuck in limbo right now having heard nothing back like some of us, cough cough, me. There's still a chance they could be doing some calls today though, no? Didn't someone say last year they called someone on Friday at 5:00 p.m.? Anyway, I plan to lose all hope after 5.

loptimist

New

Post by loptimist » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

shanshan333 wrote:You're lucky you have an interview with the dean and are not stuck in limbo right now having heard nothing back like some of us, cough cough, me. There's still a chance they could be doing some calls today though, no? Didn't someone say last year they called someone on Friday at 5:00 p.m.? Anyway, I plan to lose all hope after 5.

Well I submitted my application on 10/10, whereas you said you submitted and went UCR only very recently.

Yours may be just delayed and under review now.
Exactly why Penn states that they will be calling ED admits until Dec. 22nd.

Don't lose your hope....

amkid100

Bronze

Post by amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

shanshan333 wrote:You're lucky you have an interview with the dean and are not stuck in limbo right now having heard nothing back like some of us, cough cough, me. There's still a chance they could be doing some calls today though, no? Didn't someone say last year they called someone on Friday at 5:00 p.m.? Anyway, I plan to lose all hope after 5.
Yeah lol that was me. Clearly my outlook on the situation is rapidly oscillating like a fat kid doing the worm at a bar mitzvah.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:24 pm

amkid100 wrote:
Yeah lol that was me. Clearly my outlook on the situation is rapidly oscillating like a fat kid doing the worm at a bar mitzvah.
Haha. Have you not heard back yet either? It's hard to keep track of the stragglers... Also wondering where socio is since we went UCR around the same time. Thanks for the vote of confidence loptimist and that comment wasn't meant to be spiteful... I am happy for you that you are moving on to the next step. Being on Step 0 allows you to be optimistic. Sorry about your car accident too! I have the worst luck, that sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm glad you're okay.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amkid100

Bronze

Post by amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Ya I haven't heard back either

Dex

New

Post by Dex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm still around.

Limboing it up.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Dex wrote:I'm still around.

Limboing it up.
HAHAH. Thanks for making me LOL hard during this most stressful time. 0 calls so far I'm assuming. I hope they don't leave it until next week... Or send us WLs and rejections after their office closes ;(.

amkid100

Bronze

Post by amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:06 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
HAHAH. Thanks for making me LOL hard during this most stressful time. 0 calls so far I'm assuming. I hope they don't leave it until next week... Or send us WLs and rejections after their office closes ;(.
i fear this will happen.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Just got the call!!!!!! IN!! IN!!! IN!!!

amkid100

Bronze

Post by amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:19 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Just got the call!!!!!! IN!! IN!!! IN!!!
OMG CONGRATS SHAN!!!! that's amazing!

loptimist

New

Post by loptimist » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:22 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Just got the call!!!!!! IN!! IN!!! IN!!!

contrats and jealous.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks guys!! I got the call while at work and came back in like shaking... I felt like even my brain was trembling. I also picked up on like the second ring so the guy that called must have thought I was super creepy.. like... "Hello, UPenn? Is that you? I've been waiting for your call for three days... I haven't showered or gone to the bathroom... just been waiting by the phone... Is it really you?!"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Thanks guys!! I got the call while at work and came back in like shaking... I felt like even my brain was trembling. I also picked up on like the second ring so the guy that called must have thought I was super creepy.. like... "Hello, UPenn? Is that you? I've been waiting for your call for three days... I haven't showered or gone to the bathroom... just been waiting by the phone... Is it really you?!"
haha, congrats. Now you can really enjoy the weekend

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:52 pm

beachbum wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Thanks guys!! I got the call while at work and came back in like shaking... I felt like even my brain was trembling. I also picked up on like the second ring so the guy that called must have thought I was super creepy.. like... "Hello, UPenn? Is that you? I've been waiting for your call for three days... I haven't showered or gone to the bathroom... just been waiting by the phone... Is it really you?!"
haha, congrats. Now you can really enjoy the weekend
Oh, you know it. Now to create a: "IN at Penn thread!!"

Still crossing my fingers for socio and kid! Not to forget loptimist!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Haha Congrats! See you in March.

Dex

New

Post by Dex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Got the call about a half an hour ago while I was in class!

See you guys in Philly!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”