Tennessee 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BanjoGirl

New

Re: Tennessee 2011

Post by BanjoGirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:30 am

@Bud2003: What did the status update letter say?

Others - have you all heard anything more from the waiting list? I've been waitlisted since mid-April and am still keeping my fingers crossed ...

Bud2003

New

Post by Bud2003 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:@Bud2003: What did the status update letter say?

Others - have you all heard anything more from the waiting list? I've been waitlisted since mid-April and am still keeping my fingers crossed ...
Just came yesterday and, unfortunately, it was the kind and nice (seemed personal) letter of rejection. They knew I was an older married student, and had plenty of moving parts (wife relocating job, sell/rent out house, etc.) I had to align in order to attend law school. So, they just went ahead and put me out of my misery.

The letter did say that more people have seat deposits in than they do actual seats, but according to admin staff, things keep changing so keep hope.

Anyway, I'll be getting ready for a re-take later this year, Tennessee is definitely a place where I'd like to be one day.

Good luck to you all still waiting.

BanjoGirl

New

Post by BanjoGirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know that rejection letters are always tough no matter how nice they are.

Thanks also for the heads up regarding the seat deposits vs. actual seats. I know it's a long shot to make it off of the waiting list at this point, but I'm hopeful!

Wishing you the best of luck on your re-take and reapplication next year.
Cheers!

BanjoGirl

New

Post by BanjoGirl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

Anyone else in off of the waiting list?
Given up hope?
Taken off of the waiting list?

I'm still waiting (and cautiously optomistic) here ... :)

willia44

New

Post by willia44 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:16 pm

I have been in contact with the admissions office and they have stated that as August tuition deposit deadlines loom there should be some more movement on the wait list. I am doing my best to stay patient and hold on to the thread of hope for affirmative news.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

umang5000

New

Post by umang5000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Anyone else waitlisted? Anyone hear any new news?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”