going backpacking. what about my waitlists Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawgod

Bronze

going backpacking. what about my waitlists

Post by lawgod » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm going backpacking for a week and a half. I'll be out of cell service for long stretches. What do I do about my waitlists? I won't know about the (hopeful) call for days.
Can I just have someone deposit for me? Do I authorize them to withdraw my current school also?

Gold

Re: going backpacking. what about my waitlists

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

lawgod wrote:I'm going backpacking for a week and a half. I'll be out of cell service for long stretches. What do I do about my waitlists? I won't know about the (hopeful) call for days.
Can I just have someone deposit for me? Do I authorize them to withdraw my current school also?
Very few waitlists are seeing movement. Why not just change your voicemail message? If you want someone else to deposit, how would the school even know?

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Perhaps you could use this as an opportunity to send in a(nother) round of LOCIs? Wherein you could either just let them know that it could take a few days for you to respond to a voicemail, or give them contact information of someone authorized to act on your behalf.

katalatriste

New

Post by katalatriste » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 pm

I went backpacking for 3 weeks and before I left, I e-mailed the schools the dates I was leaving and that contact via phone would be impossible. I also told the schools that I was designating someone else to act on my behalf and gave them her contact information.

If a school has a problem with this, then they'll e-mail you back and ask for more details. (Different schools have different policies.)

I also told them that I would have access to e-mail and would be checking it periodically.

Have fun!

lawman2010

Bronze

Post by lawman2010 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:10 pm

My girlfriend went on safari in Africa and I was her designate. It's easy to do. I even called while she was gone and they gave me status updates and confirmed I was who they'd call.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Google Voice.

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 pm

txhorn wrote:Google Voice.
How exactly would that help?