Deferring Enrollment at UCLA? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hoyas2010

New

Deferring Enrollment at UCLA?

Post by hoyas2010 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Has anyone been admitted to UCLA and deferred their enrollment for a year? Either this year or any year in the past. I am interested in doing so and I am curious whether anyone knows how stringent their deferment requirements are (I would like to work and travel in Europe for a year while finishing a screenplay I'm writing...not exactly great reasons to defer I imagine). Any help would be great. Thanks!

jay115

Bronze

Re: Deferring Enrollment at UCLA?

Post by jay115 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:55 pm

hoyas2010 wrote:Has anyone been admitted to UCLA and deferred their enrollment for a year? Either this year or any year in the past. I am interested in doing so and I am curious whether anyone knows how stringent their deferment requirements are (I would like to work and travel in Europe for a year while finishing a screenplay I'm writing...not exactly great reasons to defer I imagine). Any help would be great. Thanks!
They're pretty stringent. I asked one of the admissions folks (not Schwartz) whether I'd be allowed to defer my admissions offer a year to do a fulbright right before I applied. He said they review all requests for deferment, but most requests are rejected - one requires a family emergency or whatnot.

Assuming you've been accepted, why not just email Dean Schwartz to ask?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”