NCCU waitlist info Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
drw983

New

NCCU waitlist info

Post by drw983 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am

(sorry I keep posting this different places, i've reached this forum through a google search and joined on impulse for just this question. I just now realized there's a board index and a variety of forums to post appropriately to, which I am doing now.)

Hi,

does anyone have any knowledge about the NCCU law waitlist? I have spoken to admissions and they give very little information other than they begin reviewing it in July and they will notify you if there becomes room. I have written a LOCI, sent updated transcripts etc.. I know it varies by class, but does anyone know if historically they have made a lot of waitlist offers? Also, do they send you notification given any outcome (let you know when the class has been finalized and no more offers will be made to waitlisted applicants)? Around how long before class starts will you hear if you are accepted from the waitlist? I know orientation is on 8/12, so it seems they would make all waitlist offers at least a week or so before then.

Is anyone on the 2010 waitlist? If so, have you heard anything?

drw983

New

Re: NCCU waitlist info

Post by drw983 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm

So, I've been trying to figure this out myself since no one seems to have experience with the NCCU waitlist on here. The law school's website gives very few updates on the incoming class and very vague information regarding the waitlist. However, I did find a download for the 2009 class enrollment form. It appears the enrollment packet, including the deposit, was not due until 7/31.

As I said before, I have sent in updated transcipts, a LOCI that they happily accepted, and the only information I get is that they will begin reviewing the waitlist in July and I will be notified if there becomes room. This was around May, and seems to imply the class is full.

What, if anything, does a late deposit deadline and review period for waitlist files tell you about a school's waitlist? Does it say that they accept a lot of waitlisted applicants, or, possibly the opposite? Their protocol seems at odds with some other personal anecdotes I've read on here that talk of a April deposit deadline and the waitlist review process starting then. In those cases most waitlist offers had been made by July.

My status is showing as "complete and in review" again, with decision rendered still there (I assume which is from the original waitlist decision). Orientation is on 8/12 and I am a wreck waiting. Any thoughts on this scenerio?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”