Why do law school functionaries suck at writing? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hiromoto45

Silver

Re: Why do law school functionaries suck at writing?

Post by hiromoto45 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm

LOL. Nobody considered a low-ranked staff member or secretary wrote this stuff up?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:LOL. Nobody considered a low-ranked staff member or secretary wrote this stuff up?
I did, but it's more fun to berate people.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Integrity wrote:By any chance, is the law school Vanderbilt? I am on their waitlist and have received some typo-laden e-mails full of grammatical fail. (Still LOVE them and would love to go!)
Probably not; Vanderbilt people normally go with T17, a form of egregious pro-Vanderbilt and detestable anti-USC trolling.

pinkzeppelin

Bronze

Post by pinkzeppelin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 pm

This egregious malfeasance should not go unpunished. Sue the bastards for all they're worth!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm

I think T20 refers to notre dame/wash u/emory. My guess is washU

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

philosoraptor

Silver

Post by philosoraptor » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Going to go with USC, since that's the only acceptance listed in OP's profile. And OP, the best response is to channel your righteous anger into confidence about your own writing ability. Write like a champ; win at law and life.

dogmatic slumber

New

Post by dogmatic slumber » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:36 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:LOL. Nobody considered a low-ranked staff member or secretary wrote this stuff up?
Suppose this is the case. Now what you've got is high-ranking officials allowing their names to be put on correspondence that they haven't reviewed--or that they have reviewed, but not closely or competently. Just sayin', if I hired a law firm and got letters like this signed by important people at the firm, I would have to question their professionalism. And like I said, it's not just this particular school; some higher-ranked schools have sent comparably shoddy efforts.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:50 pm

OP, I wholeheartedly agree with you. People don't know how to write. I'm constantly astounded at the shoddy writing of people in professional vocations. I think a lot of this has to do with the Internet and the ease of publishing. People don't put the effort into proof-reading that they once did.

sumus romani

Silver

Post by sumus romani » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 pm

I was going to advise against attending any school that cares so little about how it appears to incoming students. Then I saw that this was USC :shock: , a supposedly just-out-of-the-top-law-schools-list. USC may not care about how it appears to you, OP, but I'm sure that they care about how they are seen in general. You have nothing to fear.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”