E-mailing a school about getting off the waitlist? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yeahyeah2121

New

E-mailing a school about getting off the waitlist?

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 am

I'm currently on the waitlist for my #1 school, and I'm starting to get a little anxious. Would it be out of line to email someone from admissions to find out if/when they expect any waitlist movement?

robin600

Gold

Re: E-mailing a school about getting off the waitlist?

Post by robin600 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 am

yeahyeah2121 wrote:I'm currently on the waitlist for my #1 school, and I'm starting to get a little anxious. Would it be out of line to email someone from admissions to find out when if/when they expect any waitlist movement?
No not at all. Just send them an email saying you're interested and were curious if they knew of any openings or expected openings.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:35 am

robin600 wrote:
yeahyeah2121 wrote:I'm currently on the waitlist for my #1 school, and I'm starting to get a little anxious. Would it be out of line to email someone from admissions to find out when if/when they expect any waitlist movement?
No not at all. Just send them an email saying you're interested and were curious if they knew of any openings or expected openings.
+1

lawcycle2010

New

Post by lawcycle2010 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:40 am

what are your opinions about calling and asking to talk to the dean directly?? too aggressive?

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 am

lawcycle2010 wrote:what are your opinions about calling and asking to talk to the dean directly?? too aggressive?
I would just e-mail. Not that calling is too aggressive, but too annoying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:45 am

GATORTIM wrote:
lawcycle2010 wrote:what are your opinions about calling and asking to talk to the dean directly?? too aggressive?
I would just e-mail. Not that calling is too aggressive, but too annoying.
Agreed

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:32 pm

I emailed the dean of admissions at my top waitlisted school and apparently he forwarded my email to a student assistant who then treated my (hearfelt) email like a regular LOCI. Point of the story was that these offices get flooded with students who each want a leg up over the other in being accepted off a waitlist and more than likely a direct emai or phone call wont do much for you. Give it a shot though. You might get lucky.

Good luck!

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Everyone wants to get off of the wait list and everyone wants to talk to the Dean. You have to figure a reason why the dean should talk to you. Instead of trying to speak with the Dean of Admission speak with the Dean or Director of the program you want to do or a professor. Gain a rapport with them. Then write about that experience.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”