Help me choose please!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adameus

Silver

Re: Help me choose please!!!

Post by adameus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 am

ok, like others have said. Re-take the LSAT. By the sounds of it, you had a bad test, and a retake would help greatly.
I understand your concern with the grades, but if you have a high LSAT, some schools will definitely be willing to overlook the hard to understand GPA.

That being said, if you don't want to wait a year and you are set on going to law school, I think chapman definitely makes the most sense for you. Yes the starting salaries are low, but that is just a starting salary, and if you can build yourself up a good book of business in the persian community as you previously mentioned, you should have a good shot at making a good living.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 am

OP: go to trade school.

NewLawStudent

New

Post by NewLawStudent » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:16 am

Why would I want to go to a trade school? I already have a Master's in Computer Science and a Bachelor's in English literature. And even if I decided not to go to law school, I could still make a decent living as I am!

NewLawStudent

New

Post by NewLawStudent » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:19 am

And yes, I only scored 155 (64 perc.) on LSAT, which is a lot lower than what I used to score on practice tests, but I shouldn't be making excuses of course.

NewLawStudent

New

Post by NewLawStudent » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 am

I'm still analyzing the odd suggestion about going to trade school. Hmm. :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NewLawStudent

New

Post by NewLawStudent » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:56 am

Thanks everyone. Most arrows are pointing toward Chapman.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 am

OP: I meant it in the least offensive way possible, but if those are your choices for law school, I'd choose something else. You realize all of those schools are completely and totally regional, right? So your post essentially asks: "Should I live in CA, Seattle, New York, or Miami?"

It's just a ridiculous question, IMO. Pick a place where you and your wife want to live, then choose a law school there. Not vice versa.

P.S. (edit): if you already have a degree in something was wildly marketable (compared to LS) as C.S., why go to LS at all?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”