glass container violation Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
claudia1234

New

glass container violation

Post by claudia1234 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:59 pm

i got a $50 ticket at the beach today for having a glass container (beer). apparently you can't have beer bottles, just cans. i have already been accepted at a law school and plan to attend there this fall. is this something i should disclose to the school, or should i just forget about it?

thanks

pleasetryagain

Silver

Re: glass container violation

Post by pleasetryagain » Sat May 22, 2010 10:00 pm

lulz

StrictlyLiable

Bronze

Post by StrictlyLiable » Sat May 22, 2010 10:03 pm

I would say disclose. Better safe than sorry although its not like it would effect their decision since they already made one. At least it was only a ticket.

claudia1234

New

Post by claudia1234 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:15 pm

thanks!, anyone else?

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:18 pm

claudia1234 wrote:thanks!, anyone else?
Write a personal statement about why glass is inherently more safe for a beach than cans (I'll start you out, glass is made from sand, beaches are made of sand) and why the only reason the cop harassed you is because THE MAN hates your people.

Edit: Make sure to write THE MAN in all caps every time you mention THE MAN.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

claudia1234

New

Post by claudia1234 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm

wtf?

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Sat May 22, 2010 10:30 pm

StrictlyLiable wrote:I would say disclose. Better safe than sorry although its not like it would effect their decision since they already made one. At least it was only a ticket.
Read your application to see if you need to disclose (i.e. if this had happened before your application was submitted, would you have had to disclose it?) -- I am pretty sure being "charged" or "cited" is something that would have required disclosure at the time your application was submitted, so I am pretty sure you will need to disclose it. In any event, I wouldn't get too worried about it. People have done worse.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Make sure to do everything in your power to smooth this over before C&F comes along, or else you may never even get to practice :shock:. Don't be surprised if your school moves you to the waitlist, or you go back under review.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Sat May 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Drake014 wrote:
Write a personal statement about why glass is inherently more safe for a beach than cans (I'll start you out, glass is made from sand, beaches are made of sand) and why the only reason the cop harassed you is because THE MAN hates your people.

:lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dvd

Bronze

Post by dvd » Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

'
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Sun May 23, 2010 3:13 pm

claudia1234 wrote:i got a $50 ticket at the beach today for having a glass container (beer). apparently you can't have beer bottles, just cans. i have already been accepted at a law school and plan to attend there this fall. is this something i should disclose to the school, or should i just forget about it?

thanks
Shut up, pay the damn ticket, and forget this ever happened. In that order!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Sun May 23, 2010 3:24 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun May 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Sorry, dude. You're screwed. You'll never get past C&F with something like that on your record.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun May 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Sigh...

Why do people feel like they have to tell a school everything? If your d*ck falls off, would you tell the school?

It was a minor issue that wont affect your enrollment in any way shape or form, so dont say anything. If you had a DUI or committed manslaughter, then yes you would have to disclose, but a little $50 ticket? Come on. No. You're already in, relax. Its pointless to disclose it to the school.

Good luck!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Drake014 wrote:

Haha... This.
gdane5 wrote:Sigh...

Why do people feel like they have to tell a school everything? If your d*ck falls off, would you tell the school?
Also this.

Drummingreg

Bronze

Post by Drummingreg » Sun May 23, 2010 8:11 pm

gdane5 wrote:If your d*ck falls off, would you tell the school?
Hmm, depends if there is some scholly money in it for me. That's gotta be some kind of diversity.

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Read what the disclosure is on the application. The schools I applied to I believe say that you have to inform them of anything that changes on the application. A school like AU, where you are required to disclose "any violation of law" would make this (not disclosing it) a big deal. A school where you are only required to disclose criminal charges, you'd not have to mention this. (Assuming its a civil citation) Either way, it should be very explicit in their disclosure policy whether or not you have to tell them. And if it doesn't say you have to, you should keep it to yourself.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

claudia1234

New

Post by claudia1234 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

i think i'll just call the school and ask them. hopefully they'll just laugh at me for being overly paranoid.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon May 24, 2010 11:42 am

rockstar4488 wrote:Read what the disclosure is on the application. The schools I applied to I believe say that you have to inform them of anything that changes on the application. A school like AU, where you are required to disclose "any violation of law" would make this (not disclosing it) a big deal. A school where you are only required to disclose criminal charges, you'd not have to mention this. (Assuming its a civil citation) Either way, it should be very explicit in their disclosure policy whether or not you have to tell them. And if it doesn't say you have to, you should keep it to yourself.
This is the credited response, however

claudia1234

New

Post by claudia1234 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:12 pm

so apparently it's not a big deal. i spoke with the rep at the admissions office and she said as long as it didn't happen at the time i completed the application, it's ok. And it wasn't a big deal to begin with, just have to make sure to disclose it to the bar.

thanks again to all of you!

iiifly

New

Post by iiifly » Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

claudia1234 wrote:so apparently it's not a big deal. i spoke with the rep at the admissions office and she said as long as it didn't happen at the time i completed the application, it's ok. And it wasn't a big deal to begin with, just have to make sure to disclose it to the bar.

thanks again to all of you!
sigh......

sigh......

sigh......

sigh.....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”