Ohio State vs. Wake forest Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
exitlane

New

Ohio State vs. Wake forest

Post by exitlane » Fri May 14, 2010 12:18 pm

I was granted a 15,000 diversity scholarship (guaranteed every year) to ohio state (out of state) and 18,000 annual scholarship to wake forest university (top 2/3 of class). What do you guys think is a better choice considering job prospects and quality of life? Total savings would be like 16,000.
PS I hate the cold and big cities but I want a job come graduation.

RonArtest

New

Re: Ohio State vs. Wake forest

Post by RonArtest » Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 pm

exitlane wrote:I was granted a 15,000 diversity scholarship (guaranteed every year) to ohio state (out of state) and 18,000 annual scholarship to wake forest university (top 2/3 of class). What do you guys think is a better choice considering job prospects and quality of life? Total savings would be like 16,000.
Columbus > Winston-Salem.

Also, go with the guaranteed scholarship even though it is of a lower amount than Wake's (No stipulation+++).

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri May 14, 2010 1:29 pm

RonArtest wrote:
exitlane wrote:I was granted a 15,000 diversity scholarship (guaranteed every year) to ohio state (out of state) and 18,000 annual scholarship to wake forest university (top 2/3 of class). What do you guys think is a better choice considering job prospects and quality of life? Total savings would be like 16,000.
Columbus > Winston-Salem.

Also, go with the guaranteed scholarship even though it is of a lower amount than Wake's (No stipulation+++).
+1. Although I turned down both schools Ohio St. was far and above the better choice between the two. Quality of life, job prospects etc. Also, VISIT if you have not yet.

exitlane

New

Post by exitlane » Fri May 14, 2010 4:18 pm

I would like to add that I love a more rural/natural environment. I am really beginning to detest big city life; I lived in Los Angeles most of my life and currently reside in Orange County (I hate this place). I do not care much for restaurants, clubs, bars, or spectator sports.

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:20 pm

exitlane wrote:I would like to add that I love a more rural/natural environment. I am really beginning to detest big city life; I lived in Los Angeles most of my life and currently reside in Orange County (I hate this place). I do not care much for restaurants, clubs, bars, or spectator sports.

agree. i live in NYC and want to go to school somewhere where there is more greenery.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”