UCLA vs. Georgetown even money, full tuition Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tarheelz

New

UCLA vs. Georgetown even money, full tuition

Post by tarheelz » Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 am

Hi guys,

Alright, in a head to head face off of law schools - which would maximize my opportunities post-graduating in this economy???

I do not know what I want to do after graduation, so I'm really looking for the school that across the board would help me out the most in a variety of ways. Some considerations:

a) I'm from the east coast and would be happy for a west coast adventure/complete change of pace
b) I'm concerned about the CA economy in the long-term. Seems like UCLA is a near-feeder to LA law community but hiring is probably not what it used to be. Also, the tuition is on its way up there, too.
c) I'm debt averse but these are my options - full tuition payments at both schools. Oh, joy.

thatsnotmyname

Bronze

Re: UCLA vs. Georgetown even money, full tuition

Post by thatsnotmyname » Tue May 11, 2010 9:44 am

tarheelz wrote: I'm really looking for the school that across the board would help me out the most in a variety of ways.
Since you didn't get money at either, Georgetown.

tarheelz

New

Post by tarheelz » Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 am

Yea, that's the way I'm leaning. Despite being only one ranking point apart (for whatever "rankings" are worth...). I might go to LA to visit just to see.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Tue May 11, 2010 9:52 am

tarheelz wrote:Yea, that's the way I'm leaning. Despite being only one ranking point apart (for whatever "rankings" are worth...). I might go to LA to visit just to see.
If you want to be in Cali, I'd say UCLA. Hell, I want to be in Cali.

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Tue May 11, 2010 11:08 am

MC Southstar wrote:
tarheelz wrote:Yea, that's the way I'm leaning. Despite being only one ranking point apart (for whatever "rankings" are worth...). I might go to LA to visit just to see.
If you want to be in Cali, I'd say UCLA. Hell, I want to be in Cali.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:23 am

Georgetown unless you want California for Sure. In that case, UCLA for sure. Georgetown will give you more national reach.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”