Vandy Wait List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Matteliszt

Silver

Re: Vandy Wait List

Post by Matteliszt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:20 pm

I wrote in this thread like 2 months ago that the first round wait list picks would be high lsat....I just said encyclopedia brown and then thebigmediocre. Look at the data on lsn.

sp63

New

Post by sp63 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Integrity wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:I had a 171 and a 3.53, the score came from a June retake. I
Thanks for the information. It looks like after shawshank, The Big Mediocre, and now you that they are seeking higher LSAT scores. Congrats on the success, though! Your numbers are great! Where are you headed?
Not necessarily - I was accepted at the end of May off the waitlist and I was a slight reverse splitter. They might be looking for more than just high LSAT.

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm

sp63 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:I had a 171 and a 3.53, the score came from a June retake. I
Thanks for the information. It looks like after shawshank, The Big Mediocre, and now you that they are seeking higher LSAT scores. Congrats on the success, though! Your numbers are great! Where are you headed?
Not necessarily - I was accepted at the end of May off the waitlist and I was a slight reverse splitter. They might be looking for more than just high LSAT.
I was just going off of this thread... :oops:

Congrats to you! Did you accept the offer? And I sure hope they are seeking a severe reverse splitter (me)! :P

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I wrote in this thread like 2 months ago that the first round wait list picks would be high lsat....I just said encyclopedia brown and then thebigmediocre. Look at the data on lsn.
Do you have predictions for the second round?

sp63

New

Post by sp63 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Integrity wrote:
sp63 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
I was just going off of this thread... :oops:

Congrats to you! Did you accept the offer? And I sure hope they are seeking a severe reverse splitter (me)! :P
Yeah, I definitely accepted the offer and am super excited to move to Nashville! I just remembered you PMing me for my numbers after I posted that I was accepted, and I wanted to try to restore some of your hope! It's not over till it's over. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:47 pm

I haven't been watching the data so I don't really know. If you go to lsn take the average gpa and lsat and then look at last years averages and compare. You can look at my data in earlier pages of this post if you wish

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 pm

sp63 wrote:
Yeah, I definitely accepted the offer and am super excited to move to Nashville! I just remembered you PMing me for my numbers after I posted that I was accepted, and I wanted to try to restore some of your hope! It's not over till it's over. :)
Thank you for the reminder! Yes, you were so sweet, and your LSAT is FABULOUS! I sure hope to meet you in Nashville! I have remained very persistent!

Matteliszt, I am headed to research your postings!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:38 am

Cool hope it helps.

aulburch

New

Post by aulburch » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Withdrew from the waitlist on Friday. I talked to an associate admissions dean last week. They said that they would definitely be offering seats in the next week or two after they receive the early July indication/committment from people who deposited there earlier this year. Good luck to those left on the WL!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:03 am

aulburch wrote:Withdrew from the waitlist on Friday. I talked to an associate admissions dean last week. They said that they would definitely be offering seats in the next week or two after they receive the early July indication/committment from people who deposited there earlier this year. Good luck to those left on the WL!
Thank you for this hope! Did you speak with Sofia? Good luck at Penn!

aulburch

New

Post by aulburch » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:11 am

I actually spoke with Ryan Willard. I haven't been in touch with Sofia in the past month or so. Ryan was more than happy to answer my questions. Best of luck to you too (hopefully in Nashville!)

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 am

tag
Last edited by smartblonde87 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 am

Dear Ryan, please call me as well! I wonder if we will see another mass e-mail anytime soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Integrity wrote:Dear Ryan, please call me as well! I wonder if we will see another mass e-mail anytime soon.
That would be nice! I just need a crumb to nibble on....

yzrcr701

New

Post by yzrcr701 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Hmm I was hoping for a little movement this or last week...

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:36 pm

yzrcr701 wrote:Hmm I was hoping for a little movement this or last week...
+1, looks like the ship is sailing without us on board :(

luhrenzo

Bronze

Post by luhrenzo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 pm

yzrcr701 wrote:Hmm I was hoping for a little movement this or last week...
I think this late in the game its on a case by case basis as individual spots open up...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:24 pm

I want to go to Vandy so bad! It's getting so late in the game now, though... :(

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 am

*crickets*

luhrenzo

Bronze

Post by luhrenzo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 am

Integrity wrote:*crickets*
it's even more quite than that...

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 am

luhrenzo wrote:
You're right, what's (not) going on at Vandy? I surmise they got 100% confirmation for the July 21 deadline...?

I just wish we'd get some sort of update, even if it was a generic e-mail thanking us for waiting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

luhrenzo

Bronze

Post by luhrenzo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Integrity wrote:
luhrenzo wrote:
You're right, what's (not) going on at Vandy? I surmise they got 100% confirmation for the July 21 deadline...?

I just wish we'd get some sort of update, even if it was a generic e-mail thanking us for waiting.
i spoke with Sofia, who was refreshingly honest, and stated they were full but things change day-to-day which is why they wont send out a letter thanking us for remaining on the wait list until the first day of class begins...

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 pm

luhrenzo wrote:
Integrity wrote:
luhrenzo wrote:

i spoke with Sofia, who was refreshingly honest, and stated they were full but things change day-to-day which is why they wont send out a letter thanking us for remaining on the wait list until the first day of class begins...
Goodness...! So do you think there is some sort of cut-off date where one out of state should reasonably lose hope? This is insane!

luhrenzo

Bronze

Post by luhrenzo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Integrity wrote:
luhrenzo wrote:
Integrity wrote:
luhrenzo wrote:
Goodness...! So do you think there is some sort of cut-off day where one out of state should reasonably lose hope? This is insane!
i dont think theres a concrete date but there's very little hope left

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 pm

Integrity wrote: Goodness...! So do you think there is some sort of cut-off date where one out of state should reasonably lose hope? This is insane!
THB I think it came and went.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”