Harvard Waitlist 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2010

Post by PoorOrpheus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm

^ They send an e-mail first to schedule.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:27 pm

I guess that's good--no panicking about getting a call asking "Why Harvard?" out of the blue. (Haha, as if I have to worry about that :|)

kmap

New

Post by kmap » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 am

Soooo glad to have gotten my call back in May. I don't know how I'd scramble to move this late in the game.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 am

Soooo glad to have gotten my call back in May. I don't know how I'd scramble to move this late in the game.
I know! You totally wouldn't get to be smug about it either.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 am

neimanmarxist wrote:
I think we'd all love the opportunity to be "smug" about a Harvard acceptance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:I was accepted today through a joint JR1/JR2. :shock: There's still a chance for more acceptances, so good luck to everyone waiting!
Whoa, congrats!

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Core wrote:
PoorOrpheus wrote:I was accepted today through a joint JR1/JR2. :shock: There's still a chance for more acceptances, so good luck to everyone waiting!
Whoa, congrats!
PoorOrpheus!!!!

I'm so happy for you.

WithdrawNOW

New

Post by WithdrawNOW » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:13 am

You should all withdraw NOW

WithdrawNOW

New

Post by WithdrawNOW » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 am

Actually, all people "waitlisted" in every school should all have withdrawn about 5 months ago so that the schools would get a dose of their own medicine. I wonder what they would have done when they were left with no people to choose from.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:59 pm

swampthang wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:
I think we'd all love the opportunity to be "smug" about a Harvard acceptance.

donde

New

Post by donde » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Had a JR1 recently (past few days) but no JR2 yet -- wondering if anyone else is in the same anxiety ridden boat. Is there a history of JR1 this late without an eventual JR2?

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 am

donde wrote:Had a JR1 recently (past few days) but no JR2 yet -- wondering if anyone else is in the same anxiety ridden boat. Is there a history of JR1 this late without an eventual JR2?
You're saying JR called you within the last two weeks and didn't offer admission? Did you say something awful? Stats?

donde

New

Post by donde » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:00 pm

I don't think anything particularly awful or brilliant was said...pm for stats.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

msh0945

New

Post by msh0945 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 am

I'm in the same boat as you. They said the admissions committee is convening today so hopefully there will be answers soon!

macunaima

New

Post by macunaima » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm out. Email yesterday.

Good luck to those remaining.

CoaltoNewCastle

Bronze

Post by CoaltoNewCastle » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:41 pm

--
Last edited by CoaltoNewCastle on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pissantvache

Bronze

Post by pissantvache » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:07 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Oy. I wish Harvard would let me in. Congratulations and condolences on your recent outcomes, people I don't know! Good luck, everybody else.
Wait, are you out or in limbo still? anyone have guesses on how many of us there are left?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CrimsonCal

Bronze

Post by CrimsonCal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 pm

I still haven't heard anything from HLS... and I've already started law school, haha

CoaltoNewCastle

Bronze

Post by CoaltoNewCastle » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:36 pm

--
Last edited by CoaltoNewCastle on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chanchito

Bronze

Post by chanchito » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:I still haven't heard anything from HLS... and I've already started law school, haha
Is it possible for you to drop out of your school and go to Harvard if accepted? Or is it too late? lol

CrimsonCal

Bronze

Post by CrimsonCal » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 pm

chanchito wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:I still haven't heard anything from HLS... and I've already started law school, haha
Is it possible for you to drop out of your school and go to Harvard if accepted? Or is it too late? lol
haha... in the .001% chance of that happening... I suppose I would, although that'd be crazy,

I haven't paid tuition yet

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 am

I don't understand why they haven't released more of the WL yet. Last year it was early August, and that was with everything being possibly pushed back due to TS's mid-cycle resignation. Having spent the last couple of months resigning myself to my fate and getting excited for what awaits me this year, I don't even know what I would do if they did call me. Not even kidding. It's getting to the point where they're like that hot girl in high school who takes joy in stringing along as many guys as possible. Although TBF, she is a very very hot girl indeed.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 am

They just sent out an email telling me that their class is full--but spots might still open up, and I'm still on the waitlist. *sigh*
Dear BenJ,

I'm writing to give you a brief update regarding the Harvard Law School waitlist.

As of right now, our class is full. However, if recent years provide any indication, there is the possibility that a few spots may open up between now and the start of orientation on August 27.

I know that you're probably looking to finalize your plans for this fall and may, in fact, be starting classes prior to then. If you are still interested in being considered for a spot in our class, there's no need to do anything further - we'll continue to consider your application as spots open up. If now, or at any point in the future, you decide that you would no longer be able to attend Harvard Law School if admitted, please reply to this e-mail and ask to be withdrawn from the waitlist.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Josh
I suppose it is better than silence.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

BenJ wrote:They just sent out an email telling me that their class is full--but spots might still open up, and I'm still on the waitlist. *sigh*
Dear BenJ,

I'm writing to give you a brief update regarding the Harvard Law School waitlist.

As of right now, our class is full. However, if recent years provide any indication, there is the possibility that a few spots may open up between now and the start of orientation on August 27.

I know that you're probably looking to finalize your plans for this fall and may, in fact, be starting classes prior to then. If you are still interested in being considered for a spot in our class, there's no need to do anything further - we'll continue to consider your application as spots open up. If now, or at any point in the future, you decide that you would no longer be able to attend Harvard Law School if admitted, please reply to this e-mail and ask to be withdrawn from the waitlist.

Best,
Josh
No way! I got the SAME email! While I will grant you that it is marginally better than silence, it doesn't really add anything new. He's basically just reminding you that you're on the WL and what a WL is. I wonder what happened to those two guys who got JR1s, but not JR2s.

CrimsonCal

Bronze

Post by CrimsonCal » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 am

swampthang wrote:
BenJ wrote:They just sent out an email telling me that their class is full--but spots might still open up, and I'm still on the waitlist. *sigh*
Dear BenJ,

Best,
Josh
No way! I got the SAME email! While I will grant you that it is marginally better than silence, it doesn't really add anything new. He's basically just reminding you that you're on the WL and what a WL is. I wonder what happened to those two guys who got JR1s, but not JR2s.
got the same email this morning as well

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”